It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISIS plans to invade Europe through Libya – report

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   
RT has revealed that IS is planning to invade Europe through Libya, using illegal immigration as an effective tool to cross the Mediterranean Sea and enter Southern European countries. Over 207,000 asylum seekers have attempted to make the journey into Europe from Northern Africa, and Italy has played a significant role in aiding asylum seekers from Libya.

ISIS’ plans to conquer Europe via Libya have been revealed in letters seen by an anti-terrorism group. Owing to its perfect location on the continental doorstep, the terrorists plan to ferry fighters from North Africa across the Mediterranean.

The plans, analyzed by anti-terrorism British think tank Quillum, outline a strategy to illegally ferry fighters across the sea from Libya into southern Europe, into ports such as Italy’s southernmost island of Lampedusa, less than 300 miles (483km) away.

Libya “has a long coast and looks upon the southern Crusader states, which can be reached with ease by even a rudimentary boat,” an Islamic State (IS, formerly ISIS/ISIL) propagandist says in the letters seen by Quillum, according to the Telegraph.

That information originates from an IS supporter using the moniker Abu Ibrahim al-Libim. The propagandist is believed to be a strong force in IS recruitment online, with a focus on Libya.

The plans Libim reveals revolve around posing as illegal immigrants, to then start an all-out attack on southern Europe by seeding chaos and bloodshed. The terrorists reportedly hope to flood Libya with other fighters from Syria and Iraq, with a whole army at the ready to invade.

"We will conquer Rome, by Allah's permission,” he says in a Sunday video depicting the beheading of 21 Egyptian Christian guest workers, the video that led to Egypt organizing a bombing campaign on militant positions in Libya. He also describes the country as having “immense potential” for the terrorist group, while making references to the spoils of war left after the ouster of Colonel Muammar Gaddafi in 2011 – tons of weapons, ammunition and oil.

Libim continues to explain how illegal immigration across into Italy is “huge in number” and that “if this was even partially exploited and developed strategically, pandemonium could be wrought in the southern European states and it is even possible that there could be a closure of shipping lines and targeting of Crusader ships and tankers.”

rt.com...

These are audacious plans by IS, but they could work if security is not tight enough. That is worrisome. It wouldn't surprise me if IS already has operatives in Italy, but the allies are going to have to do something about this new front in Libya...sooner, rather than later.
edit on 18-2-2015 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   
The west could do something about ISIS but seems frozen .....why is that................they have their agenda to follow....
ISIS is a charade.....more control machinations...non the less real of course....

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

Ha. Them and what navy or air force?

They have spread thin, corrupted every patch of soil they step on, and have been way to aggresive I'm their military campaign. They will be crushed and disbanded within a week if they attempt this.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: stirling
The west could do something about ISIS but seems frozen .....why is that................they have their agenda to follow....
ISIS is a charade.....more control machinations...non the less real of course....

To be fair, there are a lot of forces currently taking on IS in Syria and Iraq. That said, IS has been in Libya for quite some time. It is baffling to see that the West has done next to nothing about their presence in Libya and Egypt.
edit on 18-2-2015 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

Ha. Them and what navy or air force?

They have spread thin, corrupted every patch of soil they step on, and have been way to aggresive I'm their military campaign. They will be crushed and disbanded within a week if they attempt this.

While we aren't looking at an overt invasion on the beaches of Italy, i think they do have reasons to be concerned. With over 200,000 immigrants seeking shelter from Northern Africa this year alone, it would not surprise me if IS has already established and executed plans to covertly infiltrate Europe through Libya.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: stirling

I think its reasonable to assume that showing compassion and giving help to genuine refugees that they were pretty unlikely to be sympathetic to the fecktards they were trying to get away from. It would be negligent not to canvas genuine asylum seekers help by asking for them to reporting suspicious activity - sentiments ect. I would have thought Its at that point moral dilemma kicks in - Do you return said suspects or create concentration camps or even give them a hug and put them on a course of aversion therapy and re eduction.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: stirling

Woohoo! Sense!

Good post.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Well, there sure weren't any ISIS chappies in Libya before we went and bombed the hell out of the place and then turned our backs on it, leaving it in the hands of warring Islamic militia groups.

Who could have possibly predicted those ingrates would turn on each other.... and us?

But, they did install a private central bank and freeze (steal) all of Libya's cash, so good reason for a large round at the club boys!

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Personally I think we should all be spending a lot more money, this article has produced a sufficient level of fear that I am now going to purchase things with money I probably do not have.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Ok lets remember that these groups calling themselves ISIS are not one organization. They are like AlQuida. They are local groups with local goals who pick up the name for recruiting. Part of the recruiting to promise grand global plans. Of course these local groups have no interest in that, they have local goals but, to get recruits to fight they need to seem grander. AlQuida used this tactic and no so does ISIS. The real goals of the different ISIS groups is to just carve out a piece of territory where they are and hold on to it. They are not invading Europe, they have no real over all goal and they do not even work together. Think of them as franchises.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dabrazzo
Personally I think we should all be spending a lot more money, this article has produced a sufficient level of fear that I am now going to purchase things with money I probably do not have.

That's wierd cause yesterday you seemed to think my fears were unfounded.

We need to kill these people. I hope they are dumb enough to attack Europe.

Maybe they just need a job...

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

Meh, apply to join the French Foreign Legion, they are open to any nationality, they spend most of their time fighting muslims. If you think killing people is the answer, then why not do just that?, sign up and start killing people, simples.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   

I just dipped into Dabiq magazine - hahah not even sure if its legal too – But anyway these guys avowed aim is as bad as it gets. They want to force confrontation. Its Victory or Martyrdom. They want hell on earth. What do you do if there is no one to reason with?

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dabrazzo

Meh, apply to join the French Foreign Legion, they are open to any nationality, they spend most of their time fighting muslims. If you think killing people is the answer, then why not do just that?, sign up and start killing people, simples.

Last time I checked the only way to win a war is kill as many as you possibly can.

It's real easy to say killing people is not the answer.

Evil will not stop because somebody got them a job. You have to kill evil.

I am too old to take up arms. However, hook a drone up to my kids Playstation.

I swear to God I would fly that drone right up their asses...And collect all the gold coins.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Ah well, sorry you feel that way, glad most of my generation has moved on from these backward notions, not all of course, there still seems to be at least enough willing to fight rich mens wars to keep it all going, hopefully one day though.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Im a tad squeamish about mayhem and murder but seeing as these isis feckrads have such hard on for gay sex ..didn't I read somewhere there is a weaponized chemical to produce just such an effect - a gay spray. I know I shouldn't laugh but Id like to see that movie if they care to release it instead of the head pruning and barbecues.
Hmm maybe I should escalate this idea

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Dabrazzo

Given your avatar, can I assume you are being ironic in your pacifism?

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   

If Isis get to Europe in any significant numbers I'll be looking round for the nearest anti Isis militia training camp.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   

History repeats itself.

This has been done before in Islam. Anyone thinking Islam is somewhere moderate is fooling themselves.

You can easily find how life was for none Muslims in Islamic counties from Mohammad's time to now. All the way to Spain they went and they didn't do it with a handshake and a smile.

The only moderate Muslim is one that has little faith or one that hides their true faith. IMHO of course.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Sad Truth...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join