It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is ATS accusing it's members of being Russian shills?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 02:44 AM
link   
a reply to: SubTruth

Proof really is in the pudding and just like the influx of poster when the Health care debate in the US was going I noticed a influx of new pro-Russia posters when Ukraine was invaded. Maybe if it walks like a duck and quakes like a duck it might actually be a........Duck.

Maybe..but you didn't see anything odd in the absurd number of "anti-Russian" threads over the last year? At least one or two a day. As you said, if it walks like a duck...

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Even when ATS is expanding its business on Twitter the most important thing still seems to be to get some one sided political view crammed in there.

On what bases are these featured threads and member qoutes picked to appear on Twitter anyway?

I advise ATS to be more objective.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 02:49 AM
link   
I think its important to not accuse each other of being shills for having an opposing view. Often if people cant discuss a topic in a logical manner they then go straight to name calling, followed by flamming, then comes the derailing. Just remember the golden rule when posting do onto others.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 02:51 AM
link   
a reply to: sosobad

I do agree if it is open and fair then a shill is a shill is a shill...no matter what side they are taking and should be treated s such...I promote Russian thoughts on many things...I am yes....heaven forbid...anti American government...and anti SOR(State Of Rothschild's)....I am not a Russian supporter...but I don't think the Russians are the bad guys right now...the bad guys are USA/Saudi Arabia/SOR.

So just because public opinion is shifting towards Russia right now....people really should be asking the reasons why.

People are waking up to the sharade being played by the aforementioned wicked threesome....as they divide and conquer nations with absolute disregard for the millions that will be killed as they seek to set up their world fiefdom.

edit on 022828p://f52Thursday by plube because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 03:10 AM
link   
I think this is a much wider issue than just ATS.
Yes, there are some posters on here who, from the outset of the troubles in Ukraine, have been pushing the same themes of multiple Russian Invasions, over and over again. They post multiple links to back up their assertions too, but the links all parrot the same story that can often be attributed and traced back to the same source.
That leads on to another point, that of the mainstream media also parroting a certain issue and press release, taken from other MSM sources. It gets repeated many times but never fact checked or backed up with anything of substance.

The whole "shill" thing is nothing more than name calling and trolling. It's right up there with the climate change "deniers" and "anti-semite" labels. These things are used as a way to stifle open discussion when the other party knows they are on losing argument, but will still keep pushing the same line. It's either just stubborn and blinkered behavior or maybe it really is the work of someone deliberately pushing the "official" line.

That is one thing that has struck me over time. For a site that, from the outset was created to discuss "conspiracy theories" and alternative stories to those put out by the MSM (or deliberately buried), there are some who do seem to push the MSM / Government narrative all the time.

I never revert to the name calling, it's pointless and only encourages the suspect posters and trolls.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 03:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Flatcoat

Maybe..but you didn't see anything odd in the absurd number of "anti-Russian" threads over the last year? At least one or two a day. As you said, if it walks like a duck...

And I don't see you having a problem with the rash of anti west/US threads we have had...why is that?

And for the OP...how many times has someone been called a shill because they post against the crap the Russian gov't has been doing as of late?

Goes both ways.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 03:15 AM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

And I don't see you having a problem with the rash of anti west/US threads we have had...why is that?

One reason could be that they aren't as frequent, aren't as contrived and don't involve the same 5 guys on the anti Russia side, again and again and again.

Welcome btw.

And for the OP...how many times has someone been called a shill because they post against the crap the Russian gov't has been doing as of late? Goes both ways.

The difference is that you will not see ATS staff calling anti russian posters shills.
edit on 19-2-2015 by RustyHook because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 03:18 AM
link   
a reply to: plube

.I am yes....heaven forbid...anti American government...and anti SOR(State Of Rothschild's)....I am not a Russian supporter...but I don't think the Russians are the bad guys right now...the bad guys are USA/Saudi Arabia/SOR

This I'd my stance also but I have been called shill, Russian shill, told my vernacular is slipping, Russophile, Putin lover, putinista etc without so much as an eyelid batted. Now ATS is also using Putin lovers term and going so far as to say there is shills from an online army operating posting. I wanted clarification as to was this a blanket statement against those who don't hold the pro western view or as they said

we've found that a good many of the "Putin Lovers" are online agents paid to influence social conversations.

Where?
edit on 19-2-2015 by sosobad because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 03:26 AM
link   
ATS has lost all credibility now,I saw those comments and it's frankly just following the board line in smearing Russia daily and modding the truth

I come here for the truth,information before it hits the MSN not anti Russian propaganda

It's getting beyond a joke in here when the anti Russians post baseless lies and keep repeating the mantra Russia has invaded Ukraine or Putin is Hitler

After the western war on terror with Uncle Sam leading the way and coalition following blindly like lapdogs in Afghanistan and Iraq or NATO forces from France and UK bombing a way for rebel victory Libya we know the bad guys are us

Look at the results of what we have achieved,nothing but financial gains for the string pullers and another terror group ISIS who seem to be able to operate freely including selling oil:-/

General Clarke was right,but the patriots in the states who have pushed this old guard removal in the Middle East foolishly assumed they would be welcomed with flowers when they bomb and occupy countries:-/

Crazy! Shows you their blind vision and lack of clear thinking when as an aggressor they think there still the good guys

Still old west mentality while they send other peoples children to kill other peoples children

Syria is the next on the Clarke list and the endgame will be Iran but this board chooses to ignore that and instead smears Russia as constant war mongers

Has ATS been pushed into this anti Russian agenda?

I saw one site owner say they get emails from people in other countries trying to buy secret technology I'm sure the intel services know about this

Will conspiracy sites be shut down in future if they don't follow the western script?

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Probably because the ratio is about 20:1.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 03:42 AM
link   

I agree with you...because I myself have done threads the are critical of certain states....and in those threads there is heated debate...but conspiracy alone is one of those things we must not bring up at dinner....you know,along with religion and politics.
I honestly think Israel...then the USA get the most abuse....but IMHO.....they bloody well should....but trust me...would I like to live under Russia's roof...or Chinas implacable domain....truely not...but I see the USA going down that road as we speak....all thanks to Zionists scum.....but hey..each to their own.

"can't we all just, GET ALONG"

You know like human beings....

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Really, OP? I hate to break it to you but there ARE paid shills on all sides of the fence. When this BS started in Ukraine, there were OBVIOUS paid shills from Russia posting propaganda, they all signed up just when that # went down, and they all posted the same BS from the same Russian sources.

Anyone who thinks Russia is less corrupt than the U.S. is a complete moron, and anyone who thinks they don't use the exact same tactics as the idiots at the top in the U.S. propaganda ministry is equally moronic and really should learn more about Russia.

Personally, as an objective member of ATS, who has researched extensively the corruption within the U.S. govt, I am so sick of these posters on ATS who act as though Russia is somehow better, and Putin is just some innocent peacemaker that the world needs right now. Russia and Putin are the farthest things from butterflies and faries, and people need to start getting a clue, paid or not.

Yes, paid Russian shills exist, yes ATS has the right to point this fact out. IMO, this thread is pointless and only serves to put Russia on some fantasy based pedestal, while putting ATS in the crapper. If you don't like the opinions shared by the ownership, or from people posting on ATS regarding Russia, then go to another website. Solved.
edit on 19-2-2015 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 03:47 AM
link   

And for the OP...how many times has someone been called a shill because they post against the crap the Russian gov't has been doing as of late?

It does but is ATS promoting that idea like it is with the Russian shill accusations? If you think there is a problem with it make a thread about it, I am asking a specific question about something that happened.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Well,all I can say is this,though not specific in the wording,the tweeter makes it sound like it is ATS members they are talking about.And all I can say as a person that has looked at both sides and FEARS what my government is both capable of and is doing,and has done in the past,that yes i do tend to side with Russia at this time. I never did before,but when I saw Ukraine blow up,I changed my mind. Now as far as getting paid for my opinions? I WISH I WAS PAID. I could sure use the money having been put out of work by a disability. But I guess in the big scheme of things,my opinions aren't that important to the governments.

If ATS does not want to hear from the 'other side'. Then they should not use the saying of 'deny ignorance' as a motto,and should tell those of us with opinions other than what they want to piss off. I'll be glad to take my opinions elsewhere. When I hear from ATS staff that this is the case,I'm gone.There are many other forums out there where I would be welcomed and could express myself.

I have been looking over the different posting about Ukraine and Russia and a lot of them I don't even post in anymore because I see the same people saying the same things,hate Russia they are evil,Putin is Hitler,Ukraine is just a sad little country that needs our help,blah blah blah. I don't believe not one word that comes out of kiev,anyone that does needs to wake up.They have lied repeatedly. I have never seen such complete and total liars as these people. MH 17? Wrap your head around this FACT: no matter what else you want to believe or think happened or whos side your on,this simple fact remains,Kiev was in control of that airport tower that day,that tower magically wanted that plane and only that plane to CHANGE its course into a war zone!!! No matter what,Kiev IS responsible for MH17 being shot just for that fact.

I grew up during Vietnam,and I know what our government is capable of doing,not just to other countries,but how callas they are to their own citizens. 58000 dead? No problem. Bunch of burnt up babies? Eh,whatever. Where money is concerned,they know no bounds.Anyone that thinks that our guys go to war to protect the American way of life? Well maybe they think they are,until they get in the battle field and see what war is really about. But for those saying we are going to war? Hell there is money to be made,GO FOR IT. No one has ever convinced me to this day that people in straw hats picking rice were threatening our way of life over here. That is just ridiculous.

WE ARE THE AGGRESSORS. No matter how you cut it,we are looking for war. Even undisclosed sources in the Pentagon are leaking out that they are fearful of Clinton's war hawk stances with other countries. They tried to tell her there was no intelligence about Libya that would make going to war justified.She did it anyway. She convinced Obama that it was the right thing to do. It all needs to stop. If you want to back up the good old US of A you go for it. But I'll take common sense and diplomacy anyday over more wars.killings,and destruction. Like I said,if the mods don't want my opinion,all they have to do is say the word.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Looks like it.

I have been accused of that before on ATS, just because I can see the reality of the situation.

There sure isn't anti Russian propaganda on the site no?

Ahem, that is probably more the truth of the matter.

The ''pro Russian'' (mostly pro reality) on the site are generally more balanced in their opinions and they aren't spamming threads with ''we gonna bust your ass'' redneck bully talk.

The US has never invaded anywhere or defended people?

Anyway, keeping on topic, it appears that certain ATS staff seem to think that having a non ''USA bullying is okay cos it's us'' point of view as ''pro Putin''.

Such juvenile thought processes are obvious if you read the threads, I guess you just have to ignore that aspect.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 03:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

Then why not call out both sides?

If you don't like the opinions shared from the ownership, or from people posting on ATS regarding Russia, then go to another website. Solved.

Am I not allowed to ask a question? If you read the OP you would see why. To tell someone to go somewhere else instead of asking a question is very hitleresque. You want me to keep shut if I don't agree?

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 03:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

Funny that....I posted from a Russian source...shhhhhh...pravda...I am not Russian...i am Canadian....living in foreign lands for many years now...was a very good thread...many many things covered...but there was not any real problem...as I posted earlier shills EXIST folks....we just have to get used to it...realise the difference between the propaganda spreading (PURPOSEFULLY) from ALL sides and know the difference.

Ask this question

"Are you a shill?"
Shills answer
"No"

Do we see the problem here...

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Here's the thing you need to understand. The ownership of ATS reserves the right to hold whatever position it wants, whether that position falls in line with your position is moot. If they want to call out Russian shills (Which I have validated has indeed happened) then that's their right. If you want to call out "Nazi" shills and they ban you for it, that is also their right. ATS is not a democracy, it's a privately ran website with rules of which, if you don't abide by, they can and will ban you for whatever offence you commit which is against their rules.

Because of these facts, if you don't like them, go to another website! Trying to post a thread to point out how ATS calls out Russian shills, (in a bad light) won't help your cause, nor will it change the minds of those who have personally witnessed it happen. In a nutshell? Deal with it. If you don't like it then go somewhere with your like-minded opinions. The ownership here is under no obligation to conform to your opinions.
edit on 19-2-2015 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 04:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h
a reply to: Flatcoat

Goes both ways.

I challenge you to find anti-West threads made by a Russian on an average of at least once a day...

We are from the West... We know what our Government is doing... Lying as usual...
So yes there will be anti-West threads.

We are not from Russia... We don't know what their Government is doing... People are just as easily believing Western lies as usual...
Screw it, let's post some more anti-Russia threads filled with ad hominem towards anyone who disagrees...

Does not work both ways!

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Who says Russia is better than the west?

Putin is a blind patriot who showed a complete lack of ethics and morality over Chechen civilian casualties
Russia seems behind the times when It comes to respecting gay people

They are not better than us,but myself and others here will no stand idly around and let lies flourish on this site

It's not being pro Russian it's about being pro truth

The day Russia does invade a country you will see all of us unite and condemn it untill then we will counter the western smear tactics used here and by the media

I ain't leaving ATS,by far it's the best site out there for information on any subject matter

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join