It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISIS and you

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Marxism is not Communism.
Do you need me to repeat it again?

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Communist League

During the decade of the 1840s the word "communist" came into general use to describe those who hailed the left wing of the Jacobin Club of the French Revolution as their ideological forefathers. This political tendency saw itself as egalitarian inheritors of the 1795 Conspiracy of Equals headed by Gracchus Babeuf. The sans-culottes of Paris which had decades earlier been the base of support for Babeuf — artisans, journeymen, and the urban unemployed — was seen as a potential foundation for a new social system based upon the modern machine production of the day.

The French thinker Étienne Cabet inspired the imagination with a novel about a utopian society based upon communal machine production, Voyage en Icarie (1839). The revolutionary Louis Auguste Blanqui argued in favor of an elite organising the overwhelming majority of the population against the "rich," seizing the government in a coup d'état, and instituting a new egalitarian economic order.

One group of Germans in Paris, headed by Karl Schapper, organised themselves in the form of a secret society known as the League of the Just (Bund der Gerechten) and participated in a May 1839 rebellion in Paris in an effort to establish a "Social Republic." Following its failure the organisation relocated its centre to London, while also maintaining local organisations in Zürich and Paris.

Revolution was in the air across many of the monarchies of Europe.

Marxism

Marxism is a worldview and method of societal analysis that focuses on class relations and societal conflict, that uses a materialist interpretation of historical development, and a dialectical view of social transformation. Marxist methodology uses economic and sociopolitical inquiry and applies that to the critique and analysis of the development of capitalism and the role of class struggle in systemic economic change.

In the mid-to-late 19th century, the intellectual tenets of Marxism were inspired by two German philosophers: Karl Marx and Friedrich Engels. Marxist analyses and methodologies have influenced multiple political ideologies and social movements. Marxism encompasses an economic theory, a sociological theory, a philosophical method, and a revolutionary view of social change.[1]

There is no single definitive Marxist theory; Marxist analysis has been applied to diverse subjects and has been misconceived and modified during the course of its development, resulting in numerous and sometimes contradictory theories that fall under the rubric of Marxism or Marxian analysis

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

You know we're whistling down a well, yes?

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

Marxism is not Communism.
Do you need me to repeat it again?

Maybe show some comparison to Marx and to Jesus.

The claim is yours.

And it might be interesting.

Are you afraid?

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Nope, I'm bored with the political baiting and trolling and ignorance and misrepresentation. All the time I've been on here, I've NEVER seen you concede a point. Why should I?

You exist solely to bash the POTUS - it's what gets you up every morning. I despise your avatar AND your Limbaugh-esque signature. Obama is not a Marxist. NOR is he a Muslim.

Jesus (if we are to believe *cough* he even existed) was very much about sharing with those in need and avoiding opulence and wealth. Avoiding violence, greed, corruption, and exploitation.
If you don't know that, it's not for lack of people trying to show you, or lack of access to the material readily available to you.

Your incessant bleating against anything not "Capitalism" and not "Republican" makes me tired.
The US is the new Roman Empire. It is doomed unless it CHANGES.
And that includes you, my friend. (lol! I had to retype that last word twice. First it came out "fiend", and then "fried.")

edit on 2/20/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

yes.

sigh.

At least we know what real research and history have shown us. What's that quote?
“First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, and then you win.” ― Ghandi

And that other one?
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." - Arthur Schopenhauer

But thanks for reminding me. And asking.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   

There are many, many more verses in the Christian scriptures [than the ones listed prior to this excerpt] that speak to economic and social justice issues. Jesus actually speaks more about social justice than he does about salvation. In fact, most of the time Jesus is speaking about heaven, he is talking to the outcasts or marginalized in society. When he is talking about eternal damnation, he is generally speaking to the rich and powerful.

So like I said prior to the above list, it seems to me that it is capitalism, not Marxism that is incompatible with Christianity.
: by the Reverend Paul White

CLICK HERE: Marx, Jesus, and Capitalism for the rest of his essay. Unless you're 'afraid'.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Well that's an excellent deflection indeed.

All that for naught.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Read my last post. Read the linked article. The Rev Paul White.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Nothing is quoting Marx or Jesus.

We need some side by side actual quotes from both for comparison.

Interesting concept, but it looks like it's all just sloppy opinions.

The Marx writings should be readily available?

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Read the articles, and go from there. Plenty of links to other materials AS WELL AS 'bible verses' which indeed, DO quote Jesus.
You are wasting my time.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

Read the articles, and go from there. Plenty of links to other materials AS WELL AS 'bible verses' which indeed, DO quote Jesus.
You are wasting my time.

But no direct Marx material.

Strange.

Oh well.

edit on Feb-20-2015 by xuenchen because: [_O[_

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Xuenchen, you provided a link above to a butchered portion of The Communist Manifesto.

Would you tell us, as a straightforward matter, if you're read any of Marx's actual work, or any Marxist theory?

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Text - The Communist Manifesto

CM=Communist Manifesto
JC=Jesus Christ

CM

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of class struggles.

Freeman and slave, patrician and plebeian, lord and serf, guild-master and journeyman, in a word, oppressor and oppressed, stood in constant opposition to one another, carried on an uninterrupted, now hidden, now open fight, a fight that each time ended, either in a revolutionary reconstitution of society at large, or in the common ruin of the contending classes.

JC

There was a rich man who was clothed in purple and fine linen and who feasted sumptuously every day. And at his gate was laid a poor man named Lazarus, covered with sores, who desired to be fed with what fell from the rich man's table. Moreover, even the dogs came and licked his sores. The poor man died and was carried by the angels to Abraham's side. The rich man also died and was buried, and in Hades, being in torment, he lifted up his eyes and saw Abraham far off and Lazarus at his side. (Luke 16:19-31)

But woe to you who are rich, for you have received your consolation.(Luke 6:24)

And he sat down opposite the treasury and watched the people putting money into the offering box. Many rich people put in large sums. And a poor widow came and put in two small copper coins, which make a penny. And he called his disciples to him and said to them, “Truly, I say to you, this poor widow has put in more than all those who are contributing to the offering box. For they all contributed out of their abundance, but she out of her poverty has put in everything she had, all she had to live on. (Mark 12:41-44)

CM

The modern labourer, on the contrary, instead of rising with the process of industry, sinks deeper and deeper below the conditions of existence of his own class. He becomes a pauper, and pauperism develops more rapidly than population and wealth.

JC

For whoever has will be given more, and they will have an abundance. Whoever does not have, even what they have will be taken from them. (Matthew 25:29)

CM

You are horrified at our intending to do away with private property. But in your existing society, private property is already done away with for nine-tenths of the population; its existence for the few is solely due to its non-existence in the hands of those nine-tenths. You reproach us, therefore, with intending to do away with a form of property, the necessary condition for whose existence is the non-existence of any property for the immense majority of society.

JC

Jesus answered, "If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me."(Matthew 19:21)

CM

Abolition of the family! Even the most radical flare up at this infamous proposal of the Communists.

JC

25 Many people were traveling with Jesus. He said to them, 26 “If you come to me but will not leave your family, you cannot be my follower. You must love me more than your father, mother, wife, children, brothers, and sisters—even more than your own life! (Luke 14:25-26)

edit on 20Fri, 20 Feb 2015 20:25:24 -060015p082015266 by Gryphon66 because: Small correction

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Marx - A Contribution to the Critique of Hegel’s Philosophy of Right:

Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions.

Jesus - Matthew 23:27

Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You are like whitewashed tombs, which look beautiful on the outside but on the inside are full of the bones of the dead and everything unclean.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Not the words of Jesus, but the actions of Jesus' early followers:

33 And with great power gave the apostles witness of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus: and great grace was upon them all. 34 Neither was there any among them that lacked: for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the prices of the things that were sold, 35 And laid them down at the apostles’ feet: and distribution was made unto every man according as he had need. (Acts of the Apostles 4:33-35)

Marx - Critique of the Gotha Program

In a higher phase of communist society, after the enslaving subordination of the individual to the division of labor, and therewith also the antithesis between mental and physical labor, has vanished; after labor has become not only a means of life but life's prime want; after the productive forces have also increased with the all-around development of the individual, and all the springs of co-operative wealth flow more abundantly—only then can the narrow horizon of bourgeois right be crossed in its entirety and society inscribe on its banners: From each according to his ability, to each according to his need.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   
i like the idea of sharing communities, but that's never been the case in applied marxism. there's always a hand full of super super rich at the top, sucking the life out of everyone else. and that situation is almost always preceeded by slaughter of people, often the middle and poor classes. this is also punctuated by racial conflict, which adds racism to the list of jealousy, murder and theft.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Thanks for the comparisons.

That's what I was looking for.

I will study and comment later.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 10:37 PM
link   
i think this lady is on to something. i'm not sure how it would work, as those who want to control everything, would lose that control. but the idea is based on free energy.
here's a video snippet about it

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join