It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

90 year old woman's home destroyed by no knock warrant, accidentally on purpose

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   
90 yr old woman's home destroyed by a no-knock raid, police find nothing

A 90-year old’s home was destroyed by police conducting a raid but it appears they got the wrong house.

“I don’t know how the cops got in here. The noise woke me up when something said boom! Like a bomb or something,” said the 90-year old.

There was shattered glass, a busted door, and traces of a flash bang device.

Riviera Beach Police said after evidence of criminal activity, they got a search warrant.

Police searched the home with drug sniffing dogs but came up empty-handed.

Riviera Beach Police said the search warrant was executed at the correct address and while the resident may not have had any knowledge of drugs being sold from her home, it doesn’t mean it didn’t happen.

The department has since put up temporary repairs and has decided to pay for new windows and doors.

The resident is supposed to get a new door later this week – and new windows by February 28th.

Seriously, what drugs did the police think she had on her? Statins? Multivitamins? Water pills? Oh yeah man, she's got the good stuff! This no-knock crap is getting out of hand! They're lucky they didn't seriously injure her! Enough of this crap! And enough of the Supreme Court giving them so much leeway! Our own police force shouldn't be at war with us! They're supposed to be protecting us! Not trying to kill us dang it!

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   
They are soooo lucky she didn't die of fright
edit on 18-2-2015 by Iamthatbish because: predict a text totally winning

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Anyafaj

This is just tragic. I don't know what it's going to take to stop this insanity. Even with the significant public opposition, the deaths and destruction, and the clear violation of our rights, there are still some doubling-down on this dangerous behavior.

I found this earlier (from Georgia):

HB 56: How the State wants to legalize more killings of innocents by police

HB 56 is a bill designed to white-wash decades of judicial activism that enabled LEO to obtain and execute illegal search warrants, which are referred to as “no-knock warrants” in the common environment. HB 56 is a whitewash because it actually amends current law to define “no-knock warrants” where no such term currently appears, and it obliterates the existing law (OCGA 17-5-27) that prohibits warrants that allow no verbal announcement from LEO before they breach a door.

I cannot vouch for the blog; but there is a link to the text of the bill, and the text of both the current and proposed law.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I just don't understand how these "trained" officers can't seem to get the right address. My local pizza delivery driver has a better sense of direction. If a 16 year old can find the right apartment then surely the police using thousands of dollars of equipment could surely get the right house? Right? RIGHT!?!?! It's like they don't even look to check the numbers on the door they are kicking in.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980
I just don't understand how these "trained" officers can't seem to get the right address. My local pizza delivery driver has a better sense of direction. If a 16 year old can find the right apartment then surely the police using thousands of dollars of equipment could surely get the right house? Right? RIGHT!?!?! It's like they don't even look to check the numbers on the door they are kicking in.

The kicker is, the report claims allegedly wrong address, then the police say, "Oh no, we got the address right, she could have been selling drugs and may not have known it." WTF??? Seriously?? Just admit you made a mistake for crying out loud!

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iamthatbish

They would have just seen her clutching her chest and shot her until they ran out of ammunition, claiming they thought she was armed.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

Hey man, don't knock pizza deliver drivers - most of those guys know their areas better than the people that live there...no joke

Police on the other hand...judging from appearances they occasionally just draw an address out of the hat every now & then to keep it interesting...
edit on 18-2-2015 by coldkidc because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   

All to common in todays America.

What gripes my a$$ there is typically no consequence for this sort of behavior.

Any excuse LE comes up with seems to satisfy Mr. and Mrs. John Q. Public.

I'm tired of even caring anymore.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I say burn their (the cops involved in this atrocity) houses down and break their legs, or maybe just one leg, then the playing field would be even. That poor woman!

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac

originally posted by: Iamthatbish

They would have just seen her clutching her chest and shot her until they ran out of ammunition, claiming they thought she was armed.

It was dark, she had an aggressive posture, and verbally threatened them. Then she started advancing and the 21 foot rule took effect. She was coming right at them and they had no choice but to shoot.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 02:27 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 03:50 AM
link   
They get tips from paid informants, then it's full steam ahead.
Get the boys together, get all dressed up and warm the engine of the shiny MRAP troop carrier and off they go, all puffed up like their heroes in the Hollywood tripe they probably masturbate to.

No actual police work is necessary. No investigation or surveillance to back up the assertion prior to the raid, just get in there, heavy handed, toss in a flash-bang grenade or two, shoot anyone who moves and beat up anyone who questions their "authority" and it's high fives all round for a job well done. That seems to be the extent of policing these days.
If it all goes belly up and they shoot an innocent person, well it's not their fault, they were acting on solid information, weren't they?

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 04:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jhugener
Did you know nobody gives a sh*t a reply to: tom.farnhill

[/
quote] yes and that's why nothing will change .

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 04:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Britguy
They get tips from paid informants, then it's full steam ahead.
Get the boys together, get all dressed up and warm the engine of the shiny MRAP troop carrier and off they go, all puffed up like their heroes in the Hollywood tripe they probably masturbate to.

No actual police work is necessary. No investigation or surveillance to back up the assertion prior to the raid, just get in there, heavy handed, toss in a flash-bang grenade or two, shoot anyone who moves and beat up anyone who questions their "authority" and it's high fives all round for a job well done. That seems to be the extent of policing these days.
If it all goes belly up and they shoot an innocent person, well it's not their fault, they were acting on solid information, weren't they?

Over half of those dang informants are drug addicts who are looking for their next fix. They know they'll get paid regardless, so they create an address they passed by sometime in the week, who cares who lived there, they get paid, go get high, and somebody's life gets ruined in the process, cops act like heroes, claim their intel was good (HA). Very rarely do they get actual good intel. It's a BS cycle that needs to stop!

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   

I wonder how they got a warrant

paid, confidential informant?

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: acackohfcc

I wonder how they got a warrant

paid, confidential informant?

It could possibly be.

From the article....

Riviera Beach Police said after evidence of criminal activity, they got a search warrant.

It doesn't state WHAT evidence of criminal activity though. The who's, what's, why's, where's, when's or the how's. So this could be an informant, or a police mistake they don't wish to own up to.

top topics

join