It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Social Media & US NSA/Government Agents

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: MimiSia
a reply to: Hoosierdaddy71

I am not English origin sorry for spelling
I can see your sarcasm so I would like to know how you believe this can be stopped

My apologies sir, I meant no offense. Only jabbing you a bit.
You should start a thread about your complaints with the system and I will be happy to share my views with you.
This thread is about a different subject and I do not want to wander off in a different direction.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: MimiSia

this is a discussion forum I didn't get the memo opinion comes now in extra large .
the huge issue is that there are real cases of people being genuinely targeted by media (I guess this is why you chose this forum) If you don't believe in validity of someone's argument than you don't participate in conversation is simple so why would you waste time is arguing a point that it is invalid

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: MimiSia

the point is that specially due to current "conspiracies " people get paranoid so the key is to be transparent in order to maintain constructive conversations and people in this chat room
sorry I snapped
I am a girl sir
edit on 18-2-2015 by MimiSia because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   
We've looked into the archives of declassified files.

We know enough.

The atrocities that are occurring, many will be unearthed, and those truly responsible, prosecuted.

I can only hope that I will be vindicated. The things I have been through...some of them are #ing unspeakable.

edit on 18-2-2015 by 1Providence1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Check your site inbox.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Jchristopher5

Someone disagreeing with your post/thread doesn't necessarily make them a shill. Someone being rude to you doesn't mean they are a shill either.

In any case, if you are making a logical and sound argument then the shills have nothing to go on. If your argument sucks then I can see why you'd be offended when everyone points that out to you. Though to be honest, you shouldn't get angry at that. Pointing out flaws in an argument isn't a personal attack. You are supposed to take these points into consideration and then improve your argument from there.

To be honest, I think it is more likely that the shills are the ones posting crappy conspiracy theories with terrible evidence to muddy the waters from real investigation. It is easier to drown good information in a sea of bad information than to vehemently deny it. In fact, vehemently denying it only brings more attention to it.

One more thing, Skeptics aren't necessarily shills!

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Someone disagreeing with your post/thread doesn't necessarily make them a shill. Someone being rude to you doesn't mean they are a shill either.

In any case, if you are making a logical and sound argument then the shills have nothing to go on. If your argument sucks then I can see why you'd be offended when everyone points that out to you. Though to be honest, you shouldn't get angry at that. Pointing out flaws in an argument isn't a personal attack. You are supposed to take these points into consideration and then improve your argument from there.

To be honest, I think it is more likely that the shills are the ones posting crappy conspiracy theories with terrible evidence to muddy the waters from real investigation. It is easier to drown good information in a sea of bad information than to vehemently deny it. In fact, vehemently denying it only brings more attention to it.

One more thing, Skeptics aren't necessarily shills!

I think if you read my OP, I said not all of these folks were agents or shills, if you will.

I was specifically referring to the ones who use the same tactics, as if out of a playbook, to which a poster then produced the playbook. So, yeah, shills are on this site. Yes, not every debunker is a shill. I never said they were. But thank you for your comments.
edit on 18-2-2015 by Jchristopher5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I don't care if they are here. They WILL NOT change my mind. I enjoy commenting on posts to troll them. My open mind is closing real fast. I'm not here to make friends or be the know it all either. I do know what's right from wrong. If I hear something I know for a fact is wrong, I tend to either ignore it or call it out. If I call it out, it might get heated fora page or two. I'll play devils advocate just to get others to call them out. Never let them get an inch.

Here's what we think of government trolls pushing an agenda.

edit on 18-2-2015 by LOSTinAMERICA because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 10:50 PM
link   
It started in September 2009 and really got going heavy in 2010. They started hacking old user logins to look like old timers. I walked away from an old user name with a high WATS score cause they changed the entire tone of the site.

I used to rant but now I realize its backfiring. Its so obvious to me that now, when they go on the attack, it makes me realize the opposite of what they are saying must be true.

Even Skeptic Overlord and phage make me laugh. The circle jerk that often accompanies their comments is comical.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Funny... No mods or anybody in the upper elms of ATS have made a comment on this.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 05:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: brace22
Funny... No mods or anybody in the upper elms of ATS have made a comment on this.

It is like an open secret of ATS

Everyone knows and none say it

Like a horror movie, too scary to look

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Hang in there

We all know it, and you are not alone

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 06:40 AM
link   
I've seen the same exact thing many times. Another tactic I've seen used to great success, to the point of causing threads to be closed, is total derailment. They'll wait for someone to say something relatively unrelated to the thread topic and then they all seem to gang up on this one particular comment until they cause a multiple-person argument that has nothing to do with the original topic.
For example, I once made a thread about Joe Biden being a creep. Let's say someone wanted to close the thread by completely derailing the conversation; one thing they might do is wait for the inevitable mention of political party, be it Democrat, Republican, whatever, and then create a huge argument based on solely that while having their acquaintances all gang up on the conversation to the point where the thread is no longer about the posted topic, but rather just a big argument that becomes more and more heated to the point where it needs to be closed.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Some people just have terrible arguing skills. Did that ever occur to you? If there are any misinformation agents on this board, they are probably few and far between.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Some people just have terrible arguing skills. Did that ever occur to you? If there are any misinformation agents on this board, they are probably few and far between.

They do not display "terrible arguing skills", they display excellent training on how to squash conversations, deflect points made by posters, and to generally muddy the waters.

Snowden said they crawl all over the social media.

Did it ever occur to you that those of us pointing this out could be right?

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 07:22 AM
link   

I'm not saying they don't exist; I just don't think they are as widespread as you think they are. But even if they are paid government agents, why does it matter? Just address their points. If they are bad points then their argument should be easy to dismantle.
edit on 19-2-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   

OP these are not "government agents" these are just people who probably have a different opinion from you from a more informed background.

Rather than getting pissed off, learn from these people.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

You're funny. Thanks for the laugh.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jchristopher5
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

You're funny. Thanks for the laugh.

Dude grow up.

I did try providing you with a civil response to your OP and its obvious from that reply that you cannot take it as the sincere advice it was supposed to be.

This is a place of debating topics civilly, calling your fellow members "government agents" because you cannot keep up with the conversation or counter the debate is your problem, it is a symptom of your lack of knowledge on a given topic and your inability to debate. Its got nothing to do with "Shills".
edit on 19-2-2015 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join