It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Siberian Express' brings Record freezing temps to east coast. Choo Choo.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Temperature records dating back more than a century began to tumble in the Southeast early Thursday as a weather phenomenon known as the "Siberian Express" blanketed the eastern third of the nation in subzero temperatures.

Parts of Kentucky had already entered the record books by 4 a.m. ET, with almost all of the state between zero and -10 F according to The Weather Channel.

www.cnbc.com...

Schools in Chicago have closed and trains in the north-east corridor have been affected by the cold.

Extreme cold warnings are also in effect in the Canadian provinces of Ontario and Manitoba.

Frigid temperatures are expected to continue into Friday.

Record lows have already been broken in Kentucky, where it was -8F (-22C) on Thursday morning in Paducah and most of state was below 0F.

Weather forecasters believe the cold air will help break more than 100 daily record lows, NBC News reports.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Is this normal? I find It strange that the east is frozen while the west coast where I live has not even dipped below 0c most of this month.
Crazy weather? or HAARP? New ice age coming? Or my tin foil hat is too tight...?

To those on the east stay safe and warm! feel free to share pictures and stories of your battle with the Siberian Express!

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Isn't it a jet stream thing, it typically is cold on East coast USA in winter then if the jet stream is being typical, it arrives here in the UK a few days after and a bit milder.

There is that ice age theory though.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I can say from having to walk outside every hour or so for a smoke that it is REALLY cold in GA. I have been at the office about 4 hours now and my toes have not warmed up at any point while inside.....so cold that the concrete floor inside on the second floor is too cold to put my feet on.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Mother Earth is a complex organism, with many different systems, orbiting a complex fireball that influences her "weather".

We are tiny organisms with expansive minds perceiving this weather, which is bigger then we are.

We have to control over it, enjoy (or not) the ride

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Agent008

It's 5 degrees here in Pittsburgh PA. With wind chill factors making it -20 .
Generally once it hits 15° it does not matter. Feels the same. Last 3 years we been setting records for cold weather.

2 things I hate after 15°'s .. salt don't work.
And my wood deck starts shooting out nails.
True story. One day I heard what I thought was gun fire in my back yard on a single digit day. I went out to look. Low and behold, nails were blasting out of the wood. The nails also produced that ricochet sound too.
It happened last night too. I have replaced the missing nails with long wood screws.

I also hate that my cars dashboard keeps telling me that the tires are low on pressure with ice possible. Dang bells and whistles..
edit on 19-2-2015 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-2-2015 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Flying nails... didn't know very cold weather could do that. Do you have body armor for those trips to the mailbox?

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Lol.. no I don't. But luckily my decks in the back and the mail box is out front.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I live in upstate NY,US. The weather here has been anything but "normal." Not only have we hit record lows, but we've hit a record for how many days we've had that are subzero F. I know the rest of the world truly is seeing record high temps, but for the eastern half of the US and Canada, global warming a hard sell.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: mistressofspice

I got my heater set on 72°. I'm also wearing long johns under my pants and sweater.. it's still cold.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   
What people are experiencing is actual air swooping in from Siberia. Just imagine how much it's warmed up since it left Siberia. Breath deeply, and you are breathing Siberia.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aleister
What people are experiencing is actual air swooping in from Siberia. Just imagine how much it's warmed up since it left Siberia. Breath deeply, and you are breathing Siberia.

Lol.. there's a flatus joke in there.. I can smell it!

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: theabsolutetruth

It's all part of that Global Warming ice age Obama care thingy...

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Is funny how people freak out because the tempereature dips down a bit and right away blame global warming or new ice age
. Being a canadian and torontonian, I don't see any scary weather patern. Nothing more than it usually is in winter time. Actually past years have been and felt colder. In the rcent years temperatures have gone up. I remember not longer than 10-15 years ago, temeratures in -20-25 plus windchill were a common thing that lasted for weeks, not just few days. We don't really need the so called Siberian Express because we have our own Arctic
. Chill out people, is just cold weather. No need to panic!
edit on 19-2-2015 by Telos because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Is this normal? I find It strange that the east is frozen while the west coast where I live has not even dipped below 0c most of this month. Crazy weather? or HAARP? New ice age coming? Or my tin foil hat is too tight...?

Its global warming, duh!

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Yep. It's cold, but that usually happens this time of year.

It'll warm up in a few days.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Here in Virginia they've already called our schools off. It's expected to be 30 below zero by morning with the wind chill. I'm not leaving my house.... Even if it's on fire.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I read the news out of Tampa earlier today, and noticed they were calling the high of 50* cold (again. Floridians are winter wimps, always have been) All the years I lived there, I never found a 50* day in Florida to be all that cold. Refreshing, but not cold. We had a high of about 4* where I am in Michigan. THAT was chilly. Not cold enough to keep me inside, but I still snorted at Florida calling fifty cold.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Last week in Erie Pennsylvania, we have temperatures around negative six during the day, wind chill factor of negative twelve. Probably heading back there tonight and not looking forward to the fresh hell that shall await me. Will probably be easily negative twelve or thirteen by the time I get there and with things to bring in and out of the car too. >.< And a cold apartment to greet me because I've been away for a few days and had to turn the thermostat back.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Baby it's cold outside!!

Hey Agent008!
I am in SW Ontario Canada, and it's -20 degrees Celsius with a wind chill of -29.
It's brutally cold, and has been for days...with more to come.

I've been wearing more layers than an onion!

jacygirl

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Unfortunately for us here in the east the cold is nothing new. I'm here in the Utica NY area, it's been more then a few years since I've seen the prolong below zero temps. Global warming? lol, no, just slipping back into the old fashioned winter.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join