It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In Israel, biracial German author probes her Nazi heritage

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 08:27 AM
link   

JERUSALEM (AP) — When Jennifer Teege stumbled upon a book in a Hamburg library seven years ago, the biracial German woman who was given up for adoption as a child was stunned to discover a deep family secret that shook her to the core.

Her maternal grandfather was the brutal SS Commander Amon Goeth, who ran a concentration camp in Plaszow, Poland, in World War II and whose cruelty was so chillingly portrayed by actor Ralph Fiennes in the 1993 Oscar-winning movie "Schindler's List."

"It really turned my world upside down," said Teege, who has written a memoir about her soul-searching experience entitled "My Grandfather Would Have Shot Me" — a reference to the Nazis' racist ideology.

In Israel, her story resonates on many levels. The country is home to the world's largest community of Holocaust survivors. It is also the place where Teege lived as a student for several years, became fluent in Hebrew and first saw Steven Spielberg's epic movie — long before she knew the dark secret of her origins.

Discovering that she traced her lineage to a man described as "the symbol of evil" sent Teege into intensive psychotherapy. Her therapist broke down in tears when he heard her tale, she said.

"It was very difficult for me to deal with this because I have a very unique relationship to Israel and with the Jewish people," said the 44-year-old Teege, now a mother of two. She spoke to The Associated Press on the sidelines of the Jerusalem International Book Fair that showcased her book's Hebrew edition. An English version is coming out in April.

Goeth was notorious for shooting Jewish inmates for sport at the concentration camp in Plaszow, a Krakow suburb, and for getting his dogs to attack them. The German industrialist Oskar Schindler saved more than 1,200 Jews by bribing Goeth and other Nazis to have them work in his factories rather than be sent for extermination in death camps.
news.yahoo.com...

Klki for more:
This is among the reasons why the Sins Of The Fathers must not be visited upon the Sons, one simply cannot choose one's ancestors, I'd like to think all my ancestors were heroic with a deep sense of morality, but I am certain that the math may reveal, Mass murderers, whores, slavers, thieves,drunken wive beaters as well as all the good qualities I think makes a person a decent person, one can only be accountable for one's own actions..Just a human interest story and something to ponder.
edit on 19-2-2015 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: theultimatebelgianjoke
a reply to: Spider879

In the same way :
DNA tests reveal Hitler's Jewish and African roots

True, something about primates are especially vicious and humans the most vicious of the lot , but we are not alone , the following vid make me think that those scientist who opposed announcing our presence to potential aliens is a tad foolish, might have a point and the Steven Greers of the world might be wrong.

Is this^^^ the universe on a micro level??

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: theultimatebelgianjoke

whut?! Hitler was a splendid specimen and obvious showpiece of the aryan race: blonde, tall, majestic...... Uhm... Yeah, just... forget about that.

Maybe the cameras in that time lied a lot while taking pictures - making people smaller, and dark haired, and just looking more like an angry mole or something.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope
a reply to: theultimatebelgianjoke

whut?! Hitler was a splendid specimen and obvious showpiece of the aryan race: blonde, tall, majestic...... Uhm... Yeah, just... forget about that.

Maybe the cameras in that time lied a lot while taking pictures - making people smaller, and dark haired, and just looking more like an angry mole or something.

And just as absurd not one of those tall Blondes said to him ..Duuude!! you got a rad tan how about chill with that Aryan stuff and lets grab a board and catch some waves.

top topics

join