It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

News coverage of vaccine controversies drives down support for vaccines

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   
News coverage of vaccine controversies drives down support for vaccines

As media attention to the measles outbreak in California continues to grow and prominent politicians weigh in with conflicting messages on requiring vaccines, health policy scholars and political scientists warn of the dangerous consequences that politicization can have on public support for vaccination.

Not a bad start... politicizing vaccines IS dangerous, especially when that politicization is all about mandatory vaccines for everyone, violating one of our most natural and inalienable rights: The right to be secure in our person and protect the temple of our soul. But apparently, to these authors at least, that's not the problem. Nor is it the harmful outcome for some people. Such as the inherent experimental nature of a vaccine, injecting first and finding out what happens later, since we know that everyone responds to vaccines differently based on each person's individual metabolism, immuno-defense system, nutritional health status, etc. Nor is it the inevitable human errors and failings that will negatively impact some people. Nor is it the crony capitalist nature of the industry that puts profits before people. Nor is it the many lies and secrets that plague the industry.

Nope. In their minds, the problem is letting the public know about the problems associated with vaccines, which of course will only multiply exponentially if mandated under color of law:

For those people who were less likely to have previously encountered news stories about the HPV vaccine controversy, reading about political conflict decreased support for vaccines in general. It also decreased trust in doctors. This suggests a very troubling implication: media coverage of the controversy about the measles vaccine could actually affect the general public beyond the very small “anti-vax” community

So who do they blame? The media. And what is their answer? More lies, lies by omissions, and secrets by the media:

But our research also suggests a way for news coverage to avoid this. We found that news coverage that did not emphasize conflict was associated with increased support for both the HPV vaccine and immunization programs generally. This shows how news media could bolster support for needed vaccinations: steer clear of the political controversy.

And this will work because... well... because the public is so gullible and ADHD:

And public attention to issues is often short-lived, which means citizens could easily forget political cues about vaccines, presuming that politicians stop stoking the controversy.

But wait! What's this?

However, our research suggests that it is journalists who may not forget. They may continue to remind the public of this controversy for years to come....

I've been as hard on the media as anyone for their journalistic malpractice, but I'm beginning to rethink that. With all the secret court gag orders and whistleblower prosecutions and National Security Letters that are coming to light, perhaps the media's hands have been tied as well, and they have been doing what they could to get around the government tyranny to keep us informed. Or maybe not. I don't know at this point. But what I do know is that there is a deliberate and concerted effort to keep us too dumb and compliant to know better.

One more thing... note who wrote this article and for what purpose:

Erika Franklin Fowler is an assistant professor of government at Wesleyan University. Sarah Gollust is an assistant professor in the School of Public Health at the University of Minnesota. Their article about vaccines is part of a special issue of The ANNALS of the American Academy of Political and Social Science. The issue is devoted to research about the politics of science.

Obviously, our health and our best interests are not the primary concern, much less the ultimate goal.
edit on 18-2-2015 by Boadicea because: Formatting

This thread has been promoted on the ATS Twitter Feed with the following image:

edit on 18-2-2015 by SkepticOverlord because: added to twitter

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

You point out a possibility that many on this forum have seen.

What happens if the masses somehow see through the misinformation, disinformation and propaganda, finding a way to get the truth or --close enough.

In an empire of lies, the simple act of seeking the truth makes you a criminal --and a target. If large masses of people were to figure this out in unison, the very thin window dressing of freedom in the US could vanish over night.

False flag, Internet kill switch, game over. You could have what amounts to "hunger games" within 12 months. I really hope you enjoyed American Sniper. Chris Kyle is coming home and you are the next group of "savages" in his sights.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

Very well said. Thank you. Especially about making oneself a target by seeking and sharing the truth. We live in interesting and dangerous times. Let's hope we learn our lessons well and use the experience to do better... for our children and grandchildren, if not ourselves.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   

The Canadian media and government are acting in concert with the USA as well. They reported on case number 11 in Ontario and honestly, I have to just shake my head.

I was vaccinated, as were my children, yet I got measles, whooping cough, chicken pox and mumps, as did my children. There was no media blitz, no fuss, no nothing. We never even made the news because it just was not news. There were other cases too at school every year even though vaccinated. Just advice to stay home and rest.

So why all the hype now is what really perplexes me. The only conclusion I can come to is that in spite of mandatory vaccination being a prerequisite of being admitted into the school system, someone's bottom line profits are not being met. Absolutely nothing else makes sense.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   
This thing was discussed so many times, yet it still reeks it's ugly head from time to time, again and again...

- Yes, 1 in a million might die from side-effects of vaccines.

Before vaccines, lots and lots of people died. Children were crippled by polio.

- Vaccines cause autism..... They don't.

- And vaccines do not only protect Your body, but many others, too. Your selfish wish to "keep your body as a temple clean and pure" is pure evil against people with immunodeficit illnesses. But, hey, it's your body, and they should just stay at home, right?

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

Vaccines cause autism..... They don't.

That's debatable

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope

Your selfish wish to "keep your body as a temple clean and pure" is pure evil against people with immunodeficit illnesses.

First, as one of those people with a compromised immune system, let me thank you for your profound concern from the bottom of my evil heart. Despite the manipulative and hateful Alinsky tactics you chose to employ, I will accept your concerns at face value, and assume that your hatefulness is a byproduct of that concern, and in your heart you really just hate the real or imagine "sin" and not the "sinner."

- Yes, 1 in a million might die from side-effects of vaccines.

I can only assume that's okay with you. Better them than you, eh? Life for me but not for thee? Okay. Gotcha.

Before vaccines, lots and lots of people died.

Indeed people did die before vaccines... and people are still dying after vaccines.... some because of those very vaccines, as you yourself noted. But we've already established that it's okay to kill other people if it protects you, right?

One important factor which has not been established is that Vitamin A supplementation has been shown to have at least as much to do with the decrease in morbidity as do the vaccines. Indeed, perhaps more, as measles death rates were already drastically decreasing with improved nutritional health BEFORE the introduction of the measles vaccine Even more so after we began to study, understand and implement a course of Vitamin A supplementation for measles.

- Vaccines cause autism..... They don't.

You don't know that. You cannot know that. Especially given the lack of transparency within the industry, and in general. You cannot and do not know what you cannot and do not know. Consequently, such statement of fact is either deliberate lying or a woeful combination of ignorance and arrogance.

- And vaccines do not only protect Your body, but many others, too. Your selfish wish to "keep your body as a temple clean and pure" is pure evil against people with immunodeficit illnesses. But, hey, it's your body, and they should just stay at home, right?

Pure evil is violating the laws of nature and our inalienable rights by using the color of law (and the business end of a gun) to force your will on others no matter the cost to them... but, hey, it's your body, and you can do whatever you will to mine for your benefit, right? Um, actually, no.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Ooops! Double post.

My apologies.
edit on 18-2-2015 by Boadicea because: (no reason given)

(post by GetHyped removed for a manners violation)

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Yes, those who are genetically inferior should be left for nature to take its course.

All these advances in science and medicine have led to all these idiotic, weak bodied, and weak minded people to survive into adulthood when before nature would have weeded them out. Now they are having weak stupid kids of their own. It's led to our Nation being full of weak stupid people.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   

But the establishment candidates want and need it to be politicized.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: GetHyped

originally posted by: gmoneystunt

Vaccines cause autism..... They don't.

That's debatable

Only if you're an idiot.

I would say anyone who opposes discussion is actually an idiot. Accepting something you don't know as truth is the end of learning. That's what religious peoplle do.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: GogoVicMorrow

It's a conspiracy theory that's been thoroughly debunked many times over. The only people who believe there is still a discussion to be had are the ignorant and the idiotic. Just like the people who think there's any discussion around the issue of whether or not the world is flat.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: GetHyped
Oh you have I guess? You know what you read was the truth from the companies that sell the drugs.
There is no proof either way.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Hospitals are really pushing vaccines hard these days. They constantly remind you about the flu shot or this and that. Drug companies are not in business for good intentions they are in business for profit.

This is a business just like Burger King they want your business and these foolish health care providers are the sales team. That being said real honest none connected studies need to be done. 3rd party with outside oversight. The rise in autism rates needs to be addressed and it needs to be addressed now. The FDA is a flat out failed system and everyone involved should be fired or stand trial for crimes. The amount of corruption is breath taking. Many workers in the FDA have direct ties into the industries and I believe kickbacks and favors happen as common place.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: GetHyped

No it actually hasn't. I belive in the MMR and soubt it causes autism, but it has not been debunked. Most cases of extreme autism are causes by genetic deletion events, but we aren't certain what factors may lead to so many cases. Part of tge increase is diagnostic but we dont know what external factora may land someone on tge autism spectrum.

Claiming it is debunked is b.s. because there hasnt been a large and long enough study done.

(post by GogoVicMorrow removed for a manners violation)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join