It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lost phone credit: the scurge of pop-up ads

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Because I use my cell phone for most of my online activities it is tricky navigating around these kind of things. I do have ad-block software activated and this works for about 95 percent of the time.

Unluckily yesterday I accidentally clicked on one of those guess the correct answer for prizes ads and was charged ten pounds ($15) from my phone credit leaving me with only 51 pence.

It's partly my fault because I have a tendency to speed click whilst scanning websites.

?Has this happened to anyone else.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Tindalos2013
Never, always careful where I click my fingers.
Unlucky, but at least it was only a tenner, could have been worse than the price of three or four pints...

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

I suspect if I had something like 30 pounds credit it would have kept on charging me. It only stopped because I got a message saying something like insurfficient credit to continue.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Tindalos2013
That wouldn't surprise me.
I use a prepay (3mobile) and buy a £15 monthly package which I convert into a 'bundle' of texts/calls/unlimited internet.
There is no way to be stung then if I keep it on zero 'cash' credit.
Lesson learned I guess, good luck in the future!

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   
This cannot happen to me.

In the USA, I use a wifi phone with free incoming and outgoing calls through Google Hangouts. I even get a free working phone number with free nationwide long distance and no call time restrictions. The device cannot connect to a cell carrier. I prefer it this way but i do have to be sure I have a wifi connection to make a call. That doesn't bother me.

It's not strictly a wifi phone but a China made 10 inch tablet with KitKat 4.4.2, a Quad Core 1.2 ghz Processor, 1 gig of system ram, 16 gigs built in storage and a 64 gig sd card for external storage and dual front and back cameras... (much better than a regular phone) It cost about 120 bucks US.

Since wifi is almost Everywhere it's easy for me to find a hotspot signal when I'm not at the house using me home wifi. If you guys are tired of these cell prices and the fact it's so easy to allow your phone to charge your account, you may want to look into something similar for your country.
edit on 18-2-2015 by JohnPhoenix because: addition

new topics

top topics

join