It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

News coverage of vaccine controversies drives down support for vaccines

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: GetHyped
a reply to: gmoneystunt

If you've reviewed the scientific evidence in an intellectually honest manner and still believe there's any controversy around the issue

a reply to: GetHyped
Will you at least provide me with links of this scientific evidence that is without a shadow of a doubt true (that you claim to have?)
edit on 18-2-2015 by gmoneystunt because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   

ATTENTION!!!

That is ENOUGH!

Stop the insulting, name calling and rude behavior.

If you can not debate in a civilized manner, you WILL BE POST BANNED!

Discuss the topic. NOT EACH OTHER!

No further warnings.

Do not reply to this post.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   
##SNIPPED, see above mod note##

As you must know, there is much disagreement and debate within the scientific and medical communities regarding vaccination-induced autism, especially among African-American boys, including by a CDC whistleblower. But even he stated:

Reasonable scientists can and do differ in their interpretation of information.

If they're not sure, how can you be sure? You can't. And calling names is out of line.

Especially because he also confessed:

I regret that my coauthors and I omitted statistically significant information in our 2004 article published in the journal Pediatrics. The omitted data suggested that African American males who received the MMR vaccine before age 36 months were at increased risk for autism. Decisions were made regarding which findings to report after the data were collected, and I believe that the final study protocol was not followed.

Source

And it's only been within the last few days that this whistleblower has been given the immunity to speak freeley (no pun intended) and the court documents unsealed.

It is impossible to be sure of one's facts when one obviously does not have all the facts because they are being willfully and deliberately kept from us.

What else is being kept from us???
edit on Wed Feb 18 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: SubTruth
a reply to: Boadicea

Hospitals are really pushing vaccines hard these days. They constantly remind you about the flu shot or this and that. Drug companies are not in business for good intentions they are in business for profit.

That's exactly what they're doing, and what they're being told to do:

The CDC's decision to play up flu deaths dates back a decade, when it realized the public wasn't following its advice on the flu vaccine. During the 2003 flu season "the manufacturers were telling us that they weren't receiving a lot of orders for vaccine,"Dr. Glen Nowak, associate director for communications at CDC's National Immunization Program, told National Public Radio. "It really did look like we needed to do something to encourage people to get a flu shot." The CDC's response was its "Seven-Step 'Recipe' for Generating Interest in, and Demand for, Flu (or any other) Vaccination," a slide show Nowak presented at the 2004 National Influenza Vaccine Summit. Here is the "Recipe that fosters influenza vaccine interest and demand," in the truncated language that appears on his slides: "Medical experts and public health authorities [should] publicly (e.g. via media) state concern and alarm (and predict dire outcomes) - and urge influenza vaccination." This recipe, his slide show indicated, would result in "Significant media interest and attention ... in terms that motivate behavior (e.g. as 'very severe,' 'more severe than last or past years,' 'deadly')." Other emotive recommendations included fostering "the perception that many people are susceptible to a bad case of influenza" and "Visible/tangible examples of the seriousness of the illness (e.g., pictures of children, families of those affected coming forward) and people getting vaccinated (the first to motivate, the latter to reinforce)."

And not just health workers:

The CDC unabashedly decided to create a mass market for the flu vaccine by enlisting the media into panicking the public. An obedient and unquestioning media obliged by hyping the numbers, and 10 years later it is obliging still.

Source.

This is a business just like Burger King they want your business and these foolish health care providers are the sales team. That being said real honest none connected studies need to be done. 3rd party with outside oversight. The rise in autism rates needs to be addressed and it needs to be addressed now. The FDA is a flat out failed system and everyone involved should be fired or stand trial for crimes. The amount of corruption is breath taking. Many workers in the FDA have direct ties into the industries and I believe kickbacks and favors happen as common place.

Yes. And the CDC, and congress, and WHO. Just like this:

In his report, Howley links to a letter published on the Natural News website from the summer of 2014 sent by Dr. Thompson to then-CDC director Dr. Julie Gerberding in February 2004, where he expressed his concerns to Dr. Gerberding about how the CDC was concealing data linking the measles MMR vaccine to autism. (Letter here.) Howley points out that Gerberding is now an executive vice president at Merck, the pharmaceutical giant that is currently the sole manufacturer of the measles vaccine. Gerberding originally left the CDC to take the position of president of Merck’s vaccine division.

Source.

Both excellent points. Thank you.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
a reply to: ManFromEurope

Yes, those who are genetically inferior should be left for nature to take its course.

All these advances in science and medicine have led to all these idiotic, weak bodied, and weak minded people to survive into adulthood when before nature would have weeded them out.

Because that's our only option? Of course not!

As I've already stated nutritional research and increased understanding of the vital importance of proper nutritional intakes, as well as the negative effects of nutritional deficiencies has already served us well. I would even posit that proper nutritional health will do far more overall for strengthening the weak than vaccinations will.

Delayed vaccination schedules have also been implemented with much success, including the separation of the measles, mumps, and ruebella vaccinations into separate vaccinations, rather than combined as they are now.

It does not, and never should be, a one-size-fits-all-or-nothing approach.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: GogoVicMorrow

But the establishment candidates want and need it to be politicized.

It sure seems that way. I do wonder if they are receiving far more backlash than expected.

One can hope, right?

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: GogoVicMorrow
a reply to: GetHyped

No it actually hasn't. I belive in the MMR and soubt it causes autism, but it has not been debunked. Most cases of extreme autism are causes by genetic deletion events, but we aren't certain what factors may lead to so many cases. Part of tge increase is diagnostic but we dont know what external factora may land someone on tge autism spectrum.

Claiming it is debunked is b.s. because there hasnt been a large and long enough study done.

I agree. I suspect that there may be many causes of autism, and vaccinations may be one, but also GMOs, pesticides and herbicides, etc. There may be a genetic predisposition. There are too many unknowns to come to any conclusions. Especially when we know info is being withheld from the public.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   
My mistake. My apologies.

edit on 18-2-2015 by Boadicea because: My comprehension skills failed me.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
As you must know, there is much disagreement and debate within the scientific and medical communities regarding vaccination-induced autism,

There really isn't.

especially among African-American boys, including by a CDC whistleblower.

The alleged increase of autism risk among African Americans comes from Brian Hooker's re-analysis of the CDC data. Anti-vaxers won't tell you that paper was retracted because Hooker failed to declare his competing interests, and because the statistical analysis was unsound. (Many bloggers covered the statistical argument. Respectful Insolence has a good introduction, if you can cut through Orac's overwrought prose.) But even if Hooker's analysis was sound, it showed no link between autism and the other racial categories, or autism and African American girls. Anti-vaxers will never tell you that their worst-case "whistleblower" scenario disproved the alleged link between autism and vaccines in 94% of the US population. Nor will anti-vaxers tell you what the "CDC whistleblower" actually says about vaccination:

I want to be absolutely clear that I believe vaccines have saved and continue to save countless lives. I would never suggest that any parent avoid vaccinating children of any race. Vaccines prevent serious diseases, and the risks associated with their administration are vastly outweighed by their individual and societal benefits.

Anti-vaxers will never tell you that their savior, the person they claim from within the CDC as one of their own, actually disagrees with them. He did not quibble, or equivocate, or leave room for interpretation. He stated as plainly as possible, all children should be vaccinated, and any risks associated with vaccination are less than the risks of not vaccinating, to both individuals and society. This is the best, most authoritative, most unimpeachable source anti-vaxers have yet found ... and he is in favor of universal vaccination.

It is impossible to be sure of one's facts when one obviously does not have all the facts because they are being willfully and deliberately kept from us.

What else is being kept from us???

I think I made a good start at uncovering some of the things that anti-vaxers try to conceal.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Just responding to say that I got a Tetanus shot today.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I know so many people who think something is fixed when there is massive news about it. Usually nothing gets fixed.

Just like fresh OJ....It is mostly still processed the same way. Nothing got fixed. But people assume their complaints fixed something when in reality it did nothing. Now they once again buy the OJ marked fresh

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Where is the danger. Has someone died because they did not let cesear stick them with nonobots or whatever is decided to inject in this rnd?

You could guess that such actions do not happen but the majority of us can not ever know for sure.

Yes i trust not being killed from a virus more than i trust the fda or the rest of gov..

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I humbly apologies to all -- the Mods, the ones on the receiving end, the other posters, the ones just reading, the lurkers, everyone -- for my contribution to the earlier ugliness. I can and I will do better.

I do not want to detract from the quality of discussion here at ATS, especially about something as important as forced vaccinations and its violation of our rights.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: FurvusRexCaeli

I have to again respectfully disagree, based on the both the known facts, and knowing there is much that is unknown. Neither one of us have the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. Anti-vaxxers do not have the power to issue gag orders, seal documents, enforce non-disclosure and confidentiality agreements, etc, but those who have the power to do so are also those who have the power to force their will on the rest of us.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Okay. My husband and son make sure to get them regularly, due to occupational hazards. I can only imagine how many times it's prevented further pain and suffering after getting hurt on the job -- which he does often. It's wonderful that we all have that option[/].

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   
What I don't understand is the seeming need that journalists have to divide everyone up into two distinct camps---"pro-vaxers" and "anti-vaxers" and include anyone who questions "the Authorities" in the "antis" because they simply don't step up and toe the Official Line. Even those people who question the wisdom of vaccinating newborn children are plopped into the "anti-vax" group. I suppose that tactic makes it easier to condemn----makes the question an easy Yes or No when considering the issue. In reality it is much more complex than any of these so-called journalists will admit.
When reading these stories in the msm, just remember where the financing for tons of TV, radio and print media originates: Big Pharma. Do you really think they're going to harm that golden goose?

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   

As I've already stated nutritional research and increased understanding of the vital importance of proper nutritional intakes, as well as the negative effects of nutritional deficiencies has already served us well. I would even posit that proper nutritional health will do far more overall for strengthening the weak than vaccinations will.

I feel exactly the same way. We disregard nutrition way too much!
If our body needs to fight off "intruders" they need the right munitions, the right tools to create working anti-bodies. I'm sure that at least 50% of people on one medication or another is actually victim of a nutrition deficiency from not having right tools our bodies need to function properly.

But where's the money in prevention? It's not patentable for one...
They make much more money when we are sick, that's a fact...this takes me back to the subject of vaccination!
Now, can we trust the people that make more money when we are sick?

Delayed vaccination schedules have also been implemented with much success, including the separation of the measles, mumps, and ruebella vaccinations into separate vaccinations, rather than combined as they are now.

It does not, and never should be, a one-size-fits-all-or-nothing approach.

I had those 3 vaccines a couple months apart.
It's only logical that more side affects can happen when injecting all 3 at the same time than separate.
edit on 18-2-2015 by theMediator because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: theMediator

I feel exactly the same way. We disregard nutrition way too much!
If our body needs to fight off "intruders" they need the right munitions, the right tools to create working anti-bodies. I'm sure that at least 50% of people on one medication or another is actually victim of a nutrition deficiency from not having right tools our bodies need to function properly.

But where's the money in prevention? It's not patentable for one...

A kindred soul! If only we put as much time, money and effort into nutritional research. I've long felt that the push for nationalized healthcare has far more to do with maintaining (and fortifying) the corporate and political stranglehold on medicine than our health. As increasing numbers of people find nutritional and other natural remedies for what ails them, they will continue to heal themselves... and the medical industry just can't have that.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

What I don't understand is the seeming need that journalists have to divide everyone up into two distinct camps---"pro-vaxers" and "anti-vaxers" and include anyone who questions "the Authorities" in the "antis" because they simply don't step up and toe the Official Line. Even those people who question the wisdom of vaccinating newborn children are plopped into the "anti-vax" group.

It wasn't journalists fault anti vaccers were named with anti. It was the anti vaccers who gave themselves that name.

The term was accepted and coined by anti vaccers back in the 1800s by those who for whatever reason felt the danger of smallpox was less than the danger of the vaccine for it.

The National Anti-Vaccination League was founded in 1896 in Britain, growing from earlier smaller organizations in London, originally under the title Anti-Compulsory Vaccination League. The organisation opposed compulsory vaccination, particularly against smallpox. It was part of a wider anti-vaccinationist movement, arguing that vaccination did more harm than good.link

History of Anti-vaccination Movements

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

I like how you side stepped the point that was being made there.

So just because the The National Anti-Vaccination League exists, it is ok to divide all people into two groups, and anyone that is not outspokenly pro is called an anti vaxxer.

Your argument makes no sense whatsoever and the poster you responded to was making a very good point.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join