It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tiny Cats in Jars in New York OUTRAGE in New York SHOCK

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I read somewhere, the name of the publication deserts me. But the general gist of the article was an account of a dispicable rogue who actually raised cats in Jam Jars, he places them in there shortly after birth and then procedes to raise them in there and they can never leave as they grow and are trapped. This vile creature then used growth hormones to stunt the growth of these wonderfull feline quadrapeds. As a regualr contributer to the RSPCA and a registered member of the Green Party I am shocked and appalled that such a practice can be allowed in the US. I emplore you put a stop to this evil animal abuse, a kitten isnt for a jar it's for life...a life to live.

Please voice your support for this noble cause. I will endevour to find the source of this story and post a hyperlink forthwith.

"If one walks forward far enough one shall ultimatly walk into the back of ones own head"
Aristopoles

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Im in the ny area can you give me any more info on this? pictures? a location and maybe how long ago this was taken place or if its still going on this would be helfull.

[edit on 16-12-2004 by ShadowMan]

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 08:24 PM
link   
There was this thing called "Bonsai Kittens". It was later to be proved a hoax. Is
THIS what you are talking about?

Bonsai Kittens (Remember, it's all fake!)

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Yeah thats probly what he was talking about curme.. i have contacts with the nyc aspca if this was still going on

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I am well aware the afor mentioned fraudulant article but I asure you the most sincere grace of god that the story I uncoverered is quite genuine, I will redouble my efforts to find the relevent story post haste. I shall look for a map of New York now and identify the rogue area in question.

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 08:31 PM
link   
one more question why is this thread in this topic??

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I have surveyed my home atlas and I belive the area in question is Jersey, I vaguely recall a name of which the specifics desert me. It may have been Lindham or Limpton along those lines

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Well if its in Jersey then its not in nyc but i can still try to contact some of my friends who can get in touch with Jerseys aspca i need a actual location if you have one.

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 08:36 PM
link   

That doesn't look fake and is one of the cruelest things I have ever seen.

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 08:44 PM
link   
and WHY would they do this???

are small cats better???

hmmm...

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 08:50 PM
link   
The pictue above is truly shocking, but it shows a cat in a bowl. The fiend to whom I refer is using JAM JARS. This indeed a far greater crime but I share your disgust of this morally explosive bowl based bomb of outrage.

"If one walks backwards long enough one shall ultimatly meet oneself traveling the other way, as one is walking backwards one must concede to ones walking forward as that one is the one in the right direction"

Aristopoles

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Autonomous Andy
I am well aware the afor mentioned fraudulant article but I asure you the most sincere grace of god that the story I uncoverered is quite genuine, I will redouble my efforts to find the relevent story post haste.

So you're aware of the old joke site bonsai kittens and the absolutley ridiculous chain mails of "outrage" that resulted and the pleas of humane societies to STOP WRITING THEM about it, but you swear this time it's real?

< br />
Are you sure?

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Bonsai kittens are not real. Nobody is making bonsai kittens. Nobody is selling equipment to help people make bonsai kittens. The Bonsai Kitten web site is a joke, not an actual promotion for the making of bonsai kittens. Investigations by law enforcement agencies, including the FBI, have already determined no real cats were harmed in the creation of the pictures used on the Bonsai Kitten web site. I guess its case closed

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Locking thread...

People, this is a hoax!

The picture of the cat you posted is just a cat lying down and the owner put a bowl over the critter and took a photo. When photo is over, cat is released.

It's the same with all the other photos-- somebody's pet cat gets invited to pose with a bottle of some sort and then cat is let go. Some photoshopping was done. None of the cats live in bottles.

Here is the Snopes (Urban legends site) debunking of it:
www.snopes2.com...

And Nerdherd says it's a hoax:
www.nerdherd.com...

And a newspaper (says it's a hoax)
www.the-week.com...

...and so on and so on and so on.

And the "superglue swelling" -- that, guys, is how you tell a Boy Kitty from a Girl Kitty. If it's a boy kitty, it has those bumps. If it's a girl kitty, it doesn't.

Thread closed.

[edit on 16-12-2004 by Byrd]

top topics

join