It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just....pissed off at my body

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I have Tennis elbow, and I don't even play tennis. It's just from work, and I have been on anti-inflammatories for three weeks, arm in a brace, and now it is happeninng in the other arm because I have been doing everything with the left arm/hand at work.

I am just so pissed. I have to stop working for a while, I just can't perform anymore. This is France, so I'll continue to get paid, and my doctor has been trying to get me to stop for a while, but I know my boss won't feel he can count on me anymore.

Maybe I am just a typical Capricorn, but so much of my self esteem comes through work, this just crushes me. I am crying like a baby. I am sure they won't keep me once my current contract is up. I am too old- 47 must be too old for such physical work (I am a cook). I just want to scream...and punch a pillow....but I can't. So there's my rant. I want to scream # you at my own body.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

I SO know how it is to be pissed at your body! And I've had tennis elbow, too! I looked up exercises for tennis elbow and did them religiously and it worked great!

Fortunately, you live in a country where you'll get paid while off work. Good luck to you!

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 09:02 AM
link   

I don't have any personal experience with the condition.
This guy seems to. If you have strong hands and have let your fore arms get weak it could be easily correctable.

Get some pH strips and make sure your system isn't acidic. That should generally help inflammation. Good luck

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Surely there is a medical procedure to help or cure that condition?
Google is your friend.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I get that every now and then.

I done it lifting weights when i was younger.

Really pisses me off how my elbow still randomly starts aching.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Think yourself lucky.... I have just been reading a thread on a different forum with a very similar title -

The guy was depressed because he was fat, ugly, deformed face, tiny penis - he was seriously down with no self esteem. There's thousands of people out there in horrible situations.

So your tennis elbow... not so bad really is it?

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I feel for you and understand what you're saying. People have a lot invested in who they are at work so that is difficult to not do. It sounds like the bigger problem is fear of losing your job if you take time off. That does happen of course, not always but it can.

Possibly you can help your boss in different ways? Help at the front of the restaurant greet and seat people? Take orders, some very light duties for your elbows to heal. You can just tell your boss that you will come in and he has to find some light work for you to do. Review the menu and update some dishes to modernize the offerings? Review the restaurant or kitchen layout for some improvements later?

Good Luck and hang in there! Tennis elbow gets better with careful injury management. Your not old and your not finished!

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   
After a botched broken wrist op my arm was in a cast and sling for 4 months, I was diagnosed as having tennis elbow and it also messed up my shoulder.

I wasn't allowed time off work, even with a doctors cert, I didn't want any but even hospital appointments weren't allowed.

I got to my desk everyday and learned to type with one hand and write with my right hand again, whilst in pain as I refused the tramadol /codeine I was given by the hundreds from the hospital.

I guess being a chef requires using two hands more than sitting at a computer.

I found strengthening and pilates type exercises helped. It still hurts sometimes, and locks into place when holding a shopping basket but better than it was.
edit on 19-2-2015 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   

I have a list of complex medical conditions and I wish I only had tennis elbow.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   

This is France, so I'll continue to get paid, and my doctor has been trying to get me to stop for a while, but I know my boss won't feel he can count on me anymore.

...and most Amerian"s think we have it better here.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I have a lot of joint pains also. I fix train cars. Lots of hammers in my life. Maybe try tommy copper elbow braces. I use them for my knees. I want the compression shirt too. Therepy style workouts seem to be the only thing that truely helps, when I stick to them. Good luck.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Bluesma,

Have you tried to get some sort of physiotherapy for your arms? Normally something like tennis elbow can be corrected or mitigated by a comprehensive course of physiotherapy, and they can teach you methods of working out the kinks for yourself when you go to those sessions.

I used to play a bit of cricket, and between my shoulder blades and my wrists, there was an awful lot of ache. I usually got rid of that sort of pain by way of hot, herbal baths myself, but when my back started playing me up, I went to the doctors office, and he sent me to the hospital to get some physio work done. In actual fact the fellow who treated me was the brother of a formerly famous footballer, and a bloody good egg to boot! He showed me several unique techniques for getting my lumbar region to behave itself.

I barely ever get a twinge any more, because I do the excersizes every morning.

But...

You cannot live a life based on work. Work is what you do to make life possible, not the other way around. Remember that, and whether you go back to work after healing your wounds, or not, you might cope with the internal struggle a little better.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   
My cure for tennis elbow was a compression bandge and use of a tens machine. It's curable.

Regards

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I m back in hospital, after I sneezed on Tuesday and broke the stitches holding a surgical wound together in my head holding the dura covering the brain together, I had a lumber punchture and I'm now hooked up to a drip line connected through a tube in my back, draining cerebrospinal fluid fluid into a drip bag. I've got to stay in hospital for another 5 days until the swelling goes down. I was only in the same hospital 2 weeks ago having brain surgery. The same hospital, where only last year I was at,after having a stroke. I'm pissing into cardboard bottles and being pumped with anti sickness and pain relief medication. Ironically the view from my hospital bedroom window is a grave yard. I hope your elbow gets better soon.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar and Chaga mushroom extract go a long way to help with inflammation issues which are a symptom to something else going on.......You may have fungal issues affecting your joints...i dealt with similar issues in my knees for a good 2 year period...I was pretty acidic and needed to get the pH back up there..much better these days

Just know that for a lot of things in life...What is done can be undone

Wish you the best and God bless ya.......a reply to: Bluesma

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr
Oh Dear. I'm so sorry. You must be pissed off too. I probably would be. You must practice a kinder, gentler sneeze.
Please take care and I'm so sorry to hear you are so sick. Sending my warmest thoughts and hopes your way. Take care.

Bluesma: I've had Tennis Elbow too. Hurts like hell, and I can tell you how long it took mine to heal: 16 weeks.
And it flared up once in while (every few years after I had it) ---- but not any longer.

DON"T USE IT. only way. Sorry.
Take care.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

Eeek! Just don't dare try the Japanese way! lol!

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Let's get down to basics.......YOU ARE WHAT YOU EAT!! Sugar causes inflammation. How many things do you eat that have processed sugar in them??

Google the Paleo diet and stop eating the crap that is causing the inflammation. I've done it and it changed my life. I'm 46 with 2 bad shoulders or should I say 2 ex-bad shoulders. Of course it will be one of the most difficult things you will ever accomplish in your life (I mean who doesn't love sugar, bread, pasta, rice, etc).......but if you truly want to keep your job and relieve the pain, it's worth a shot. The best part is no more Monsanto corn or altered wheat that our bodies can not digest properly.

Whole30 is a program you can do that tells you exactly what to eat for breakfast/lunch/dinner for 30 days. After 2 weeks, you'll wonder why you never did this sooner.

Good luck!!

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Oh thanks everyone, for words of support, treatment ideas, and even personal stories...... I guess things could be worse, and I ashamed of my whining.

I think the subject of my work and whether I can continue doing it is bothering me the most. I like what I do, but more and more find the physical demands a bit much for me. I am also having to face my own judgements I've made of others, who took time off for ailments, and I suspected it was just BS to avoid work and get paid anyway.
Judge and ye shall be judged.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Just....pissed off at my body

Oh boy do I understand that feeling! I hate this diseased body so much that I told my husband I want to be cremated TWICE just to get even with it. Burn it and burn it again. ARGH!

<<   2 >>

join