It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

70,000 Years Ago a Red Dwarf Star Flyby Our Solar System by Less Than a Light Year

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: funbox
so including sol , does this new information mean that we are in a trinary star system. the articles ive so far read do not make this clear.

No, it's already light years away and traveling far faster than solar escape velocity.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

Uh huh... Velikovsky's Worlds In Collision ideas, again, might have been discounted too soon, too disdainfully.

Something ...or things... happened in this solar system to upset it.

Retrograde orbits, askew polar orientations ...Venus and Uranus... Triton's orbit... well, they were disturbed or captured from another system... heck, who knows, maybe the local galactic contractor had four too many beers during their lunch break.... OR another star system careened through and livened up the boring dance.

Now we have spotted a likely culprit for our vandalized solar system... though I doubt restitution can be made.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Hmmm.... what else happened 70,000 years ago?

The Toba supereruption was a supervolcanic eruption that occurred some time between 69,000 and 77,000 years ago at the site of present-day Lake Toba (Sumatra, Indonesia). It is one of the Earth's largest known eruptions. The Toba catastrophe hypothesis holds that this event caused a global volcanic winter of 6–10 years and possibly a 1,000-year-long cooling episode.

Source

Interesting that one of the biggest volcanic eruptions that we believe to have occurred happened somewhere in the vicinity of this star passing through, and had the explosive power of 30 times the size of Tambora. Could be coincidence and might not be related, but it was the first thing that popped into my head as soon as I read it. Something tells me that there would have to be an effect on the gravity between it and the rest of the solar system, with Earth squeezed in between.

Possible, no matter how improbable.

~Namaste

edit on 18-2-2015 by SonOfTheLawOfOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma
a reply to: 3n19m470

Uh huh... Velikovsky's Worlds In Collision ideas, again, might have been discounted too soon, too disdainfully.

Something ...or things... happened in this solar system to upset it.

Retrograde orbits, askew polar orientations ...Venus and Uranus... Triton's orbit... well, they were disturbed or captured from another system... heck, who knows, maybe the local galactic contractor had four too many beers during their lunch break.... OR another star system careened through and livened up the boring dance.

Now we have spotted a likely culprit for our vandalized solar system... though I doubt restitution can be made.

No, if all those things were caused only 70000 years ago the solar system would still be far more disrupted than it is.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Hmm 70,000 years ago ai...

As story gos by, we Tamils come from a land sunk 65,000 years ago.. ( we are in 5000 odd recorded calendar year now )

Ps.. We don't have much evidence about us. We face wars and destruction all the time. But there is bits and bobs you can connect...
This theory is Supported by recent official recognition of our language Tamils as most oldest and the advanced language in the world. Google it..
edit on 18-2-2015 by Pandaram because: Ps...

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pandaram
Hmm 70,000 years ago ai...

If you are not familiar with who is Tamils are, ( living under the stone or a murican ) we are around 100 million heads. Lives everywhere. Mainly in India and Sri lanka. We done notable contributions towards modern world like invending E-Mail and Rocket warfare.

edit on 18-2-2015 by Pandaram because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Very interesting thread!

Great discussion.

That said, I just have to say when I saw the thread title, this popped into my head:

So Lister, Rimmer, Cat and Kryton passed by 70,000 years ago....

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ngchunter

True... modify to a few earlier 'pass throughs...'

Could be. Has to be, actually.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   
It has a brown dwarf companion? Sounds like Sinterklaus and his assistant Zwarte Piet.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

Amazing find/share Indigent

Thanks

edit on 2/18/15 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

They were never visible......

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   
That distance is over 63,000 times the distance from Sun to Earth.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Pandaram

I read the wiki on Tamils, interesting stuff I have never heard of it. Do you know much about the history? I read where it said Thai script is based on Tamil script (paraphrasing), my wife is Thai I will ask if she knows anything about this athough I am almost positive she won't.

You claimed they invented e-mail and rockets which kind of goes against current history as far as I know. Do you mean that some Tamil people worked on the projects or something? You aren't suggesting they invented these things in seclusion or apart from the US military or Nazi's are you? I am not saying you are wrong I just thought differently.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 02:59 AM
link   
a reply to: sputniksteve

en.m.wikipedia.org...

en.m.wikipedia.org...

i don't blame you about what you said about current history.
Until I come to Europe. I thought Europeans take drugs and have sex all time.... lol

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 03:30 AM
link   
I was thinking of Nibiru when I read this from the news. The distance it missed was way too long to affect our Solar system any way. 0.8 light years is huge distance, 25 000 times the length between Earth and Sun. No way it could been visible, red dwarfs only emit infrared light, and brown dwarf is invisible, as it doesn't emit any light. Even though the distance was so long, in theory it passed through the Solar system, through outer Oort Cloud. The apparent magnitude of the star was about 11.4, the limit for naked eyes is about 6.5, while faintest object visible to best binoculars is 9.5 in perfect conditions. But it was visible to telescopes.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 03:33 AM
link   
That would also fit into a belief held via the study of our genome that humans suffered a bottleneck of 10000 to 15000 thousand people 50000 to 100000 thousand years ago.

Possibly the cause of an event that was a very close ELE for us.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 04:26 AM
link   

That's a really good question. Nice to see these things crop up without expecting it. We expected one moving star - we got two. Now there's a mystery.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Wikipedia says that "comets perturbed from the Oort cloud would require roughly 2 million years to get to the inner Solar System." So it's too early to say whether that star has sent any comet our way, the humanity won't know this for another million years or so (if we are still here and have not gone extinct or relocated to another system).

en.wikipedia.org...

Here it is in Sky-Map.com

There's some tiny amount of movement apparent between images taken by WISE, 2MASS, and DSS sky surveys.

I calculate that if this star moved from 1 ly to 20 ly in 70,000 years, it moved at the rate of 1 ly per 3500 years, or 191,605 mph (308,358 kph). That's one speedy star.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I'm little baffled that nobody has tried to explain the second moving star in ngchunter's .gif...?

I was expecting a Phage slam-dunk within about two minutes, but a day later and nothing..?!

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   

No, not if planets settle themselves by (elektro)magnetisme and not by gravity.
If I remember well from the theory.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join