It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eviction

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Yeah, that is for sure. I know better than most. I would rather be in the desert. One winter i almost froze to death. -45f without the wind chill. Was a kid working at a restaurant as a cook. Polyester pants and shirt. Wing tip shoes. no glove, hat, thin leather jacket. Car broke down. -45f without windchill is still freezing in a broke down car. I walked 4 hours. Almost wished for death. Ready to sleep in a snowbank. Keeping moving to keep blood pumping was the only reason i am still here. No frostbite at all. Same year my brother died in the desert from exposure. Weird. a reply to: Darkblade71

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: roth1

Sorry about your brother, and yeah, weird.

I know about the temps.
Grew up in Duluth. Used to walk all over the place in -30's with a wind off of the lake, it was friggin brutal...lol
Last year though was the worst.

Imagine snowblowing an entire apt complex in 40 mph winds and -75 (with windchill) and -40 without.
That was rough, am surprised I didn't lose any fingertips. and it was like that almost all winter...crazy.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Yeah it is brutal up here sometimes for sure. This was in 88 lol Shows my age. a reply to: Darkblade71

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Yeah, I was a leather jacket wearing long haired metal head in the 80's myself...lol
edit on 19-2-2015 by Darkblade71 because: almost used the word punk to describe myself *slap*

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Yes at least i had long thick hair. lol a reply to: Darkblade71

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   
So you show your age location and disposition as well. lol. So i know you heard about my brothers situation. Remember it or not, i don't know. It was a main story on the news for months. Care to look it up? Lance Corporal Jason Jay Rother. You can read get the propaganda. Then i can tell you the truth about how he was executed by the marines he served with if you like. Proof gov lies and news just wants headlines, but won't rock the boat. I was the one with the story and not the one to tell it. Just other family emotional BS. It's all over the net if you search. I think everything i ever posted has been deleted. Every marine knows the story now. Just not the truth. They use it for training.a reply to: Darkblade71

edit on 19-2-2015 by roth1 because: Added last comment..

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Wow, no, I had never heard about this!

Jason Rother (July 16, 1969 – August 31, 1988) was a 19 year-old United States Marine Corps Lance Corporal who was abandoned in the harsh Mojave desert during a training exercise and died from dehydration and exposure. His death is now commonly used as a lesson taught to members of the military about the importance of accountability and responsibility.

en.wikipedia.org...

You know, just from what little I read, it sounds like this is a thread worthy subject all to itself.
Maybe you should start a thread over it.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Thing is he was not the only one to die in his unit from exposure. Because he spoke up about it. An accident was arranged. I know because we had a talk before it happened. When he was first missing a buddy called the house and i answered. He said he was missing and they did nothing. Said he was accounted for, because a slip to check out his gun was in the slot. That is just part of it. A lot more wrong doing. Good thing is the mandate we did for desert training and accountability in the law suit. Bad thing is they depict it differently. Good thing this all happened before all the middle east crap. Without the law suite, they would have been ill equipt in training in the desert. a reply to: Darkblade71

top topics

<< 1   >>

join