It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vast bed of metal balls found in deep sea

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 03:44 AM
link   
I know where there is a bed of these in the Calif desert that were laid down over 100 million years ago and now are on dry land.

I have a few i collected and have tested and they are interesting but not good for being mined for anything as i tried to find a steel mill that wanted them to make high manganese steel.

If cut just right you will find layers and in the center will find a point with a shell or something that they formed around.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: ghostingmiranda
could the be cannon balls?

They say they have been there for around 10 million yrs.. I don think humans or cannon balls existed then... So far they say..

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

There are a few places on earth where vast bodies of water once stood, such as the Sahara desert. If mining beneath the sea for these manganese nodules is so difficult, why hasn't anybody tried mining in these places?

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Oh I guess I'm not the only one who thought of that, then. Maybe you could have sold the balls if you had formed a legitimate business, then went Oscar Schindler mode and wined and dined your prospective customers.

a reply to: ANNED

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   
some call me?

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Since the thread has petered out, so to speak, and no one has mentioned this yet...

Two tablespoons of cinnamon
and two or three egg whites
a half a stick of butter...melted
Stick it all in a bowl, baby!
Stir it with a wooden spoon,
mix in a cup of flour
and you'll be in heaven soon.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join