It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Circumcised men may soon be able to REGROW their foreskin!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   
OK Anyafaj, I've read through five pages of this and both sides have their compelling arguments. It seems to me those in the middle who say it should be the decision of An Adult to get this done to themselves is probably prudent. I can otherwise see eventual legal actions Young Adults Vs Parents as to having had their stuff messed with. As for The Doctors, Scientists, Religious Types etc. All I can tell you for sure is that Nature Invented Humans and you folk didn't invent Nature. So Y'All fooling around with Nature can have many unforeseen consequences that can be most difficult to overcome at times. Anyway ATS, That's my take on this sticky subject (LOL). Have A Good Evening Y''All
Arjunanda a reply to: Anyafaj

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Just another veiled attack on Western culture.
Let's all be more like the third world nations, grow us some foreskin and never use condoms. Oh and don't vaccinate or use toilet paper ever again.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I understanding what youre saying, but you dont seem to understand how scientific research works.

This study will may implications for stem cell regrowth on other parts of the body too. The face, the eyes, ears, fingers, hands etc. I'm pretty sure if they can regrow a foreskin they can use that research to regrow other areas of skin too. But we will have to wait and see. The wrong thing to to is judge them before theyve even finished their research, as you have no idea how benefitial this could be to other areas of stem cell research at this stage.

To me the only bad thing about this is that theyre using live animals, which i find completely immoral...
edit on 19 2 15 by funkadeliaaaa because: e

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
A friend of mine wasn't circumcised and he ripped it good during sex one time.... Said it was just about the most painful thing ever to happen to him...he quickly finished the job at the local doctor's office and thought why didn't he ever have it done before.

I had a family member hear the arguments for and against and have his removed.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: subfab
a reply to: Anyafaj

what happens if the skin doesn't stop growing. we could end up with a generation of men with aardvarks in their pants.

Maybe something like this?

Warning*

www.dailymail.co.uk...enis-REDUCTION-surgery-Teenager-requested-op-genitals-grew-large-stopped-havin g-sex.html
edit on 19-2-2015 by thesaneone because: Fix link

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Interestingly, the prophet Mohammad predicted this would be possible over 1400 years ago.
But theres a catch, you have to die ànd go to heaven first... But you also get 72 virgins and the trees are dripping with honey...

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

I find the idea of parents being so fascinated with the aesthetics of their child's genitals to be pretty creepy, too. And really, that's what it's about - elective cosmetic surgery for adults who get off on their kid's junk. And maybe I'm alone, but I figure performing cosmetic surgery on your child - anywhere - for aesthetic reasons is a pretty insane idea.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 12:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: funkadeliaaaa

originally posted by: ketsuko

What I find fascinating is that we are so sex-centered that rather than apply this first to burn victims, who could desperately use this, we have to spend our time assuaging men who think they're missing out. Maybe they are, but talk about being self-centered!

Yeah, little 3rd degree burn victim, I understand that you are maimed and in terrible pain and need skin over most of your body ... But I need to get LAID first ...

That's an invalid argument...
The foreskin is the most complex area of skin cells on mans body (fact)...
And skin is all one organ, so if they can regrow foreskin, that would be amazing, and their research findings may be able to be used for repairing other regions of the body, face, fingers, hands, ears, nose, eyelids, etc...

The arguments about the foreskin being useless are not true. It protects the glans and it has a lot of small glandular functions in the head ofnte penis that I don't know the details of.. But it's true and the fact are out there if you care to research. So the foreskin is useless argument = debunked.

The arguments about circumcision preventing disease, equally invalid, and untrue.

Wearing a condom prevents STDs not circumcision. It may reduce chances of infection from smegma build up, but thats not the same as an STI/D... Thats self inflicted... So cicumcsion prevents STIs / STDs = a dangerously misleading lie.

Dont loose you head over this debate people...
(Gay wedding ftw) budum bum...

The argument about cancer is fallacious too. Fact: Not having eyes reduces the risk of developing eye cancer.... By 100%.
Not having breasts reduces the risk of breast cancer... Not having a brain.. You get the idea.

Removing foreskin for other medical procedures. For example "Tightness" (the reason mine was removed at a young age) also untrue that circumcision is the only treatment that works. It can be effectively treated with theraputic alternatives, that reduce the foreskins tightness over time... No other medical reasons for corcumcisions spring to mind... So in that case all the medical reasons given to parents by doctors for this operation that I know of = debunked. If there are others please bring them to the table.

Would I have mine restored? In short no.
I am completely against the use of live animals in medical experimentation, and I'm pretty angry about this. Im more annoyed and upset for the bull than I am for myself. Go figure.

If they didnt experiment on animals? Perhaps. It intrigues me that this has breached the realm of the not impossible. Life and nature is amiracle anyway tho, so i guess its not that that unnatural, just unheard of within our paradigm... But nothing short of the miracle you see in nature with lizards regrowing tails etc would temp me. It would have to be a complete restoration with all the nerves and glands restored to fully functional state, as it if it had never been removed (I'm thinking thats impossible), and on the condition that it doesn't hurt during the regrowth period and also that it doesn't take too long to regrow.. And also that it feels like normal skin and not unnatural.... For example I don't want some kind of artifical "skeletal matrix" down there... I would rather have what I feel is normal to me now than something that feels unnatural in any way artificial or uncomfortable. .. But you never know it might grow on me
I kind of like the idea of having a layer of skin protecting my glans from rubbing on harsh material besides thin cotton underwear.

Sad to see the level of immature replies in this thread but almost expected in a way.

I think that is one of the most well thought out replies I've read in this entire thread. Thank you very much for your thoughts. I great admire, and appreciate them!

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 03:09 AM
link   
One of my ex wives talked me into it.
Wish I didn't have it done. Sex was better for me before I had it cut so I will be watching this with interest.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 04:09 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

How many ex wives you have BM . Jeez . lol

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 04:12 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

Only three lol.
Expat has me beat though nine is it?

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 04:12 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

Only three lol.
Expat has me beat though nine is it?

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 04:16 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Nine , what part of his brain hasn't worked it out yet . lol

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
Just another veiled attack on Western culture.
Let's all be more like the third world nations, grow us some foreskin and never use condoms. Oh and don't vaccinate or use toilet paper ever again.

Gods naked ass cheek has more values than your precious "western culture".

Fear mongerer
... there i said it!

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Awesome graphic there... once I came out of my epileptic fit, anyway...

Yeah, that might've been the bugger... Mary Jane McGillicutty must've had one hiding in her long silken hair or maybe in her cut off shorts on that summer day this all started ... hmmm...

Darned priapism again... must be a spider here, too...

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I would Not consider this unless there was such a way for the ladies to tighten up sagging boobs and a loose vagina. It just wouldn't be fair.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 04:22 AM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Circumcision is part of western culture ?
Why do you consider the dogmatic religious practices of Jewish people and Muslims as part of the western culture ?

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnPhoenix
Funny you should mention that, as I gave this some thought. This could be a blessing that goes beyond just foreskins. Before you think otherwise, consider this. As a person ages, they get to a point where the skin is very thin, small abrasions can open up to wounds on the body. Skin get thin and easy to tear. This could be something that could have a benefit to a lot of people, especially the elderly. And if they get this technique down to where they can redo skin, then it could be used in other applications where tissue has been damaged. Think about it, how many people need an organ transplant? And all that goes into what is required? What if they can now make a person a new heart, or lungs, or kidneys or livers or any other organs out there. It would reduce down the number of people who are waiting lists to get a new organ that could be rejected, and processes like dialysis and diabetes may become a thing of the past.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: JohnPhoenix
I would Not consider this unless there was such a way for the ladies to tighten up sagging boobs and a loose vagina. It just wouldn't be fair.

Duh, we've been doing this for YEARS! Which rock have you been under? LOL

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join