It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any ideas for a cure for cancer?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I was just wondering if anybody had any ideas for a cure for cancer? Just wondering if anybody had any theories to share. Or any theories that you support. Personally I like the idea of genetic modification. I haven't found to much on it but I've heard some interesting ideas by word of mouth.

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 07:47 PM
link   
The only cures I know of that seem to work are surgery, chemotherapy, and radiation, and/or a combination of them....

...And even they don't work all the time.

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 08:03 PM
link   
i saw somewhere that there is a new kind of treatment you can get, i think it's only available in america at the moment though. Its like a brain scan type piece of equipment, the person lies on the bed and gets scanned. However, once the cancer/tumour is found some sort of beam is sent to that exact place where it is and kills the cells. This also would only work if you have one tumour rather than if your cancer had spread throught your body. However, im not totally sure if this is all correct because to me that seems like a cure for cancer, so i guess it can't be 100% right otherwise there would have been a bigger deal made out of it...

LL1

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Read this: msnbc.msn.com...
Interesting, and may be of help I hope.

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Theres already a cure.... has been since like .. 1930 ... check out some other threads .... search for it .. theres already a thread about this...

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Hmm... Sounds pretty interesting, nice link
The other idea that I think is interesting was the concept of sending a microscopic nuclear bomb. The warhead only has one atom so it won't cause any noticable effects but would do some damage to cancer cells.

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I found this study being conducted by Duke:

Instead of preventing the initial disease, physicians are looking at cancer vaccines as a way to prevent a second episode of cancer. By teaching the body to watch out for certain characteristics of cancer cells, the vaccine jump-starts the immune system. The idea is that the immune system will then kill any remaining cancer cell before it can start forming a tumor. Duke

Granted this is treatment after an initial cancer diagnosis but it's interesting nonetheless.

There is also research being done to prevent some forms of cancer from ever starting. I can't find the original article involving the HPV virus, but this news story is from yesterday in which GlaxoSmithKline and Merck are both almost ready to release their cervical cancer vaccine:

Both companies' vaccines work in the same way. They mimic strains of the sexually transmitted human papillomavirus (HPV), which causes 70 per cent of cervical cancers. Because they stimulate a response by the immune system, it can then fight off the virus. At least 50 per cent of women in the West are believed to have been exposed to HPV, which sometimes causes genital warts, but most are unaware of it as they do not show any symptoms. NZ Herald

So the next frontier for cancer treatment looks like it may come in the form of a vaccine.

B.

[edit on 12/16/04 by Bleys]

LL1

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 08:29 PM
link   
How about microbeams: msnbc.msn.com...

Futuristic beams could kill diseased tumors, study says.

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Different cancers have different causes, so there's no one "cure" for "cancer." There are lots of new approaches that scientists are using-- some 20,000 recent papers:
www.scirus.com...

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I think if we ever get nanobots they could be used to attack cancer cells on a microscopic level. They will be amazing for about any aspect of medical science. Teams of small nanobots cleaning up clogged artieries there is just so much good they could do.

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I would like to share my input. Just like the others above posted about one found in the 1930's.. Its called essiac tea. My gf was diagnosed with stage 2 cancer in her brain this past august. For about a month or 2 before that she had been getting very bad headaches and migraines to the point where she barely got any sleep. I felt hopeless and helpless seeing her in so much pain because I could do nothig. Once it got too hard for her she finally had gone to the doctors because she thought it was stress before.

They had said it was a tumor at first but after more test said it was cancerous. It was the size of an eyeball and was in a position where she could not get surgery to remove it. She was scheduled to start her chemotherapy towards the end of september. At this point I would spend endless nights researching looking for a cure.. I had told my mom about it because she could tell something was bothering me. Later on that week one of her co workers brought up cancer for no apparent reason and how her sons neighbor had gotten cured from it and my mom brought up my gf.. After a few conversations I recieved the contact info from an older couple who makes the the tea. After contacting them they sent me 4 months supply without payment because they wanted my gf to get better.. I sent payment a few days later..

The headaches and migraines continued.. and during her chemo session she was nauseous, tired.. bones and body hurt.. no energy. I had recieved the tea and started making it for my gf at home by the instructions of the old couple. I told my gf I wanted her to try something to see if it would help her pain and cancer.. she was a bit weary as she didnt believe a tea could help but had thought anything is worth a shot. Soon after she started the tea.. about 2 weeks. I noticed change in her.. She told me she had more energy, much less pain.. her bones didnt hurt as much and her headaches started going away. And i saw she was much more energetic when we went out and wasnt alway rubbing her head as the previous month( exactly what the old couple had told me it would do ) .

So I told her to drink more than the recommended dosage. Soon the headaches went away and she could sleep better.. the doctors said that she was a ball of energy because she wanst like alot of patients who just give up and let the cancer eat away at them. She seemed more lively and was fighting it. About 4 weeks ago the doctors said they had some news for my gf but she would have to come in and sit down for it. This scared us both because we thought it had gotten bigger.. 2 weeks ago she went in for her appointment.. what came next brang me to tears.. the doctors said the cancer had shrunk to the size of less than a peanut and had gone into remission.. They told her to live her life .. she deserves it..

They classified it as a growth and said she would come in for check ups but did not need the chemo because they could not detect the cancer.. Now did the tea do what it was meant for.. possibly.. was it the chemo.. not sure.. but in alot of cases chemo and radiation kills the patient before they cancer is cured from what ive read. This could be taken with a grain of salt.. all I know is that when she was doing chemo she couldnt eat.. her body and bones hurt.. no energy and slept 10-12 hrs a day if not more.. when she started the tea she got her energy back, less pain.. her appetite came back and she had the urge to do more active things. And went back to her normal sleeping schedule.. I still continue to make the tea for her will do so for many more months to come.

I believe theres a cure for everything. Its just finding it. In canada I believe they say it is a cure for cancer. What makes me sick is how the medical companies would rather make more money in treating diseases than curing them .. we live in a sick world. You just have to find a way around it.. Im not claiming this is the cure for cancer, maybe it is maybe it isnt. But from what i saw and the woman I spoke to who had cancer and used this tea have fully recovered from it and their hair grew back.. This was when they were only given 3-6 months to live. On my last note the old ouple i had gotten the tea from. the husband was diagnosed and had cancer 13 years ago. pancreatus cancer and it was the size of a softball, given 2 months to live and hes still here and fully recovered. The doctors had told him there was nothing they could do for him.. but hes here today. I dont think there will ever be a cure for alot of diseases, just way too much money involved in the drugs, treatment and insurance. Thats humanity for you.

[edit on 16-12-2004 by Frostburner]

[edit on 16-12-2004 by Frostburner]

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 08:58 AM
link   
...but a prevention method is too have a correct diet and avoid eating refined sugar/proccessed food/additives etc and mainly eat fruits, nuts, fish and lean meat. Also you should partake in some form of regular exercise and do not drink or smoke and I reckon but not sure of, avoiding microwaves, mobile phones except would probably help.

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by DuttyDoogz
...but a prevention method is too have a correct diet and avoid eating refined sugar/proccessed food/additives etc and mainly eat fruits, nuts, fish and lean meat. Also you should partake in some form of regular exercise and do not drink or smoke and I reckon but not sure of, avoiding microwaves, mobile phones except would probably help.

A lot of cancers originate from high proccessed foods that no one really knows about. Plant foods that are not genetically modified (foods that idealistically should be grown in your backyard and not bought in stores) are the best to eat. I also highly recommend reading the book, "The Food Revolution" by John Robbins and taking a course or two on Organic Agriculture and Polyculture.

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 03:47 PM
link   
So what about the vegan with a cell phone?

Different cancers have different causes, so there's no one "cure" for "cancer."

Was wondering when someone would say that....

I'm with another who believes eventually nanobots will be the way to go...

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 04:24 PM
link   
What I was talking about wasn't tea...
what was invented in 1930 was a microscope that still surpasses our current technology, but was surpressed, and along with this microscope and some frequency beam, this scientist guy located the part in the cell that was causing (various) cancers and thru lots of trial and error found the frequency that would kill the cancers without injuring the cell or host, just the cancer....

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 09:12 AM
link   
The only surefire way to prevent cancer is to quit breathing!

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by dnero6911
What I was talking about wasn't tea...
what was invented in 1930 was a microscope that still surpasses our current technology, but was surpressed, and along with this microscope and some frequency beam, this scientist guy located the part in the cell that was causing (various) cancers and thru lots of trial and error found the frequency that would kill the cancers without injuring the cell or host, just the cancer....

What was it called, who was the scientist, where did you find this out

I still think prevention is better than cure. Cancer cells are already in our bodies so there must be a trigger, whether it be different triggers for different cancers or cancer attacked areas, but I think it has got to be the way to go.

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 09:33 AM
link   
dnero6911:

You're talking about the rife generator. I have purchased a manual on how to build one (around 4 years ago) and wouldn't have a clue what is happening now. Here's the original URL for the guy who got it cranked again:

www.rt66.com/~rifetech/

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 10:29 AM
link   
there was s study done once......

put cancer cells into a acidic petri dish - they flourished.

alkaline petri dish - they couldn't

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 10:46 AM
link   
CANCER IS A VITAMIN DEFICIENCY

Sorry for the caps but I wanted to reiterate 'loudly'

There are many good links, google vitamin and cancer, or try b17, or apricot kernels. Also, cyanide kills cancer, so ingesting, say, apple seeds after rigorous chewing might help. not too many mind you. heh Radiation is a stupid way to kill cancer. Waste of time. That's like trying to bail out a boat with a running hose. Chemo is poison, pure and simple, and it's not even natural poison. If you're so desperate to kill the cancer, at least use a natural poison. Also, oxygen therapy has had some good results. The key, as some have said, is proper diet and supplements. If it can be patented, it's probably not very good for you. If it grows, swims, crawls or flies, it probably has some beneficial use in the context of treating illness. Simple rule, easy to understand, and in the modern world hard to adhere to.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join