It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Benefits of Smoking

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: TiredofControlFreaks
a reply to: TiredofControlFreaks

During prohibition - drinking was not prohibited. You could still drink if you had a prescription and you got your drink from the pharmacy.

Drinking was restricted - not prohibited!

But we still got all the negative effects of prohibition anyway. All the corruption, violence, smuggling, poisoning etc.

How did that happen when drinking was not prohibited?

Tired of Control Freaks

\
Get your drink from the pharmacy? That's what the pharmaceuticals really want and are getting it. Now its get your nicotine from the pharmacy . Has anyone actually noticed that over the past twenty or so years. That countries with high amounts of smoking, but consume no Dairy, have a good health record. Those that smoke and consume Dairy have a very poor health record. Has anyone actually noticed that, men are more effeminate, and women are more masculine. Does anyone actually care that they are consuming vast amounts of hormones in the milk from the milking of pregnant cows. Which now is the standard practice.? Do you really want your daughter to become a women at twelve? do you want your son to have a load of oestrogen and have the sperm count that's fifty per cent down on what it was thirty years back, with insult added to injury, as he's been taking a sex change hormone. What the F%$#@! going on with this world! and they blame and vilify smokers, when they are, are actually paying the supermarket to slowly poison them, and their kids. People are stupid, they always were and always will be.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Its smoking that kills not nicotine.I vape,so given the fact that nicotine doesnt kill and Ive removed the 7000 chemicasl and all the carcinogens ,i ve made a better choice

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: RosaMaria

i am just curious about something. The experts say that vaping is just as dangerous as smoking. What do you think?

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Well, I think this post was written by cigarette dealer. Smoking is bad, it will damage your lungs and heart. And once it's gotten its fill, it will probably kill you too.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: AlvinHudson it makes your breath smell, your clothes smell and your house smell too. Heroin is good for pain control, but I don't think anyone would be writing a thread on the benefits of heroin. Addicts just hate to admit they're addicted and will look for any excuse to justify and defend their addiction. Many of us have been there

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: TiredofControlFreaks
a reply to: RosaMaria

i am just curious about something. The experts say that vaping is just as dangerous as smoking. What do you think? No they don't

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

Then please explain why so many jurisdictions in Canada and the US are subjecting vapers to the same restrictions as smokers?

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: TiredofControlFreaks I don't know I'm from the UK, where vaping is seen as a safer replacement to cigarettes
I don't really care either way,

(post by kamagra4uk removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t
We had a mandatory smoking ban (no vote offered) in restaurants and bars in Oklahoma a few years ago. In 2 weeks! the local news stations interviewing business owners and employees of those businesses were asking state government to lift the ban. Even the non-smokers. They said that another 2 weeks (less than 30 days total time) and they would financially go under completely.

The ban WAS lifted temporarily and then when the affected businesses got back on their feet, the ban was re-implemented with a stipulation that individual businesses could serve smokers and non-smokers in the same building IF they were willing to fork over thousands of dollars for separate ventilation.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: kamagra4uk

Now I had not heard of these benefits before. Can you provide confirmatory links or more information

Thanks!
Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: whitewave

and yet here in the major city I used to live in and frequent many times, the ban has been in place for some time and business is booming HARDCORE. People still drink tons, eat tons, dine, smile, laugh, dance whatever. Then they proceed outside for a puff and life is fine. A few folks don't like it. Some of our local bars have really cool patio setups where it is completely outside of the bar walls, but have a triangle of three butane heaters/blowers with tables out there. No muss...no fuss.

I have no problem that smokers will smoke. I am not interested in prohibition. But restriction to places where the public congregates is in place in many states and it's been great.

So what's the point? The links by others above showed no negative impact in 9 states that implemented the ban.

And people will say over and over, "why should we as smokers not be allowed in public places?"

NOBODY is stopping you from eating at or anywhere else where smoking used to be. The difference is you cannot smoke there.

I understand that anti-smoking coalitions can get touchy but why shouldn't they? If I am a waiter at a restaurant, why should I have to work an 8 with smoke all around me? Breathing that junk in has been shown to be dangerous. However, even if not dangerous, must I suffer the smell when a smoker can very easily hit a sidewalk for a minute or two?

People talk about how smokers are so oppressed and that smokers should be allowed to puff anywhere and at anytime. So in others words, the denial of your VOLUNTARY activity in places that a a majority of people don't want it, is oppression? Then how is it NOT oppression towards anti-smokers who want to sit and dine in while they have to breathe in, or smell the smoke?

Is it only oppressive if it "oppresses" you?

And to TOCF....are you serious or joking when you are comparing restriction to prohibition?

There IS NO prohibition on cigarettes. I can, if I so choose, walk to the corner store right now, slap down my debit card and walk away with a carton. I can then, get in my car, or walk on a sidewalk, or stand in a designated smoking area and puff away right in front of a cop or soldier, and nothing can be done about my actions. Period. Under prohibition of smoking (if it were in place), were I to do the same thing there would be consequences. First off, the corner store would likely not have that carton, or I'd have to go to a back room and buy one in a shady deal. Then as I walked down the street and lit up, BAM, suddenly Johnny Law has all the reason and right to fine, cite or arrest me on the spot.

THAT is prohibition. Keeping smoke away from a park, inside a workplace, or inside a public venue is NOT prohibition.

And don't cry about your lack of "four walls."

I am pretty sure most houses these days have four walls. Although not the same material, I am pretty sure my car has a 360 degree enclosure (with the exception of opening a window or a vent and so forth)

See the point? Nobody is stopping you from smoking. If a coalition wants t step up and try to bring about actual prohibition of smoking, I will be right next to you in that fight. Until then, some restrictions do not a prohibition make.

But please, remember that what you do IS voluntary. I have nothing whatsoever against a smoker. I won't date or marry one, but that's my choice and it says nothing about that smoker. I have no quarrel with a smoker. Unless you follow me and blow it in my face, I am capable of stepping a bit aside as I pass you or if I have to be extreme about it; crossing the street.

But that is not prohibition

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: TiredofControlFreaks

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: KyoZero
a reply to: whitewave

But please, remember that what you do IS voluntary. I have nothing whatsoever against a smoker. I won't date or marry one, but that's my choice and it says nothing about that smoker. I have no quarrel with a smoker. Unless you follow me and blow it in my face, I am capable of stepping a bit aside as I pass you or if I have to be extreme about it; crossing the street.

But that is not prohibition

You have no idea how much I wish more people would agree with you. So many times I have, or have watched someone else, step off to the side of a public area to smoke. Along comes a family with a few small children who for some reason have to stop by the same area to do absolutely nothing, just talk and play on their phones while the kids run around bored. Even though the smoker was there long before them and they could have simply walked by they stop and stay there until immediately after the smoker leaves. While standing there they constantly complain about the smoke and give the smoker "your killing my children" looks. I personally have learned to not care anymore and sometimes will force myself to chain smoke just to make sure they understand that.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: MasterOfTheDamned

I think in Illinois it is outside, in a smoke area or like some feet off a wall. But for someone to specifically stop by you and pull that needs to grow up. They are purposefully making themselves the martyr if the pull that. No fear with me. I am capable of a side step. All those years in the NFL taught me how to juke

And by NFL I mean playing Madden

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: MasterOfTheDamned
While standing there they constantly complain about the smoke and give the smoker "your killing my children" looks.

You want to indulge in an incredibly annoying habit in public but you get bent out of shape because you think someone is looking at you funny?

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: DelMarvel

apparently you cant read, I step out of the way where people are not congregating.
While I'm standing there smoking they decide to walk over right next to me and complain to each other about my smoking and the proximity to their kids who don't even want to be there because its off to the side away from everything they want to do. Are you trying to tell me I'm not allowed to smoke unless I'm on my own property, even if I go out of my way to stay out of everyone else's way. Sounds excessively totalitarian to me

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 11:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: MasterOfTheDamned

apparently you cant read, I step out of the way where people are not congregating.
While I'm standing there smoking they decide to walk over right next to me and complain to each other about my smoking and the proximity to their kids who don't even want to be there because its off to the side away from everything they want to do. Are you trying to tell me I'm not allowed to smoke unless I'm on my own property, even if I go out of my way to stay out of everyone else's way. Sounds excessively totalitarian to me

I'm saying they've got as much right to say whatever they want to each other as you have to spew annoying fumes into the air. I just find it amusing that someone who is doing that is complaining about other's supposedly rude behavior.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 01:05 AM
link   

what is so wrong with fumes that no one else has to smell
unless they choose to make it a problem even though i made sure it wasn't?

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join