It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama defends the Isis jobs comment with "kill them with kindness".

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Delete
edit on 19-2-2015 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Obama’s so smart then why is he wasting money training Syrian “moderates” with Turkey

Turkey is supporting ISIS

What kind of double dealing crap is this con man doing?

Turkey, U.S. sign deal to train and equip Syrian opposition: official (Reuters) - The United States and Turkey have signed an agreement to train and equip moderate Syrian opposition fighters, a Turkish Foreign Ministry official said on Thursday. The U.S. military has said it is planning to send more than 400 troops, including special operations forces, to train Syrian moderates at sites outside Syria as part of the fight against Islamic State militants. "The agreement was signed by the foreign ministry undersecretary and the U.S. ambassador," the official told Reuters. U.S. officials have said they plan to train about 5,000 Syrian fighters a year for three years under the plan. Saudi Arabia and Qatar, as well as Turkey, have publicly offered to host training sites. Turkey hopes the training will also bolster the weakened and divided Syrian opposition in their war against Syrian President Bashar al-Assad. The Free Syrian Army is seen by Turkey as a key actor in Syria's conflict but the group has been riven by divisions and suffered setbacks at the hands of government forces and other rebel factions.
www.reuters.com...

Obama's running a con folks.

He changing the subject to buy time
edit on 19-2-2015 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

sounds fine.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

What is Obama changing the subject from ... to?

Why is he "buying time"?

(Evidence does indeed point to Turkish complicity with ISIS ... thank you; that bears more research!)

What does this have to do with the comments made by Marie Harf or President Obama that are the nominal subject of the discussion?

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ultralight
a reply to: nwtrucker

Obama needs a clue.

No, he is a dumb puppet.

Americans need a clue, a clue that he who runs office in the Whitehouse, his belief is unknown. Though there are pictures of Obama with Muslims and wearing their clothing..

Obama is NOT what America is lead to believe he is. There is an intruder in the white house, and his gang is rogue, and they are changing America.

Get a f*king clue America.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   

The subject of the thread is similarities of presidential cycles from Democrat to Republican.

Please try to keep within the thread's intent.

Your input is appreciated as always...

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Should we be surprised at the absolute lack of actual quoted material in the OP?

The comment in question's source: Marie Harf, State Department.

We’re killing a lot of them and we’re going to keep killing more of them. So are the Egyptians, so are the Jordanians. They’re in this fight with us. But we cannot win this war by killing them. We cannot kill our way out of this war. We need in the medium to longer term to go after the root causes that leads people to join these groups, whether it’s lack of opportunity for jobs, whether…

Y
And the actual Obama quotes being referred to as the "defense"

So just as leaders like myself reject the notion that terrorists like ISIL genuinely represent Islam, Muslim leaders need to do more to discredit the notion that our nations are determined to suppress Islam, that there’s an inherent clash in civilizations. Everybody has to speak up very clearly that no matter what the grievance, violence against innocents doesn't defend Islam or Muslims, it damages Islam and Muslims.

and

So that’s the first challenge -- we've got to discredit these ideologies. We have to tackle them head on. And we can't shy away from these discussions. And too often, folks are, understandably, sensitive about addressing some of these root issues, but we have to talk about them, honestly and clearly. And the reason I believe we have to do so is because I'm so confident that when the truth is out we'll be successful. Now, a second challenge is we do have to address the grievances that terrorists exploit, including economic grievances. Poverty alone does not cause a person to become a terrorist, any more than poverty alone causes somebody to become a criminal. There are millions of people -- billions of people -- in the world who live in abject poverty and are focused on what they can do to build up their own lives, and never embrace violent ideologies.

and

And terrorist groups are all too happy to step into a void. They offer salaries to their foot soldiers so they can support their families. Sometimes they offer social services -- schools, health clinics -- to do what local governments cannot or will not do. They try to justify their violence in the name of fighting the injustice of corruption that steals from the people -- even while those terrorist groups end up committing even worse abuses, like kidnapping and human trafficking.

So if we’re going to prevent people from being susceptible to the false promises of extremism, then the international community has to offer something better. And the United States intends to do its part. We will keep promoting development and growth that is broadly shared, so more people can provide for their families. We’ll keep leading a global effort against corruption, because the culture of the bribe has to be replaced by good governance that doesn’t favor certain groups over others.

The fact is extremist philosophies take root in areas that have been decimated economically ... like Iraq and Syria.

Germany, economically decimated after WW1.

Etc.
Etc.

Now, back to your regularly-scheduled hooting and cawing.

As other posters have opined, doublespeak. An articulate orator. An ineffectual leader. The results of Obama's fine rhetoric has been increased terrorism. increased numbers of like groups with more qualified and restrictive actions against those same groups. A spreading of that 'ism' right into this very country. Where joining Isis is now not uncommon.

That is his legacy. That is the similarity I see in both Clinton and Carter, all be it worse this time around. Ultimately the point of the thread. I all likelihood, cleaning the mess up will fall to a Republican president...again.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

The topic of the thread is "Obama defends the Isis jobs comment with "kill them with kindness""

The "Isis Jobs comments" were made by Marie Harf, whom I actually quoted, and the "Obama defends" refers to the speech he gave, which I also quoted directly from.

And from the body of your OP you said "This comment by Obama struck me as an almost Carter-like mentality. "

I'm not sure how I can be "off-topic" by quoting what your title and OP refer to, but feel free to report that to the mods if you wish. I feel that material is right on topic, as was my injunction to you to stop referring to your opinion of my posting style and "play the ball" of your discussion.

And I see in your next quote you're actually referring to the quotes I made, so, how is my input off-topic?

CONSOLIDATED:

So, you're not interested in what Harf or Obama actually said, that you stated was suggesting that our response to ISIS should be "killing with kindness" or that you stated reminded you of Carter ... it is your intention merely to ignore the source of what your OP is supposedly about, and merely rehash political rhetoric with how Republicans are always correcting Democratic messes (with no evidence)?

That's fine. Proceed. Play your ball! I just provided actual quotes and context for your claims.
edit on 17Thu, 19 Feb 2015 17:22:03 -060015p052015266 by Gryphon66 because: Noted.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   

edit on 17Thu, 19 Feb 2015 17:21:36 -060015p052015266 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Obama’s so smart then why is he wasting money training Syrian “moderates” with Turkey

Turkey is supporting ISIS

What kind of double dealing crap is this con man doing?

Turkey, U.S. sign deal to train and equip Syrian opposition: official (Reuters) - The United States and Turkey have signed an agreement to train and equip moderate Syrian opposition fighters, a Turkish Foreign Ministry official said on Thursday. The U.S. military has said it is planning to send more than 400 troops, including special operations forces, to train Syrian moderates at sites outside Syria as part of the fight against Islamic State militants. "The agreement was signed by the foreign ministry undersecretary and the U.S. ambassador," the official told Reuters. U.S. officials have said they plan to train about 5,000 Syrian fighters a year for three years under the plan. Saudi Arabia and Qatar, as well as Turkey, have publicly offered to host training sites. Turkey hopes the training will also bolster the weakened and divided Syrian opposition in their war against Syrian President Bashar al-Assad. The Free Syrian Army is seen by Turkey as a key actor in Syria's conflict but the group has been riven by divisions and suffered setbacks at the hands of government forces and other rebel factions.
www.reuters.com...

Obama's running a con folks.

He changing the subject to buy time

Read up on Gladio NATOs staybehind Groups and you will understand how Turkey who is a NATO member can have relations With IS. If Turkey who is a NATO member have relations With IS you can be sure they are not the only NATO member who have these relations With IS.

Turkeys and NATOS relations With IS is covert. There wont be a common News Source that can go Public With such information. Because it is covert.

EDIT: there is a very important thing you People have to pay attention to and that is the difference between voulenteers and the head of AQ ans ISIS.

It is the voulenteers who are doing the fighting. And it is them who we are fighting against. We are not really engaging the head of these movments.

We are figting the voulenteers. If you are really Bright you know what that means. Do you see the covert operation and how it Works?
edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Sorry, but that comment by Obama is what invoked the thread and the thought. Quoting him or her words doesn't reflect the world situation that is likely to be inherited by the next president. Likely Republican.

The simple reality you seem to avoid is the worsening world situation that has developed under the Obama watch. That is part of his developing legacy.

There is no evidence of any reversal in the direction things are going, as well.

A tough spot for the next leader of the free world, don't you think? I see a similarity to the last two Democrat...oops strike that, three Democrat Presidents.

It took Nixon to get us out of the Vietnam mess. I'd forgotten that. LMAO. Nixon, the twit, an improvement over Johnson..

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: spy66

Lets not omit the fact that the Ottoman Empire was Turk based. The source of centuries of Islamic incursion into Europe that finally resulted in the Crusades.

A return of the caliphate isn't exactly covert news. The same goal for both, Isis and Turkey? Neither is the Turkish leaders antipathy towards the U.S..

Then there's the Kurdish issue. Another that isn't exactly hidden either.

Some of this pretty obvious. Of all the nations we are 'aligned' with. Turkey would top my list of trust em no further than I could drop-kick em....

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

Lets not omit the fact that the Ottoman Empire was Turk based. The source of centuries of Islamic incursion into Europe that finally resulted in the Crusades.

A return of the caliphate isn't exactly covert news. The same goal for both, Isis and Turkey? Neither is the Turkish leaders antipathy towards the U.S..

Then there's the Kurdish issue. Another that isn't exactly hidden either.

Some of this pretty obvious. Of all the nations we are 'aligned' with. Turkey would top my list of trust em no further than I could drop-kick em....

It aint covert News here. But publicly it is covert. Because it is never mentioned in the media. The common man on the street have no Clue as to who have true relations With who when it comes to AQ or ISIS. They have no Clue.
edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

Sorry, but that comment by Obama is what invoked the thread and the thought. Quoting him or her words doesn't reflect the world situation that is likely to be inherited by the next president. Likely Republican.

The simple reality you seem to avoid is the worsening world situation that has developed under the Obama watch. That is part of his developing legacy.

There is no evidence of any reversal in the direction things are going, as well.

A tough spot for the next leader of the free world, don't you think? I see a similarity to the last two Democrat...oops strike that, three Democrat Presidents.

It took Nixon to get us out of the Vietnam mess. I'd forgotten that. LMAO. Nixon, the twit, an improvement over Johnson..

Which comment by Obama are you referring to? I quoted quite a bit of his speech that was relevant to Ms. Harf's comment. So we can address your specific concern.

Out of curiosity, which Republican do you see as the next President? Every poll has every possible Republican candidate very far behind the likely Democratic nominee.

How is quoting what Harf and Obama actually said "avoiding the simple reality that the worsening world situation"???

You're the one that keeps directing questions to me, when you claimed earlier that I'm "off topic" somehow ... why don't you get back to the meat of your intended discussion? If I'm off-topic, are you trying to derail your own thread by directing post after post towards me?

Again, I felt that readers should have access to the quotes that were nominally under discussion. I haven't made any other comments toward your refined thesis.

I'm glad for you to ignore me and plunge ahead with your partisan rhetoric. I keep suggesting that you "play your ball."

But just for kicks, are you really lauding President Nixon? That's a bold move, even for a Republican! LOL

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: infinityorder

The "appeasement doctrine" meme virus that has infected the right-wing brains is nothing more than a ridiculous justification for waging an endless series of wars in a delusional and misguided belief that we can reshape the world the way we want it by force. Anything short of war is "pussified."

The only reason that you're making Nazi analogies is because you want to invoke a popular war. If you were such a student of history, you'd realize that 99% of our military interventions haven't actually improved anything.

" right wing brain"????

I am no right winger first off.

I am a moderate, I argue against " right wingers" on this board all the time.

Your left wing brain cant comprehend reality!

See how that works?

Gets us nowhere.

Now keep your illogical partisan bs to yourself and focus on the issue I addressed.

True or false, appeasement only encourages a tyrant?

Since we know it is true, how is it going to discourage Putin or Isis from their current paths of obvious aggression?

And yes, Putin has invaded a sovereign state with his military, that is aggression.

We should have at the least provided anti armor weapons to Ukraine.

After Putin loses a few hundred tanks he won't be able to hide it from his populous, who believe Russia is sitting idle on the sidelines, nor actively engaging in open combat in Ukraine.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   

The head of these armies of this violent world never fight unless you’re talking about in the movies like Gladiator with Russell Crow leading the charge.

The Turkey thing is a bust that all of this is likely a giant black operation.

I have personal loathing for fundamentalist so I’m all for their destruction eventhough it’s a part of a scam

I’ll play along with the scam as long as eventually they get wiped out

And let God deal with these leaders who are destined to burn in Hell

Obama, Erdogan, Assad, Bush, Cheney, Netanyahu, Ali-Baghdadi, the Saudi and Gulf leaders, and all the leaders who brainwash the young jerk offs to play cowboys and indians

edit on 19-2-2015 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join