It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nerve agent spill at Kentucky Army base?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Hi, ATS. I just saw this video about a possible nerve agent spill at the Bluegrass Army base in Kentucky. I found this thread about a Sarin spill from 2008 from the same base but the guy on the video mentions having base personnel cut down because of the extreme cold so I take this one to be recent. Supposedly what happened is someone on the base played whislteblower made a call out and reported it because there's a media blackout. Now, I take everything from Infowars with a grain of salt but this sounds serious. Do any of you know about this? Have you heard anything?

Video:

edit on 19-2-2015 by Skid Mark because: spelling

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I live less than thirty miles from the the depot and I've not heard anything of the sort. Usually they are pretty decent about keeping up their alerts for potential hazards to the public. If there was a spill, it was probably in one of the bunkers which are easily sealed.

It sounds to me that it's a non issue... if it even happened at all.
edit on 2/19/2015 by EternalSolace because: Clarity

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Sorry i dont trust info shills anymore they have been wrong too many times but then again who knows?a reply to: Skid Mark

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Yeah, I know. Like I said, I take everything they say with a grain of salt. I just posted this just in case they don't have their heads in their rectums, if you know what I mean.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

I'll believe info coming out of Infowars long before I believe news coming from any govt., cops, LEO agencies, military, or any media people serving authority figures. They don't have a great record of telling the truth either.

edit on 19-2-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I agree. It's a toss up on who is lying to you the most.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   
That statement is a 100% true

Q

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Nothing being said locally. This happens far too frequently, and they usually don't announce until well after the fact.

On the bright side, it's so damn cold that a shell probably just cracked from years of expansion/contraction and the VX ran out like jell-o.

Even if it escaped the igloo, the probability of escape from the depot is pretty small under current conditions. Even if it were to escape the igloo as a vapor, it would freeze and fall almost immediately. The area is currently colder than Alaska, Greenland, or effing McMurdo, Antarctica!!!

No bones about it though, there are some really nasty things in there...and that's just what you know about.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   
YEAH nothing to worry about HELL the engineer s blew up a STOCKPILE of ammo in Khamasya that had some in it up wind from our position LOOK at me I'm FINE...

Who am I?

Q

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   
No, seriously.

If this were a "real" emergency, there would be thousands of dead people right now, not ambiguous videos on AJ's site from mysterious "contractors".

Not saying it didn't happen...probability says otherwise. The description is quite apt in detail, really.

I'm in close contact with some who would be in the "first to go" area (directly downwind, less than 1 mile), and they're fine. Lived there at one point myself, as hare-brained as that may sound.

Staff reduction currently due to extreme weather. Nobody's gone anywhere this week they didn't absolutely have to. There's like 2 feet of snow everywhere and stoopid cold temps - not KY's normal operating condition, even for this time of year.

Not meaning to downplay the risk at all, but living around this stuff you learn the ebb and flow of things. Wouldn't recommend eating any odd-colored snow out that way, for sure.

I hadn't heard about Khamasiya somehow, Cav7; thanks for the pointer. Unknown CBN agents from all over the world...so let's just dump it in a big hole and use about half what's needed to do the job, explosively speaking, while we stand around.

Yikes! What a huge gap in critical thinking that was.

edit on 19-2-2015 by Q because: code error

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
Now, I take everything from Infowars with a grain of salt but this sounds serious.

And nothing else Infowars claims is ever "serious"

You should take it with a pinch of salt. In fact, you should take it with the entire Dead Sea.
Don't you think, if this had actually happened, the whistleblower would have contacted a reputable news outlet (okay, yes, hard to find one, but even Fox would be better and more reliable/trustworthy than Inforwars!)

Why would anyone choose a tiny group of conspiracy nuts with a small audience and no credibility, instead of calling a national broadcaster able to actually get national coverage for a major ongoing story?

It's BS, that's why.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

If there was a spill and danger to the community, the government and military would be telling people. Easier to deal with a spill if it doesn't kill half the community. They could say it's anything. So if they aren't saying there is some sort of chemical (non weapon) spill and moving people out, I doubt it happened.

Q

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Not necessarily BS; this is a fairly common occurrence at the facility, which usually provokes no more than a single paragraph blurb in the local paper on page 3 a month later.

What's not common is for a contractor - who should, by definition, be familiar with and contractually obligated to STFU - to decide that it is a major risk event which requires notification to save human lives...and make said announcement via a tip to AJ of all people, the majority of whom affected aren't even aware of said program's existence.

If this were an actual emergency, the guy should be hanged for going to AJ instead of somewhere actually liable to get the word out...say, a local radio or TV station, of which there were plenty to choose from. Hell, even FB or Twitter would work better at spreading the word...seriously, 90% of folks in the affected area have no idea who AJ even is, much less depend on him for a warning of such magnitude.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Any VX nerve agents still in US stocks are binary.

That means the shell has two compartments and both have to leak and mix to get VX agent.

Leaking of one compartment in the shell means you only have a chemical leak but its not VX or a dangerous nerve agent.

It sounds to me that it's a non issue...because someone that does not KNOW VX nerve agents and how the weapons work over heard something about a minor leak of one of the chemical and told reporters.

The US is in the process of destroying its stockpiles and started by destroying the most dangerous non binary weapons first.

Q

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ANNED

Don't think this info is correct, ANNED. Gonna have to call shennanigans on that post. BGAD has been stockpiling nasties since WWII, and is veritably chock-full of old unitary devices, which is what makes disposal such a dicey proposition.

But hey, don't take my word for it. I'm just a nobody who has had to live around these things for 40 years.

www.cma.army.mil...

If you'll kindly draw your attention to table 2.2, you'll find a claimed inventory of over 120 tons of unitary VX in M55 rocket, and M121A1 projectiles. This is only what they will claim in publicly-available information, so extrapolate from that if you're the creative type. Call it gospel if you're not. Figure 2.2 details the physical form of these unitary munitions.

The SWO plant isn't operational yet...all of these things are stil there, along with god-knows-what else trucked in by convoy in the dead of the night since 1942.

Here's what's being said locally through official channels:

Social media reports about a chemical leak at Blue Grass Army Depot in Madison County were false, Army officials said Thursday.

A number of factors apparently led to the erroneous reports, according to a release from Blue Grass Chemical Activity, the agency that deals with chemical weapons at the depot.

An off-post siren test-sounded Wednesday, as it does on the third Wednesday of every month.

In addition, the pilot plant under construction at the depot currently has a small workforce. And Blue Grass Chemical Activity has been closed this week because of inclement weather.

No chemical operations have been conducted during this time frame, the release said.

edit on 20-2-2015 by Q because: Outdated news reference - brought current & edited for new info

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Thanks for all the comments. Like I said, I wasn't sure if it was actually true or not and thought I would check here. For one, people on this site are from all over. Also, people on this site are knowledgeable about a wide variety of things, as I see each and every day coming here. It's something that I appreciate greatly.

Q

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Thanks, Skid. This one was quite literally "in my back yard", so I felt a bit responsible to get ATS the actual truth on the ground through all the hype.

Very much happy to function as ATS' "man on the scene".

new topics

top topics

join