It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most of you are NOT a child of God - Here is the proof.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I have thought long and hard on this subject and often thought to not write about the subject matter at hand because it will stir up many people's emotions but I believe it is now time to share. I hope we can keep this civil.

For this thread I would like to use the word Israelites also as the Jewish people. Now I know that is a touchy area but for those who are not familiar with the difference lets leave it as interchangeable.

Not everyone is a child of God and many today are not. Where is the proof?

I will attempt to do this without always quoting bible scripture. So a very short, short summary of the Torah, πεντάτευχος, "five scrolls", also known as the five books of Moses, also known as the Pentateuch, also known as the books of Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy.

So now the Summary - these books deal with the Israelites ...... forget any other tribes mentioned in the bible - the main subject of these five books concern the Israelites. God chose these people as his own children, the first being Adam. He did not choose anyone else. He called them his children. He did not call any other tribe on this planet his children.... only the Israelites. Throughout the entire Old Testament ONLY the Israelites are called his children.... no one else. Lets put Abraham on the shelf and get closer with Moses. Without argument it should be clear that God made a covenant with Moses (yes God made one with Abraham as well) but lets stick to Moses for now. The covenant made with MOses required an ark - to carry God's commandments in for his children...... his people.

So throughout the entire Old Testament God and his prophets spoke only to God's children; teaching them, rebuking them, and sometimes punished them. This entire time there is no mention of any other people who were called God's children unless people who were slaves who also took the faith of Israelites. (Lets not forget them). God demanded his children be merciful to the slave or that person who mistreated them would be punished as well ..... sometimes even death. No need to expand on the slave this thread is not about the slave.

So what changed?

Jesus and his 12 apostles changed everything.

Remember this bible story: So he (Jesus) came to a town in Samaria called Sychar, near the plot of ground Jacob had given to his son Joseph. Jacob’s well was there, and Jesus, tired as he was from the journey, sat down by the well. It was about noon. When a Samaritan woman came to draw water, Jesus said to her, “Will you give me a drink?” (His disciples had gone into the town to buy food.) The Samaritan woman said to him, “You are a Jew and I am a Samaritan woman. How can you ask me for a drink?” (For Jews do not associate with Samaritans.)

Now lets stop right here without going into debate. The above story is only an example to what I am leading to. I am simply pointing out that the teachings of the Israelites were to keep to themselves and not mix with others who were not a part of God's family.Of course many around the world heard the Jewish message and some immediately accepted the teachings and became a part of the Jewish faith.

Yes others (non Jews) accepted the teachings of Jesus and there are many stories proving this but Jesus came to fullfill Jewish prophecy and no other.

Without getting into the divinity of Jesus, we know that many within the Jewish faith rejected the teachings of Jesus Christ and due to this, his sacrifice and resurrection - everything changed - the doors were now opened up to all who do believe and follow the teachings of Jesus and the teachings of his apostles.

And it is here where God's children are identified:

John 14:5 - Thomas said to Him, "Lord, we do not know where You are going, how do we know the way?" 6. Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me. 7. "If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also; from now on you know Him, and have seen Him."…

Galatians 3:26 - 26. For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus. 27. For all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ.…

In Scripture, the lost are never referred to as children of God. Ephesians 2:3 tells us that before we were saved we were “by nature objects of wrath” (Ephesians 2:1-3). Romans 9:8 says that “it is not the natural children who are God's children, but it is the children of the promise who are regarded as Abraham's offspring.” Instead of being born as God’s children, we are born in sin, which separates us from God and aligns us with Satan as God’s enemy (James 4:4; 1 John 3:8). Jesus said, “If God were your Father, you would love me, for I came from God and now am here. I have not come on my own; but he sent me” (John 8:42). Then a few verses later in John 8:44, Jesus told the Pharisees that they “belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father's desire.” The fact that those who are not saved are not children of God is also seen in 1 John 3:10: “This is how we know who the children of God are and who the children of the devil are: Anyone who does not do what is right is not a child of God; nor is anyone who does not love his brother.”

We become children of God when we are saved because we are adopted into God’s family through our relationship with Jesus Christ (Galatians 4:5-6; Ephesians 1:5). This can be clearly seen in verses like Romans 8:14-17: “…because those who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God. For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship. And by him we cry, ‘Abba, Father.’ The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God's children. Now if we are children, then we are heirs—heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory.” Those who are saved are children “of God through faith in Christ Jesus” (Galatians 3:26) because God has “predestined us to be adopted as his sons through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will” (Ephesians 1:5).

We are all part of God's creation but we all are not God's children.

If you believe in Jesus can you see how the Christian faith is the only truth, the ONLY way to God?
edit on 18-2-2015 by DeathSlayer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Or you could question anything said in the old and new testaments as the words of men that very conveniently decided on calling their followers ''favoured by God'', ''special'' etc, hence making them their followers and subject to their rules. How clever and how gullible.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: theabsolutetruth
Or you could question anything said in the old and new testaments as the words of men that very conveniently decided on calling their followers ''favoured by God'', ''special'' etc, hence making them their followers and subject to their rules. How clever and how gullible.

How can you prove these men were not being guided by God to write down what they see and hear? Is this not possible?

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Something tells me ISIS has similar view points to yours and equally convincing bullet points/ scriptures to back up their equally extraordinary claims. I think this idea is inherent in all organized religion? Isn't that what makes them so appetizing to the masses? --Step right up, step right up, get your snake oil here! Cures cancer, fixes leaks, and gets you into God's club!

Now it seems, they are taking it a whole step further in proclaiming, "Oh yeah sorry the game has been rigged since the beginning, if you are not from this one blood line/ tribe/ club, you are # out of luck sorry!"

If the "deity" you worship plays favorites like some disgruntled parent; and has been doing so since inception, than maybe it's time you start looking for an even higher power? Try Cthulhu. He doesn't judge or play favorites.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

Good to know, now you guys don't have any excuse to proselytize all the unbelievers anymore right?

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Good to know, now you guys don't have any excuse to proselytize all the unbelievers anymore right?

I agree, only with those who oppose by arguing and attempting to deceive those who believe!

edit on 18-2-2015 by DeathSlayer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Exactly, you cannot prove they were or weren't hence the suspicion for their motives and the fallibility of men in rewriting things to suit.

Just because it was thousands of years ago and they wore toga like garments and lived in the desert, isn't an excuse for believing it due to it being a romanticized notion, etched into the subconscious for many hundreds of years via churches, governments, media and art.

If anyone now in the civilized world starting saying such things they would be psychiatrically evaluated and most likely diagnosed as suffering a disorder.

Do those believing the old and new testaments also think similarly of Islam? Scientology?, those are similar in their concept though more recent, or is it less an actual belief than a tradition.
edit on 18-2-2015 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Exactly, you cannot prove they were or weren't hence the suspicion for their motives and the fallibility of men in rewriting things to suit.

Why sure I can prove this. Before I say anything more have you ever read the ENTIRE bible? Not just a few paragraphs.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cogidubnus
Something tells me ISIS has similar view points to yours and equally convincing bullet points/ scriptures to back up their equally extraordinary claims. I think this idea is inherent in all organized religion? Isn't that what makes them so appetizing to the masses? --Step right up, step right up, get your snake oil here! Cures cancer, fixes leaks, and gets you into God's club!

Now it seems, they are taking it a whole step further in proclaiming, "Oh yeah sorry the game has been rigged since the beginning, if you are not from this one blood line/ tribe/ club, you are # out of luck sorry!"

If the "deity" you worship plays favorites like some disgruntled parent; and has been doing so since inception, than maybe it's time you start looking for an even higher power? Try Cthulhu. He doesn't judge or play favorites.

I do not follow or worship forbidden idols.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Not everyone is a child of God and many today are not.

Which God are your referring to? Or are you referring to all of them?

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Is proving the bible wrong deceiving in your book?

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: InverseLookingGlass

Not everyone is a child of God and many today are not.

Which God are your referring to? Or are you referring to all of them?

I am referring to the God of the Old Testament and of the New Testament known as the bible.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Is proving the bible wrong deceiving in your book?

In order to prove the bible wrong you would have to prove all 66 books are false and you can not do that. You can point out possible errors within a few books BUT you can NOT prove the bible to be wrong and deceitful.

Good try.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Does reading an entire bible imply belief, status or magical knowledge?

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer

We are all part of God's creation but we all are not God's children.

This line of thought is cultish.

If God is our Father, then all men are brothers. Those who reject this
common sense truth have embraced a cultish theology.

The idea of God is an evolutionary idea. One which has had a cultural progression from polytheism to monolarity in various places throughout human history, from Kemet (Egypt) to Levant (Canaan). The religion of ancient Israel is a product of this same process. They borrowed not only their neighbor’s architecture but the name of their god as well, then the nature of this tribal deity changed over time.

The vast majority of Christians look to the Hebrew scripture as their authority and thus their single source of faith (or theology). Even those who uphold the authoritativeness of “Holy Writ” will admit polytheism in Israelite history had a long run until under Hezekiah and then later Josiah destroyed the temples, idols and altars of other gods. Josiah’s reign is one of monolarity pushing towards monotheism which doesn’t fully take root until after the Jewish exile.

The Biblical word for God is “EL” and that word is not Jewish in origin, but rather it traces back to older Levant (Canaanite) religion. The patriarch Abraham is known as the father of the world’s three great monotheistic religions: Judaism, Christianity and Islam. For centuries his faithfulness to one god (at a time when people worshiped many deities) has been regarded as a monumental break with the society around him. However, an archaeological discovery known as the Ugaritic texts is opening a window onto a different cultural context for Abraham’s story and it is turning most assumptions about “god” on their head.

Here is question for you: Was Melchizedek a son of God? According to the Letter to the Hebrews, Jesus Christ is identified as a priest forever in the order of Melchizedek, and so Jesus assumes the role of High Priest once and for all. Again, was this Priest of El what you would call a "son of God" by your theology?

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   
we are all the children of the earth , i have read the bible and one story that springs to mind was the one that when asked
how do we find you , the reply was do not look for me in houses of bricks or stone, pick up a rock and you will see me there you will also find me in a piece of wood , in other words look to the earth.

Yes i know it is not a direct quote, but you believers in the bible will recognise the story .

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Now that is an interesting statement. What if you are? What if you have spent your entire life worshiping only false idols? I don't know you, I am not saying you have been. Merely a hypothetical, "what if?" I do believe in your book of worship it states, "For false Christs and false prophets will arise and will show great signs and wonders, so as to mislead, if possible, even the elect. 25"Behold, I have told you in advance".

What if you and every other religious devout individual has been bamboozled from the start! What if you inadvertently worship the ultimate mack daddy of all false idols every day of your life and you never had a clue? Scary stuff. You better hope God's got a plan for that one...

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Does reading an entire bible imply belief, status or magical knowledge?

To me? It implies proper worship, wisdom, knowledge, learning what my God expects of me as his child.

It has nothing to do with status or magic.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Or the words of men? Power craving men? Corrupt power craving men?

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: tom.farnhill
we are all the children of the earth , i have read the bible and one story that springs to mind was the one that when asked
how do we find you , the reply was do not look for me in houses of bricks or stone, pick up a rock and you will see me there you will also find me in a piece of wood , in other words look to the earth.

Yes i know it is not a direct quote, but you believers in the bible will recognise the story .

So if I take your post or instructions and use them according to my faith that would be like trying to repair a Ford with a BMW repair manual. Makes no sense does it?

Neither does your comment.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join