It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Appeasement continues as Obama lets Merkel lead and fail

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I'm with Obama on the Russian thing and as many of you know against him on his ISIS neglect.

Though Obama is NOT going to lead the world on anything, anywhere, at any time, in any place, on any subject!

He just doesn’t have the inner fire to do anything that entails complexity or risk.

He is a good Manchurian candidate

I wish he would move to Manchuria

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: noeltrotsky

originally posted by: noeltrotsky
In fact, German political leadership has lost all credibility outside of Germany

If I was from the U.S. I'd be careful to utter such statements.
Check again. It is the U.S. that is currently losing all credibility it has left.

originally posted by: noeltrotsky
She [Chancellor Merkel] fully understands Russian aggression given her history growing up in East Germany. [...] She knows it and does nothing.

Maybe you should have listened Chancellor Merkel's reply to Kerry in her speech at the MSC.

She explained exactly WHY she didn't blame anyone (including the almighty U.S.) for doing NOTHING when the Soviets build their wall in East-Germany back in 1961 - although it was a clear violation of international law.

The alternative was all-out nuclear war. We know this for a fact now.
edit on 18-2-2015 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Not off-topic, more of a summation:

Russia's leaders have again failed their people.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Time for full sanctions on all sectors of the Russian economy.
Removal from SWIFT.
Expulsion from the OSCE.
Expulsion from the European Council.
Total military support to Ukraine to stabilize and then remove Russian forces from Ukraine, including Crimea.
Suspension / expulsion from the UN.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 05:44 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Some of you wont be happy until we are in a nuclear war.
Its disgusting...

The same people were criticising JFK back during the days of Cuba for not blasting Russia to the stone age.

People with a little more brains and composure are needed in a situation like this. Sadly, majority of Americans do not fit this criteria.

Obama and Merkel are doing exactly what they need to. A tiny sliver of land in Eastern Ukraine is not worth a major war with Russia. They are doing everything they can to avoid a major war. Russia let us take Iraq, so whats the big deal about them taking a piece of Ukraine?

Relax, there will be more talks and there will be more deaths. Until Putin does something stupid like march on Kiev or send tanks into Poland or Latvia then there's no need to rush to war.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 05:50 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: PizzaAnyday505

Truth trumps popularity.

A lot of times the unpopular choice is the right choice.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: PizzaAnyday505
REMOVED BY STAFF

For the last time please stop lying and speaking for me. I have stated time and again I am anti-putin, not anti Russian.

Maybe you could refute the facts instead of attacking posters who don't agree with you?
edit on 2/19/2015 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 07:32 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 07:59 AM
link   
sigh*

yeah lets hope this doesn't all lead to peace. if east Ukraine stops being attacked how can they keep up sanctions.
edit on 19-2-2015 by AVoiceOfReason because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 07:59 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I think Merkel is doing great just as Hollande. The most important reason to appease is because if this does lead to a world war, Russia will go down in history as the aggressor and the aggressor is always evil. The west is all about talking to find solutions and is the civilized party, it is the side of Good while Russia will become the side of Evil. This is very important for the morale of any army.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 08:26 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: AVoiceOfReason
sigh*

yeah lets hope this doesn't all lead to peace. if east Ukraine stops being attacked how can they keep up sanctions.

The sanctions are in place because of the rebel / Russians actions in Crimea and east Ukraine. If hostilities cease the sanctions could remain in effect until such time pro Russian rebels / Russians withdraw from occupied Ukrainian territory OR a permanent solution is agreed upon by Kiev and the rebels / Russians.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

cool story?

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: johnnyjoe1979
I think Merkel is doing great just as Hollande. The most important reason to appease is because if this does lead to a world war, Russia will go down in history as the aggressor and the aggressor is always evil. The west is all about talking to find solutions and is the civilized party, it is the side of Good while Russia will become the side of Evil. This is very important for the morale of any army.

Excellent point and right on topic!

The Ukraine invasion has been creeping along for a year now. I agree with you that diplomacy is always the first step. How long does the West go before moving past diplomacy and ineffective sanctions? I think a year is more than enough. If something isn't done very soon Ukraine will be cut off completely from the Black Sea as Russia establishes a desperately needed land bridge to it latest province Crimea. That would turn Ukraine into a failed state I think.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   

That would turn Ukraine into a failed state I think.

It already is becoming.

With the economy going into tatters and the nationalists who are now making a silent coup, the opposite will happen.

The rest of the Ukraine are going to see the West for what it is and many in the West will see it also...lots of Ukrainians are going to beg for Russia to free them in the not so near future with where the Ukraine is heading right now.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

Strange that the hundreds of thousands of civilians being displaced by this war choose instead to flee to Russia and neighbouring countries rather than head to Western Ukraine, weird. Wonder why that would be, maybe they are all Russian spies.
edit on 19-2-2015 by Dabrazzo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

Well we agree on something! The odds of it happening grew everyday!

Ukraine was basically bankrupt before the Maiden revolution so no surprise it is barely hanging on now even with billions from the IMF and EU.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join