It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quebec Politician Wants All Mosques Investigated, Prior to Opening.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 06:45 AM
link   
This is an interesting article. At first glance, it seems to be another Anti-Muslim hit piece, or at least that's what I thought it was, but Canadian journalism and politicians surprise me again.

CBC Source

The leader of Coalition Avenir Québec says all mosques should be investigated prior to being allowed to open in the province.

François Legault​, head of the third-most popular party in Quebec's legislature, said Tuesday a public body should be created to investigate people who potentially disagree with so-called Quebec values.

The Coalition Avenir Québec is a very right wing, separatist Quebec party.

The party proposes government investment in education and partial decentralization of the healthcare system. They promise "to further develop the entrepreneurial culture in Québec" and provide government resources for the private sector. The party also supports austerity "to provide the government with the flexibility it needs to adapt to the ongoing changes in the economy"; one measure specifically mentioned is leaving 6,000 open Hydro-Québec employment positions unfilled. Although the party does not support independence, it advocates Quebec nationalism. This includes limiting immigration and promoting the use of French without creating new barriers. The party supports multiculturalism insofar as to "integrate newcomers".[24]

Now back to the article.

Legault in this instance, is stating that he's worried that Quebec values such as equality of the sexes or respect for sexual orientation, and not necessarily the religion itself. Which if I believed him, would be a good thing. Why invite a whole group of people to live and have the ability to legislate their own values, if they don't respect and honor yours?

But there is a real danger that this leads to some discrimination within Quebec. Now, my fellow Canadians, we all know and all hear the jokes about Quebec and a lot of us don't like them for some reason. I have a lot of family from there and personally love the place. I wish Canadians stood up for themselves about half as much as the Quebec resident does.

But they are what I would describe as a hard and fast people. They have very strong opinions, they usually take very strong actions and are not ones for changing their minds easily. They also listen to their leaders. The sort of ' we are all we have ' mentality of Quebec has created a sort of pyramid where the general population is very in tune with the elected.

What do you guys think ATS? In this context, as listed, I think it's good, but we must be wary of abuse.

Thoughts?

~Tenth

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower
It might sound good but is it necessary. Reminds me of the TSA searching people before boarding planes. Too much room for abuse

edit on 18-2-2015 by gmoneystunt because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Ha HA. The 'inspection' is when they plant all the bugging devices.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   

I'm not down with it. I'm from BC. Its still discrimination. They must do that to all churches, temples ect in order for it not to be discrimination.

I'm sorry dude but Quebec is f'ed in the head.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Might I humbly suggest that just because one comes from "La belle province", it does not necessarily follow that one can't be full of merde?

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: snypwsd

I'm not down with it. I'm from BC. Its still discrimination. They must do that to all churches, temples ect in order for it not to be discrimination.

I'm sorry dude but Quebec is f'ed in the head.

That's a good point. Any persons of deep religious convictions could pose the same kind of threat. Anybody from the Westboro church for example would certainly not follow " Quebec Values".

~Tenth

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   
LoL

As if someone starting a mosque will be dumb enough to leave impotant clues during an audit.

This is rediculous i live in Québec And i am more frightened at my own government than a terrorist.

We should investigate why people who are born and raised here, who are pure bread Quebecer become radicalized. This is not prevention, we must find the motivations and address them.

We dont need to adapt yet again our society to cull terroristes said attacks. The masses are punished because a few misbehave.
edit on 18-2-2015 by bitsforbytes because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   

When I said Quebec is f'ed in the head, I ment the government there is F'ed. The people are awesome, its just that the gov there seems to be something else.
edit on 55215p35518 by snypwsd because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Sorry phone screwed up please delete this mods

edit on 36215p33618 by snypwsd because: (no reason given)

top topics

join