It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photographer captures something she can't explain in skies over Greenville County

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 08:53 AM
link   
lady claims to have photographed something strange;

"At first glance, a Taylors shutterbug thought she had snapped a few shots of sun and moon close together in the twilight sky Sunday.
When Stephanie Davenport looked closer, she said something caught her eye.
“I originally thought it was the moon, but when I zoomed in on my pictured it clearly wasn't. It is round and looked to have lights on it,” Davenport wrote in a Facebook message to FOX Carolina.
She said she snapped the first few photos on Center Drive in Taylors and then snapped a few more on Highway 290.
Every time she zoomed in, the strange bright spots appeared in the image."

LINK

not sure what to make of this. need to see full-size pics. anyway what do you think ??
or

(pictures at link, i don't know how to put them here)

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   
3 of the 4 look like lens flare's except for the dots, the forth you can zoom in and see a square box of distorted pixels as in crop marks.

edit on 19-2-2015 by hillbilly4rent because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: RoScoLaz4

Interesting. here is a video lilnked in the comments of that article. Please forgive the Planet X/Niburu garbage and concentrate on the image from August 2014 as claimed in the vid.

It sure looks like the moon, but if we have original link to the image, the XIF data should give the actual data and we (we being someone with more knowledge than I) can verify the moon's phase at that time.

It's worth looking into. (IMHO)

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   

+19 more 
posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I live on the Gulf Coast and I also saw this driving home. I almost pulled over but it was rush hour traffic.

edit on 19-2-2015 by Digital_Reality because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I never thought about this before, but with Fox News at the helm, I could see reports on E.T. and UFO's happening more often.

+9 more 
posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Digital_Reality
I live on the Gulf Coast and I also saw this driving home. I almost pulled over but it was rush hour traffic.

No, no. It's already been proven a hoax, lens flare, and a faked cropped image. You couldn't have seen it in real life with your real eye. /sarcasm off

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Looks like lens flare to me.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

thanks for posting the video

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Tusks

I didn't see any examples that looked like the pics in the OP. Do you have a link to something exactly like that to compare?

+7 more 
posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Just for clarification. These are the pics in question. I am not a professional photographer, but I don't think this is a lens flare.

One thing that is consistent with these images and the one in the video earlier, is the small dots in the orb. (you may have to zoom in a bit to see them.)

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Digital_Reality

If it was rush hour traffic, why couldn't you have snapped a pic? Or is your rush hour traffic not like ours in Pittsburgh where you are barely moving for miles? If you really saw this, then it can't be a lens flare....No??

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I haven't seen that effect before, and there doesn't seem to be all that much light for lens flare in any of the pictures. The picture with the cross seems to have the object/effect cut at the cloud level as if half in and half out of the cloud cover, and so if real, it is not small, but then that picture is the brightest and the best candidate for a lens flare, and there is also some shading to pink in that area of the picture.

The only thing I can think of that remotely resembles the object, is an illuminated Buxus Ball...but then they are green!
edit on 19-2-2015 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   

i think the pic with it slightly obscured by the tree rules out lens flare - i'd be interested to see some expert photographic analysis

and the sun and moon appear about the same size, so that would rule the moon out

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: aynock

At first glance, this was a passing "meh, that's interesting", but after noticing the link to the video in the comments, then seeing the tiny dots in the orb, and presumably from a completely different source, I'd say it really interesting. As with most amazing things here, there is probably some rational explanation, but until a good one comes along, I vote this is something that needs further investigation.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Taking pictures of the sun will in 99.9 % of times create a lensflare.

The type of lens flare will differ from camera to camera and the angle of the picture taken, a little dirt will produce even more different lens flares.

She didn't see it in the sky, only on the pic's. and according to her only when she zoomed.

Every time she zoomed in, the strange bright spots appeared in the image.

It's a lens flare, the dots means nothing.

edit on 19-2-2015 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Would the object being a true UFO be considered "rational"?

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Digital_Reality

Well if you saw it with the naked eye, it sure can't be a lens flare like some of these debunkers are saying. Lens flares don't have lighted dots on them.

+6 more 
posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Those are without any doubt lens flares:

For technical explanation, see "lens flares" in analysis methodology here.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mianeye

It's a lens flare, the dots means nothing.

It sometimes means "have a nice day".

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join