It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would The American Military Take Action ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

It will be dependent on the actions of the civilians to finally show themselves before the military steps in to help.

Those who serve and have served have done enough. Time for civilians to show whether or not they deserve the support don't you think?

I think most Vets like myself, are just patiently waiting. Why should any of us stick our necks on the chopping block when we watch our fellow citizens do nothing but contribute to the corruption?

Deserve the support? Who do you think you are?

You guys do the dirty work for lying, corrupt suits. You are their tool, used to remove anything that is in the way of increasing their wealth and power over the people. You fight based on lies and ruin more innocent lives than you save.

You are victims of politics just like the rest of us and I, speaking only for myself, do not consider you a hero.

The day the military become heroes is the day they put down their f*cking weapons and say to the men at the top "We are not fighting your wars anymore". But to do that it would take serious realisation to shake the ignorance of not knowing what you're really fighting for. I guess it's just easier to believe you're saving the world.

Why should any of us stick our necks on the chopping block when we watch our fellow citizens do nothing but contribute to the corruption?

You put your neck on the chopping block for a bunch of well dressed tyrants every day.

The key word you used there is "fellow citizens". I don't expect you to jump ahead and "put your neck on the chopping block" for me. Don't bother. We are your fellow citizens you should be here in line with us forcing the change we all want together.

The one thing I agree with you on is our complicity in the corruption. The people vote for these idiots every time knowing what they are like.

I don't vote. Never will. But that is the topic for another debate.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Would it not fall to the joint chiefs of the American military to uphold the constitution of the Untied States to protect it from domestic threats ?

Would it be compelled to take action ?

And just who was taken to task for the financial crisis?
But on the flip side:
Congress is so fractured that there is no way that all of them would 'fail to take action' if one group of people were positively identified as being guilty.
Example of how far congress wants to be involved:
Baseball and steroids. Now Now what does steroids have to do with running the government?

Lastly we have a fail safe switch for the government.
It's called the 2nd amendment.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Interesting question.

Here is my take on this.

Lets say for instance that a sworn statement is made by Bush, et al all saying that they along with rouge elements of the American military and intelligence establishment were actually behind 9/11 and framed Al-Qa'ida for the attacks.

What would happen next.

Quite simply, the world would burn, right away most of the Muslim world we be gunning for the west like never before, confidence in the American government and the national security of America would crumble and with it so would the American economy. It would change the geopolitical landscape forever.

But would the American military take action?

I doubt it, say it happened tomorrow, the first thing Obama or any sitting president would have to do would be to have all of the hypothetical criminals apprehended and go through the justice system, quickly, probably ending with Bush et al getting the chair. I do think that there may be some people in America who would then also take up arms against the Government and that its possible that some parts of the military may be sympathetic to this and get involved.

Regardless this is all a very hypothetical conversation, even if there is guilt at the feed of elements of the American government we will never know.
edit on 19-2-2015 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Silicis n Volvo

Had a long reply typed out...realized I got a bit heated so I'll leave it at... If you think we are ignorant of what we are fighting for I'm going to guess you have little to no contact with vets.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Probably not... no action would be taken, and we probably won't learn anything useful about 9/11 for another 12 years... documents are automatically declassified after 25 years now, although even then some get exempted. I bet by the time anyone learns anything for sure, no one will care enough to do anything major about it.

Secret documents 25 years old or older will lose their classified status without so much as the stroke of a pen, unless agencies have sought exemptions on the ground that the material remains secret.

Historians say the deadline, created in the Clinton administration but enforced, to the surprise of some scholars, by the secrecy-prone Bush administration, has had huge effects on public access, despite the large numbers of intelligence documents that have been exempted.

Link
edit on 19amThu, 19 Feb 2015 08:46:27 -0600kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I could only see an outcome where the military acts in the most dire of circumstances, like utter chaos and a revolution. As others have pointed out, the President is commander and chief of our armed forces, and it's not likely that a top general would break rank, again unless it was in the midst of a revolution.

I think the way this comes down, if it does, will be with some piece of evidence that wakes people up to the truth. Perhaps the missing 28 pages get released, and it starts an avalanche of questions, leading to an new independent investigation.

Clearly the power structure will do everything they have to, including more lies and deception, maybe even another false flag to distract us, to keep that from happening.

We have a long road to the truth, but we can't give up. Truth and Liberty are too important.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   

They might do that but at some point the controllers just have to put too much energy into perpetuating the ruse.

The hooks are in deep enough to just suspend elections and call it what it is. The NSA and all the other alphabet soup is in the executive branch. The POTUS is commander in chief.

Civilian LEO's are training and equipping as an occupying force. The snipers are ready for the savages. The internet as you know it can cease to exist in about 60 minutes.

It's a turn-key totalitarian state.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

That training sounds interesting. Wonder if it'll ever come to my neck of the woods. Is there a sign up sheet somewhere?

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33
This will be controversial.

If it comes out in the future that segments of the American government planned and deployed the operation on 9/11. But all domestic branches of civilian government(Senate, Congress, Presidential) of the US fail to take action. Would it not fall to the joint chiefs of the American military to uphold the constitution of the Untied States to protect it from domestic threats ?

Would it be compelled to take action ?

The states would be compelled to take action. This is why we have state governments and the federal government. The states have the ability to completely override the federal government.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join