It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are humans a virus on this planet?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Maybe there is a species of alien present somewhere in the universe that would be so large that we would look like a virus or parasite if they viewed us. Living off our host ( Earth) and slowly killing it. Just a thought.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 06:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

We are unique in the fact that we can alter our actions consciously with the motivation of helping others and the planet. But we choose not to for many reasons. Perhaps this is why some people are self loathing with regards to our species?

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Joe feels we were created to be the "Bacteria" that feeds upon the Earth same as mold on a sandwich! lol kind of a "Meathead" approach but the more I think about it the more it resonates...smh

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Nurelic

At this moment in time.... ISIS are the virus!!

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Okay so to be clear, your version of "bettering the world" really comes down to not doing as much damage. I get that. Don't think I can agree we're "killing the planet", though. We're not powerful enough for that. Even lobbing all the atomic weapons we have at once would be... not nearly enough. People need to keep in mind the Earth has been at work for billions of years. We've been causing damage on a massive global scale for a few centuries. It's a big deal that ~200 species per day are dying out, but c'mon... Earth has bounced back from much worse. Who are we to think that any one set of conditions is ideal for a planet, and why does this planet even matter in the grand scheme of things? It always comes back down to our oh so limited perspectives, and desire to feel as if we're somehow extra special. The earth vanishes tomorrow, and the cosmos continues to do it's thing, and life goes on. I don't get this "save the planet" stuff.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Nurelic

I wouldn't say a virus or bacteria, I would say cancer of the planet. Growth for the sake of growth is the ideology of the cancer cell.
Edward Abbey

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: pl3bscheese

We've been causing damage on a massive global scale for a few centuries. It's a big deal that ~200 species per day are dying out, but c'mon... Earth has bounced back

Get real, do you think the human species has the 70 million years, 70,000, or even 70 years required to bounce back. Human kind is destroying this planet. We probably don't even have 7 years because we have destroyed nearly ever eco-system on this planet. How do you think we are going to feed ourselves when the Ocean is dead?!!! The world is dying because of stupidity like yours. You have no conception of the damage we are doing and how shortsighted and moronic can you be to not even perceive damage as damage? Typical scientifically illiterate republican rhetoric.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Tangerine

I'm not.
Just responding, as asked by the OP

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Tangerine

"At this point we can better the world by not interfering with nature."

Pandemics, for example, are a natural occurrence; we should not fight pandemics ? We should just let people die ?

" Apart from that, the notion of bettering the world is ludicrous. "
Fighting forest fires betters the world.
Irrigation projects betters the world.
These are "ludicrous" ?

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   
What if there was a species on this planet that started to greatly contribute to the well being of Earth and helped heal it for many many years? Over a period of enough time would the Earth somehow start to take notice and would that species begin to evolve in such a way that they would become healthier and live longer lives as a result to ensure the survival of that species, since they are extremely beneficial to Earth's health?...

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: M5xaz

So your just gonna take the negative to prove your point? Lol we are animals that haven't found our niche we must live in equilibrium with the earth it's that simple. Every other animal has done it but our blind faith in ourselves thinks we can somehow manipulate earth to our will and we can't.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I'm thinking more of a mobile high rise, one of those cities within a building with its own zipcode, and the residents are all the viruses and bacteria and multicellular organisms we are made of... not one singular virus bit an accumulation of the success one virus could possibly reach.. aside from being the virus that wipes us all out.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join