It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Angry Indian Bride Marries Wedding Guest after Groom Collapses

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Hell hath no fury ......
Bridegroom Jugal Kishore was taking part in what should have been the happiest day of his life when he collapsed to the floor suffering an epileptic fit , unfortunately he hadn't told his future wife or her family of his condition so as he was taken to the doctors she decided the wedding would continue but with a new bridegroom , a guest at the wedding.

The young bride, angry that her family had been kept in the dark about Kishore's medical condition, promptly changed her mind and announced that she would happily marry at the same ceremony a guest at the wedding, a man called Harpal Singh. The latter, incidentally, turned out to be her sister's brother-in-law.

Singh, caught unawares and dressed in jeans and a leather jacket, fumbled for a moment before declaring he would willingly take Indira as his wife. This time the "varmala" was exchanged between Singh and Indira, which went off without any hitch, with the pandit reciting the mantras and asking the new couple to take the seven "pheras".
timesofindia.indiatimes.com...

I get the feeling Mr Kishore probably had a lucky escape.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I don't blame her. It was probably an arranged marriage and the other two really wanted to be married. After getting that far pleasing her family, she said enough is enough and married the man she loved. Thats what I see there. Just using that undisclosed clause as her out. And she had every right to marry the one she loved to begin with so any fault involved is in her father trying to force her hand in marriage to the wrong man.

I like love stories myself.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Well if her reaction was anger rather than concern and compassion, I would say his seizure was a fortunate incident for him.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Sounds more like a love triangle than a storya reply to: Unity_99

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   
He seized the moment to get out of a marriage where his wife to be evidently did not love him

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   
A narrow escape for sure.

Excellent story, where both sides can be viewed as winning.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

The Lord works in mysterious ways lol, as others said, a lucky escape.

new topics

top topics

join