It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISIS might be harvesting organs, Iraqi ambassador tells UN

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   

"We have bodies," Alhakim told his international counterparts. "Come and examine them. It is clear they are missing certain parts."

The shocking new claim was presented by the Iraqi ambassador to the United Nations, who said bodies have turned up in mass graves bearing surgical incisions and missing organs such as kidneys. Ambassador Mohamed Alhakim leveled the charge as he asked the Security Council to investigate whether harvesting and selling the organs of those it executes.

Alhakim, who said a dozen doctors have been executed in Mosul for refusing to participate in organ harvesting, briefed the council on the overall situation in Iraq and accused the Islamic State group of "crimes of genocide" in targeting certain ethnic groups.

ISIS might be harvesting organs, Iraqi ambassador tells UN

The barbarity reaches new levels each day.

Straight out of a horror flick, disections are taking place. Parts are freshest from victims who are still alive, which means they are either executing them with a surgeon on hand or gutting them alive and tossing the bodies in the pile after the grizzly surgeons of death are done.

Charges of genocide are finally being tossed around.

When is our POTUS going to get out of political correctness land and call this spade a spade?

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

This is nothing new...and is damn sure not some "new level of depravity". IS is not the only ones to capitalize on illegal organ harvesting (if true).

Not new

(Others do the same thing)

...as long as there is a demand, someone will provide the product.

edit on 18-2-2015 by Jakal26 because: fixing mistakes

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jakal26

This is nothing new...and is damn sure not so "new level of depravity". IS is not the only ones to capitalize on illegal organ harvesting (if true).

Not new

(Others do the same thing)

...as long as there is a demand, someone will provide the product.

Wow, an Israeli hit piece in response.
Guess Islamic State are the good guys to you then.

there has been no evidence to back up the claim in the Swedish newspaper Aftonbladet that Israeli soldiers killed Palestinians for their organs. Angry Israeli officials called the report "anti-Semitic."

edit on 18-2-2015 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Guess Islamic State are the good guys to you then.

Did I say that?
Apparently you don't pay attention to the content of the many threads we have both been involved in regarding IS. I know, I know...a lot to remember and all that jazz.

My point is that others are doing it as well. If it isn't IS doing it, it will be others because there is a DEMAND for a PRODUCT....

There are a plethora of atrocities attributed to IS....
....there aren't the only ones committing atrocities...but since the "meme of the day" is "ISIS, ISIS, ISIS,....FEAR ISIS"....this is what we get.

Notice the amount of "ISIS this and ISIS that" threads at the moment? Everyone regurgitating what the media is telling them to. It's rather obvious.

No, IS ARE NOT the "good guys"....they are scum and should be exterminated.
How that is gone about...well, that will determine if they are snuffed out of existence or if they continue to do as they do.
Western nations alone cannot fight them because for every one "we" kill, 2 more are radicalized (collateral damage, and all that entails and all that).....

Angry Israeli officials called the report "anti-Semitic."

How very typical of them.

(I won't bother to dig out the links to the Israeli guy that was let go after the confirmation of his involvement in organ trafficking. Those who know, know...and those who don't won't bother to "see" any damned way.......so)

> And it's not just the Israelis.....so get off the "I am providing a hit piece" bs. I could go on with links to various groups and nations (not Israel) that have done the same.

If we are to address organ harvesting, we must address the root cause....not the individual case. That won't happen though. The subject is too touchy and people don't want to believe it is FAR more prevalent than they wish to imagine.
edit on 18-2-2015 by Jakal26 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Organ harvesting is done by the cartels, the Chinese, and other criminals......
ISIS is not the only culprit....(not to say it is ok) just to say its been done by others as well.....
The entire world is going through the beginnings of a technological Dark ages............

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: stirling

If there was no demand there would be no supply.

How does one possibly go about stopping the demand for organs?

...it just cannot be done (not to say we shouldn't try).

I just don't see any "light" at the end of this repugnant tunnel.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jakal26
a reply to: stirling

If there was no demand there would be no supply.

How does one possibly go about stopping the demand for organs?

...it just cannot be done (not to say we shouldn't try).

I just don't see any "light" at the end of this repugnant tunnel.

Justifications are in fact a form of support.
Because others such as the underworld do it does not diminish the depravity one bit.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   
There are surgeons who operate illegally with black market organs.

I met someone who met someone who met his mate's mate etc etc etc ...... Who says that these black market docs take bullets out of people and have high quality theatres and surgical tools to deal with criminal injuries.

Could be BS.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Who's providing "justifications"? It sure the hell isn't me.

Because others such as the underworld do it does not diminish the depravity one bit.

No one said it did.
Apparently you lack reading comprehension abilities....everyday. Of course, I knew that when I come into this thread.
It's amazing how one can say things and you attempt to twist them....accusing others of "supporting" scum like IS because they see that as long as there is a supply there is going to be a demand.

You are acting like you stand upon some moral high ground (everyday)......
Here's a fact....You DON'T, and your nation is NOT innocent when it comes to this very thing.

Pull your head out.

On topic, when is someone going to snuff out the scum that is IS? How do we go about that?
How do we stop organ harvesting when there is demand...AROUND THE WORLD! ? ?

It's not justification......it's the rational approach. Something you prove everyday you cannot handle.
You thrive on emotion, I thrive on reason.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263

It's more prevalent than most desire to imagine.
There is definitely fire behind the smoke.

But hey, ISIS is the ONLY ones doing it.....

...just more justification for what is to come.

The MIC says CHA CHING! and marches on.

It changes absolutely NOTHING..........the approach taken for YEARS now by the "west" isn't frikkin' working. But hey, lets go off some "ragheads"....sounds like good fun.
Kill one, create two.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Jakal26
We can add China to that.
China's illegal organ-harvesting...

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Indeed.

And many others.

.....Israel was the first on my mind because it hasn't been long since I read about the guy that was let go (without charge) and sent back to Israel after he was implicated in said crimes.

Of course, OP is going to act like that was the ONLY thing on my mind because....obviously, I'm an "anti-semite" < or some such nonsense.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Ok, all of you who say well

so and so is doing it too

guess that makes it ok for the evil Daesh Islamist

Opps, sorry
the evil Daesh Islamist
can not be held accountable
if someone else does it too.
That is the most infantile reasoning
I have ever heard.

Just because others are doing "it"
doesn't excuse anyone
or make it any less heinous and barbaric

The evil Daesh Islamists
are being excused in their every action
by apologists who say, well so and so did it too,
look at 1000 years ago,
look at 200 years ago,
look at this or that country
so that makes what the evil Daesh Islamists
are doing excusable
or at least not really that evil
or not really that horrific
because "Johnny, Chang, Sal, and Mameet did it too"

This apologist attitude is evil in and of itself.

The west needs to remove themselves as far as possible from this evil thinking
and make the middle east a "no go zone" for everyone who does not have citizenship in a middle eastern country

And let the "parents" i.e. Islamic, Muslim nations
the good, enlightened and modern Muslims
handle their own children
without interference
which will only exacerbate the problem

edit on 10Wed, 18 Feb 2015 10:34:08 -0600am21802amk183 by grandmakdw because: grammar format addition

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   
The atrocity is as universal as people.......
We apparently have the capacity to do great evils regardless of any moral outlook......all that's required is the opportunity.....
Absolute power corrupts absolutely...........
It is sad commentary on the human condition.....
Who is to say it wont be common practice to patch up our own infantrymen with parts from the people they kill one day.....all it takes is the right circumstances.....then its justified.......

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: stirling
The atrocity is as universal as people.......
We apparently have the capacity to do great evils regardless of any moral outlook......all that's required is the opportunity.....
Absolute power corrupts absolutely...........
It is sad commentary on the human condition.....
Who is to say it wont be common practice to patch up our own infantrymen with parts from the people they kill one day.....all it takes is the right circumstances.....then its justified.......

Captured doctors were being forced to do this in their native towns where they treated the very people they were forced to butcher.
Forget about a Red Cross over there, any conventions of war are out the window, they should receive no quarter.
I am sure their sympathizers will come on now and equivocate some more.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 04:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
Captured doctors were being forced to do this in their native towns where they treated the very people they were forced to butcher.
Forget about a Red Cross over there, any conventions of war are out the window, they should receive no quarter.
I am sure their sympathizers will come on now and equivocate some more.

Just because ISIS is proving themselves to be evil and despicable doesn't mean we should give in. These people deserve to die for what they've done down to the last man. We do not have that capability though, and just going in and killing as many of them as we can has too high a cost.

From a national interest standpoint Africa and the Pacific are better places to put troops.

From a diplomatic standpoint we can get good relations with Iran by making them fight the threat on their doorstep, and seeing as how they're Muslim they actually have the moral authority to do it.

From a cost perspective, for the trillions this would cost us, how many child soldiers in other countries could we remove? How many regimes could we buy out of poverty?

From a troop perspective, if we recommit to the area we lose the ability to threaten force elsewhere in the world for the next decade. What do you think China and Russia will do in that time?

From a materials perspective, we're trying a pivot to Asia, but Asia and the ME are very different. The equipment we build for the ME has to be redesigned for the needs of Asia. If we go back into Iraq we won't be going to Asia.

Do we want to face a decade plus of guerrilla war that will once again double the national debt? Even if all goes well, what do we get out of it other than having stopped a barbaric regime? This will be very expensive... is this the fight you want to give up your retirement fund and your childs college fund to fight?

Aren't there much better battles out there to pick and choose from? Iran, Iraq, Egypt, Jordan, they are all in the region and all oppose ISIS. We can provide logistical support without getting too heavily involved. That seems to me to be a much better solution than occupying boots on the ground.

new topics

top topics

join