It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Wants Unemployed Youth to Do Unpaid Work for the State. State Sponsored Slavery or.....?

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

[\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252
[\fonttbl\f0\fnil\fcharset0 TrebuchetMS;]
[\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red104\green102\blue100;\red254\green252\blue250;]
\deftab720
\pard\pardeftab720\partightenfactor0

\f0\fs36 \cf2 \cb3 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0
\outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2
]

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   
That's the problem with all you lot sticking up for the lazy benefit scroungers, you are all looney left wing labour supporters, the people who caused this benefit culture in the first place.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Aspiecant really take you seriously with that Adof Merkel banner. I'll take it you've never visited Germany

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Aspie

So we are all lunatics for demanding or wishing to see the people paid the minimum wage?

May I suggest it's yourself that has issues. I find your inability to empathise with others, or people of lesser means to be rather alarming. So sad.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aspie
That's the problem with all you lot sticking up for the lazy benefit scroungers, you are all looney left wing labour supporters, the people who caused this benefit culture in the first place.

Away and have a wank over yer picture of Maggie. Feel free knock one out to right wing fascist Ian Duncan Smith while yer at it.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aspie

The day I start listening to suggestions from someone with a Swastika in their avatar is the day I just about give up.
Honestly... you sound like a bitter, angry and hateful person.

I feel sorry for you.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Don't go getting a manners and decorum warning for that moronic racist mate. The person for want of a better word is simply not worth it.

edit on 26-2-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Or perhaps more accurately 'we' have at least some compassion left within us and we see the injustice in targeting the most vulnerable and needy in our society.

And maybe 'we' also recognise that stigmatising and victimising the many for the acts of the few is simply immoral.

And finally 'we' still believe in the old maxim 'An honest days pay for an honest days work'.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Weighing in slightly late (again) but just wanted to add...

A lot of the people deploring this move are pointing out the "honest day's pay" motto. And I agree with it wholeheartedly. If people were made to start working for their benefits it'd be a dark place.

BUT!!!

We seem to be forgetting the proposal, which states people who claim for six months are the ones who will have to work for their money.

SIX MONTHS.

I don't know about you, but the longest I've signed on for is 8 weeks. I'd been waiting for "the right job for me" when my mum took me aside and pointed out that any work is good work, and I've been working since. After losing my first job, I signed on for a day, and had a new job the day after. The trick is to remember that work is work, and the chances of the perfect job waiting for you are incredibly miniscule.

Britain has three types of people on jobseekers;
1. People who genuinely use the money to tide them over until they get another job doing whatever.
2. People who want to work but maybe not doing that job. Or that one. That one sounds good, but they wanted an extra £100 a week on top of the wage it's offering.
3. People who abuse the system and have absolutely no intention of getting a job if they can avoid it.

Oddly, it's also the latter 2 groups who complain about "all the bluddy forinners tekkin' ahr jobs" when in fact if they pulled their fingers out, swallowed their pride and knuckled down there'd be no jobs to go to all those "Bluddy forinners." It's also the latter 2 groups who are costing the British taxpayer billions.
Anyone who's been signing on for six months has no intention of getting a job and deserves to be made to work for their benefits. They are, obviously, all free to stop signing on and stay in bed all day, or get a job that pays them their decent wage and contribute to society before they become a part of the benefit culture.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Well said Jack. But according to 90% of the people on this thread, all left wing labour, your group number 3 people don't exist, it's all a myth created by the media.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Well at least your starting to see the medias influence on the subject. Took you a while

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

I think you better read again. It's not me that thinks it's a myth created by the media. It's the labour left wing dogooders on this thread that do.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   

So everyone who disagrees with you and has an alternative viewpoint is automatically a 'labour left wing dogooder'?

You do seem to enjoy labelling and stereotyping people don't you.

If you bothered to reread my posts I'm sure you'd see that I have nothing but contempt for politicians from all political party's and the out of date, unfit for purpose, amoral and corrupt system which they serve.

In addition, I have a particular dislike for the PC Brigade whose interference and social engineering experiments are just as detrimental to the majority of the British people as are the callous and vindictive policies of the current administration.

But if I'm being honest; if I had to be stereotyped as anything I'd prefer to be labelled as a Pinko leftist who actually cares about the most needy and vulnerable in our society rather than a self-centred Right Winger who approves of their victimisation and virtual persecution.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Well why don't you support them in getting off their lazy fat idle arses and getting into work?

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 02:07 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Let me separate the issues I see in today's Welfare.... too many people that are capable of working for their checks are not doing so. I do understand there are those that cannot work and do need services and basic living help. I also know of people simply choosing not to work and willing to take money when there is important work to be done, such as the mentioned WPA and CCC. Yes, we should look out for our brothers and sisters in life but fraud and cheating hurts them most of all. I saw a video of a reporter asking kids what they wanted to be when they grew up. One of them said, a Welfare Mom. No doubt, she saw an example of this in her life. Stay at home, get a check, contribute... what? Reform is needed.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Why work stupid hours doing something that knackers you in order to be no better off than when you are on the dole? Or in some cases, worse off.

We need to get a handle on the low skilled workforce, stop importing 300,000 migrant workers every year and wages will start to rise as the supply/demand equation of labour normalises.

All those folks opposing UKIP's policies on mass immigration are in effect saying 9My jjob isn't affected, so you earn less so I don't have to pay so much for the stuff i buy).

Not wanting to work 40+hours a week for a subsistence wage isn't lazy, it's normal.
Sort out the supply of labour and we won't need to rely on minimum wage legislation or force benefit claimants into jobs they hate, they'll be able to earn a living and the vast majority will happily leave behind life on the dole for a decent living.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 06:02 AM
link   
a reply to: jaxnmarko

I will tell you now, that cheating far higher up the chain is costing this country more in misspent tax money, evaded tax, avoided tax, and overcharging on the part of the "private partners" that our government are in bed with, hands down. We are talking about tens of billions per department, that never flows back into our economy, is not spent in shops and on utilities here in this country, that to all intents and purposes, vanishes from sight and does us no good.

There ARE a very small percentage of people who are on out of work benefit, whose claims may be questionable. That much is true. But going after them, and messing with the lives of EVERY person who receives those benefits, before curtailing the much larger corporate level theft of our taxes by companies with which our government has contracts, is nothing short of ludicrous. The government have spent a fair amount of time as of late, performing disgust and disdain toward those they accuse of cheating the system, but have failed entirely to publicly recognise the theft which occurs as a direct result of poorly regulated interaction between big businesses, and our government.

This obfuscation, which it surely must be given that there is no way to accidentally overlook these issues, is ideologically driven, and comes from the desire of the current establishment, on both sides, all sides of the house, to remain able to do back room deals with faceless entities, rather than gain their power from the people, in the proper, and democratic fashion. This is a problem which has been brewing for a great many years, and not one party has shown any intention of cleaning that huge mess up, and frankly, until that mess gets tidied away with total rigidity, not a single citizen affected by benefits related issues, should hear a bad word said about them from the direction of Westminster.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 06:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

But if I'm being honest; if I had to be stereotyped as anything I'd prefer to be labelled as a Pinko leftist who actually cares about the most needy and vulnerable in our society rather than a self-centred Right Winger who approves of their victimisation and virtual persecution.

....Carry on....

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 06:21 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

Quite - it always baffles me when people try to separate out immigration into a "racist issue" as if it has no impact on anything else but the "right wing".. Let's look at some figures, shall we?

Ne migration into the UK since 1999 has averaged around 200,000 people per year...

Ok, say we already know that much of the immigration is from Eastern EU countries and that those people tend to do low-paid/low-skilled work or seasonal work (such as farming). Those are jobs that people could do from within the UK, we do not need to import workers - JackofBlades mentioned this earlier, with his "3 types of benefit claimants".

We also have a "housing crisis".. How bad is it? Well, apparently, we need to build 200,000 homes a year to meet demand... Does that number sound familiar? If we controlled immigration, then we can get a handle on that particular problem as well.

Then there is the impact on Schooling, Health services, local infrastructure etc which people don't seem to consider when they weigh up the "economic benefit" to the UK from migrants. This adds costs such as translation services which are required, more teaching assistants to assist foreign students in catching up etc.

Since the 2000 the UK has seen it's population grow by around 3 million people - there are peaks and troughs, but average net migration is 200,000 per year over the past 15 years, with some years hitting 500,000.

That is 3 million extra people over and above the existing population growth which has not been planned or budgeted for by any Government. This is why there is a squeeze on public spending, debates about whether the health service is affordable etc. It is because there are simply far too many people living here than can be reasonably coped with under our existing infrastructure.

But you can ignore all this and cry "racist", "bigot" or "UKIP nutjobs" all you like - the numbers don't lie.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Pretty sure romney mentioned this as well when he was running for president

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24 >>

join