It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jeb Bush claims 'I am my own man.' Now meet his foreign policy advisers.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Wed Feb 18, Jeb Bush claims 'I am my own man.'

His Own Man (yeah right!) and the man whose foreign policy advisers he's relying on. In a foreign-policy address today, Jeb Bush will try to convince people that he's not his father or—probably more importantly—his brother. Literally, his prepared remarks have him saying:

"I love my father and my brother. I admire their service to the nation and the difficult decisions they had to make. But I am my own man — and my views are shaped by my own thinking and own experiences."

In light of that claim, it's interesting to consider the foreign policy advisers with whom Jeb Bush has, as his own man, chosen to surround himself. Like Tom Ridge and Michael Chertoff, George W.'s two homeland security secretaries. And Porter Goss and Michael Hayden, two of George W.'s CIA directors. And Iraq War architects Paul Wolfowitz, Stephen Hadley, and Meghan O'Sullivan. The list goes on.
The independence and his-own-man-ness doesn't just ooze from every one of Jeb Bush's pores, it crackles and pulses in the air around him like an aura of flames. Oddly, though, it carries a distinct odor of bull#.

www.dailykos.com...

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: wasaka

Ouch! Well then that's settled.

If he gets in, I hope everyone has their bugout bags ready.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Wow...his own man...surrounded by some of the most evil men on this planet.....yay jeb.....nope you will be your own man ....yep jeb.....own damn man for sure.....as long as you listen to those advisors...you'll be fine yep....you will be the puppet face of the next false flag with those folks at your side.

edit on 012828p://f55Wednesday by plube because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Deja Vu... and not in a good way...

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Couple of problems here...
1. There is a limited pool of qualified officials to choose from in regards to foreign policy advisors. This is a natural byproduct of the American political system, actually, and has little to do with the individual presidents. Many of Obama's foreign policy advisors were former Clinton officials and several of them were actually former GWB officials. It is extremely rare to find any DC advisor or cabinet access official who doesn't have multiple linkages in the overall Venn diagram.

2. Some of these folks on Jeb's list are great choices who have been out of the mix for awhile, like George Schultz and James Baker. Another on the list, Lincoln Diaz-Balart, was a close confidant of Jeb while Jeb was governor of Florida.

3. Speaking as a conservative, I'm not really sure GWB's foreign policy was a problem within Republican voter circles. It certainly wasn't the talking point which cost GW support his last couple of years in office. I'll be much more interested to see Jeb's financial and domestic advisor lists and will be certainly looking for some changes there when compared to his brother's cabinet.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: wasaka
Wed Feb 18, Jeb Bush claims 'I am my own man.'

His Own Man (yeah right!) and the man whose foreign policy advisers he's relying on. In a foreign-policy address today, Jeb Bush will try to convince people that he's not his father or—probably more importantly—his brother. Literally, his prepared remarks have him saying:

"I love my father and my brother. I admire their service to the nation and the difficult decisions they had to make. But I am my own man — and my views are shaped by my own thinking and own experiences."

In light of that claim, it's interesting to consider the foreign policy advisers with whom Jeb Bush has, as his own man, chosen to surround himself. Like Tom Ridge and Michael Chertoff, George W.'s two homeland security secretaries. And Porter Goss and Michael Hayden, two of George W.'s CIA directors. And Iraq War architects Paul Wolfowitz, Stephen Hadley, and Meghan O'Sullivan. The list goes on.
The independence and his-own-man-ness doesn't just ooze from every one of Jeb Bush's pores, it crackles and pulses in the air around him like an aura of flames. Oddly, though, it carries a distinct odor of bull#.

www.dailykos.com...

No president has been his own man since Kennedy. We saw where that got him in real time. No better example of a message was ever sent.
How long before Lord Vader makes his appearance ?

VinMan

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

3. Speaking as a conservative, I'm not really sure GWB's foreign policy was a problem within Republican voter circles. It certainly wasn't the talking point which cost GW support his last couple of years in office. I'll be much more interested to see Jeb's financial and domestic advisor lists and will be certainly looking for some changes there when compared to his brother's cabinet.

Unfortunately, I have to agree. I come from a largely conservative family and they pretty much went from defending GW's foreign policy right into the 'ol, "Why are we still talking about Bush?" after he was out of office.

Estimates of the total cost of war in Iraq and Afghanistan are somewhere around 350,000 dead (military, contractors, civilians, enemy combatants) and about $4.4 trillion dollars so far. The Watson Institute data is available at costofwar.org.

What have we gained? So yea, I don't really understand how anyone can look at GW's foreign policy (or Obama's which has effectively been a continuation) objectively and declare it anything but a failure.
edit on 2015-2-18 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

This list makes sense for an entrenched Republican. His own man?? This is just like when Obama came in he said he was for change, and yet he surrounded himself 'clintonistas'. It made sense to utilize the people from the party who had experience. I would expect that whoever the republican nominee is, that they would also reach back and use the experienced people from the republican party, and that means reaching into the Bush43 years. Jeb can say he's his own man, but in reality he's a party member. With very few exceptions, they all are party members, no matter if they are Republican or Democrat.

This is why voting outside (D) or (R) is important. IMHO.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Also:

"I am the only Republican that was in office when he was in office as President that never disagreed with him and I’m not going to start now"

"Til death do us part."

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   
If he was his own man then he would personally take time out of every year to drive to his brother Georges house and punch him dead in the face.

Second
edit on 18-2-2015 by Terminal1 because: Punctuation Failure

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   

What...how many of them are there...where they keep coming out from?!

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Awesome, the golfer in chief surrounded by his Islamic sympathizers shall be gone, an era that cannot be gone soon enough.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
What have we gained? So yea, I don't really understand how anyone can look at GW's foreign policy (or Obama's which has effectively been a continuation) objectively and declare it anything but a failure.

Objectively speaking, both wars were successful, it was stabilization of the two countries post-conflict that were miserable failures (in Iraq's case, MASSIVE failure). Looking at them from terms that the average American should and does care about, we lost roughly 4,000 troops... a number which is amazingly successful when compared to the losses of virtually every prior war or major police action the US has ever engaged in. We removed a brutal dictator and his even more perverse sons, which is a plus... unfortunately, the present administration did not have an exit strategy which defended those gains and we ultimately are ending up with a country run by a brutal group of religious fanatic asshats rather than a singular secular nutcase.

Like I said, if you really tied down most of us who vote GOP, and forced us to list our grievances with GWB's foreign policy, the results would be pretty startling to the anti-war at any cost crowd. Our primary gripe is almost certainly going to be that we fought too friendly a war in Iraq. Boots were put on the ground while the warzone still crawled with perfectly targetable air strike candidates. The ideology that the US was blood thirsty and overly aggressive in Iraq is not a viewpoint shared by the GOP voter base.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I look forward to another Bush as President but he'll never be as funny as his brother.
Does it really mater who gets in ? , they're just figureheads of the same old ship.... your future is already mapped out as is mine.

edit on 18-2-2015 by gortex because: edit to spell

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
Awesome, the golfer in chief surrounded by his Islamic sympathizers shall be gone, an era that cannot be gone soon enough.

Ya, you can keep your fingers crossed that the Son of the offspring of Aleister Crowley and Grandson of the Man who helped Fund the Nazi's will get in the Whitey House.

The Bush Family are Disgraceful Americans.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I really feel for you Americans. Three and even 2 from the same family is way over the top, imo. If another member of his family were to replace Harper, I think I would go ballistic, not kidding either. Hasn't the international scene had enough of those clans too?

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   
The neocons never really relinquished power and Obama did as he was told. There must be another reason why the conservative Right wing hate him so!www.foxnews.com...
edit on 18-2-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   

edit on 18-2-2015 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   
If Jeb was Pinocchio, he is definitely not in the "real boy" stage.
He we always be in the wooden puppet stage.

Plus his lips are moving.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: aboutface

I think a lot of Americans care about the candidates party they represent, rather than the candidates character and their beliefs. Most Americans are dedicated to their party like it's their favorite football team. Their team can do nothing wrong. We have members here who do nothing but wave the conservative or liberal flag and they're quick to point the finger when their opposing party does anything remotely wrong.

Unless we abolish the two party system that does nothing but divide us, creates gridlock and caters to corporate interests, the voting public will continue to vote for the party and ignore the character and beliefs of the candidate. It seems like we get the same Washington insiders as candidates every election year! Anyone who is not an insider is pushed out of the lime light. Our political system stinks.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join