It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would The American Military Take Action ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   
This will be controversial.

If it comes out in the future that segments of the American government planned and deployed the operation on 9/11. But all domestic branches of civilian government(Senate, Congress, Presidential) of the US fail to take action. Would it not fall to the joint chiefs of the American military to uphold the constitution of the Untied States to protect it from domestic threats ?

Would it be compelled to take action ?
edit on 18-2-2015 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

No...I don't think so. The military and Joint Chiefs commander is the President of the U.S. They would have to go solo-rogue...and I don't see that as being possible.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   

They certainly should have.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   

At that point the executive branch would just stop the theater and level with everyone. They own it.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I think that would essentially be a junta.

If the entire civilian government takes no action (which I really can't see happening: one side [party] or the other would be frothing at the mouth to attack the other, let's be honest) and the military leaders decided "Welp, it's up to us to do something" I really can't see them just rolling out to arrest people.

It would very quickly deteriorate into a junta, or something close to it. And I don't see JCS going that far with it.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

Yeah they would have a witch hunt to save themselves, so if Cheney was still alive he would be on trial for treason,to stop it from ever getting there. It would be like the French revolution on a few elites.
All the families of those who died would be screaming for heads on platters to satisfy justice.
edit on 18-2-2015 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   

If the gov at that point turned on the people with open aggression....perhaps.

More likely the scape goats would get hanged in town square and those mist responsible would not be punished or even blamed.

The big guys never get caught. It is always the underlings that have the dirt on their hands.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

Yeah they would have a witch hunt to save themselves, so if Cheney was still alive he would be on trial for treason,to stop it from ever getting there. It would be like the French revolution on a few elites.

Exactly!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Seeing how the people responsible is no longer in office the military wouldn't do anything. The people that were behind would be dead before the truth comes out so nothing will happen to anyone. Besides everyone knows what the truth is it's Obama's fault.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Can't the federal or even local police investigate and arrest?

Maybe there is more to the 'police vs the people indoctrine' than power tripping juice monkeys.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

That was my second thought. If something like that were to ever be released, it would be so long after the fact that the only way to go after anybody would be to dig them up.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   

I think the power struggle is already happening. Not speaking in Left/Right terms, but as divided as those 2 ideologies have our country frothing at the mouths dreaming of the next election, I do believe there are already covert cells working within to destroy the takeover.

The military will be the last to know, except for a few.

It will be dependent on the actions of the civilians to finally show themselves before the military steps in to help.

Those who serve and have served have done enough. Time for civilians to show whether or not they deserve the support don't you think?

I think most Vets like myself, are just patiently waiting. Why should any of us stick our necks on the chopping block when we watch our fellow citizens do nothing but contribute to the corruption?

edit on 18-2-2015 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Rome 135 B.C.E. (right before the crisis of the Roman Republic/the Tiberius Gracchus Era)?

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

I don't have enough stars for your last few comments.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

I don't have enough stars for your last few comments.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963
Why should any of us stick our necks on the chopping block when we watch our fellow citizens do nothing but contribute to the corruption?

This is generally very true.

We are so proud to live in the "free-world", yet the people ignore their part in it. I would argue this is true everywhere in the west.

Everytime a war begins - our politicians have already failed to do their job.
When it's the military's turn to act, all other civil options have failed.

Subsequently - not only our politicians - but the people (as the highest political body) aswell - have failed their obligation.
Yet they blame their soldiers.

I get it. It is much easier than to look in the mirror.
edit on 18-2-2015 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   
These questions remind me of the Honduran incident when the then leader of Honduras simply decided he wanted to rewrite his country's constitution with just his pen and power of will, to KEEP being president past his elected term.

When he did that and announced it there, the Honduras military stepped in fast and threw that bum right out on the street.

And much to the dismay of freedom loving Westerner's, Obama and Hillary stepped in and condemned the Honduran military for protecting their country against unwarranted and unauthorized tyranny.
They did this because of Obama's plans and goals of reducing America's liberty against the very same things as proven by the things, (everything) he has done since then against our own constitution.

When you have a leader who does not uphold the very values that we always have had, and when half the population is shouting O'bahhhhhhhmaaah! like sheep, and are blind to what is going on, then it would be very problematic for our military to step in and defend our freedom, like the military of Honduras did.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColCurious

originally posted by: seeker1963
Why should any of us stick our necks on the chopping block when we watch our fellow citizens do nothing but contribute to the corruption?

This is generally very true.

We are so proud to live in the "free-world", yet the people ignore their part in it. I would argue this is true everywhere in the west.

Everytime a war begins - our politicians have already failed to do their job.
When it's the military's turn to act, all other civil options have failed.

Subsequently - not only our politicians - but the people (as the highest political body) aswell - have failed their obligation.
Yet they blame their soldiers.

I get it. It is much easier than to look in the mirror.

Freedom comes at a price!

Our forefathers called it vigilance.

We failed. Including myself!

Looking in the mirror is the scariest thing one can do!!! It takes courage and the ability to say you failed. Todays society doesn't teach that. It teaches we are all winners and that those who feel wronged are victims. We need more laws to protect their feelings.

Hell no!

Why people blame the military for not stepping in to change things while promoting taking away our ability to protect ourselves, is beyond me!

Yet here we are!

I certainly don't want to think the majority of my fellow countrymen/women are cowards, but it is certainly looking that way.

Blame the military, while continuing to vote for the corruption is pure insanity!

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Man ain't that the god damned truth

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 06:20 AM
link   

I don't believe the majority are cowards, what they are is putting their family first.

Since we don't do neighborhood parties, face to face get togethers where you learn there are people with your concerns.

So you end up with people that think they are alone, and they have to wonder if they rock the boat will they lose their job...End up on the streets with their families.

Least that's my hope and opinion... Hope because if that's the problem people talking with their neighbors can help fix it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join