It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Acceptance is the most important message we can spread

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

I think it's foolish to sit by an "accept" a culture that is actively trying to destroy and disrupt Earth society as it has evolved to function over the last 6,000 years

Civilization is only 6000 years old? Is this based on creation myths from the bible? What Earth society? I didnt know there was a unified pan "earth" society.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Borisbanger

Lets first learn to accept one another however extreme and then lets work together for a better future.

a reply to: onequestion

How does that work if somebody is determined to kill you

Story time...

Many moons ago, I had struck up a friendship with one of my neighbours. She seemed a little lost, and I was hoping to bring a little light into her life.

I like Jane's family and went over there to give her son a hand with some computer stuff.Unfortunately, her son wasn't home and she had already fallen to sleep.I started talking to John (her ex), and things became heated quickly...

John was in a bad mood.He looked like he was up for too long, and I could feel the tension in the room.

As he raised his voice, "You're all liars!You are a liar!"

I had hoped I could hook him up some work, by looking to get him on the project I was on.He went as far as mentioning that he would be willing to fork over his first weeks wages.He was in rough shape.I wanted him to get back to work. I wasn't interested in his money.

(At the time I knew another hand, a rather extroverted one at that.We used to ride the bus together, and he did construction too.An older fella, very friendly though he clearly marched to the beat of his own drummer.I like him, but sensed a shade of loneliness about him.I recall this all took place around Easter Time.Over dinner that day, he told me he met someone.A nice older women, he really liked her.)

The reason Jane's ex was furious, was his doubts about my efforts to find him work.I actually talked to numerous employees and they echoed the same thing I told him.He had to head down to the office, and apply.John, wouldn't look me in the eye, as he told me he knew what I thought about him, and how everyone who lives around here lies...

I asked him why he was so worked up, he started becoming very angry.

He said earlier that evening, he was over visiting with Jane over at her boyfriend's. They all got into the wine, and things got intense pretty quick. He was angry at her boyfriend who had promised to get him work.He described how the guy belittled him, and how he wanted to dice him up.(literally,
)The guy was really arrogant, telling him he would put John in his place and things started escalating.

Something clicked, as I realized who he was talking about.That older fella, can appear rather arrogant.He's really proud of his home and hard work.Not wise, but hell, alcohol always did most of his talking.He's the type who goes down fighting.Sounded like he had really put John down, by zeroing in on his insecurities.There's plenty when you are long since between jobs, scared, and worried about your family.

Did her boyfriend threatened him?he said no. I asked him, why he wanted to kill him. He told me, "I'm going to jump off the bridge, and take my dog with me!"

He was seeing red, furious.

Weeks earlier, he had some work lined up far away.He had offered me good money to live with his son.I had his trust, but hadn't gotten back to him. He was beside himself, extremely scared about who would look after his son, if he left up north.He was already overdue, and cuz Jane didn't have her act together, he couldn't leave.(She met the crazy older fella.)

She was supposed to be back east by then, and John desperately had wanted his son to move with him. Their son refused, and wouldn't go.Rage blindsided John, and began throwing stuff everywhere.He pulled out his blade. and did a very good job intimidating me.It got real bad.Getting hurt wasn't as scary as the temptation to resort to using deadly force instead of a better way.Darkness started taking him over, as he uttered more about death and killing people, himself, and taking everybody with him, including me.I didn't see this coming.

I asked him if I threatened him, and he told me no.So I asked him,"What was the problem then?"

He slowed enough to admit his father gave him a loan.He had been ashamed to ask.Enough money to get him up north, and cover all his expenses until he got paid.He described his dad as an upright, kind hearted, man who always did his best for the family.His father was apparently in his twilight years and was the last resort when it came to looking for help.He promised his dad the money yesterday, but blew the money on drugs and alcohol.

Damn. this guy was in a world of pain.

They irony of the situation overwhelmed me.I told him how my own father, and grand parents disowned me.It had been years since we had talked at that point.I had tried, and tried.I told him I wish my dad put some effort into me, anger, disappointment, anything.My heart was broken, John didn't need to be perfect he just needed to try.The little he was doing, was more then my dad did for so long.Giving up, wouldn't make anything better.

I told him he wasn't thinking straight, and he started to melt. I told him I am a father, and that we need to think about our children first.The world would be over without us being there for them, and I will do whatever it takes to be there for them. He understood what I meant, and showed me the door. I left, grateful nobody got hurt.
edit on 5-5-2015 by dffrntkndfnml because: misc

edit on 5-5-2015 by dffrntkndfnml because: couldn't see Borisbangers quote before

edit on 5-5-2015 by dffrntkndfnml because: grammer

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Acceptance = trust and understanding. Another critical factor relating to the most important hormone in the body: oxytocin. Doubt and uncertainty off-set trust and understanding and lead to a lack of acceptance. So I guess everybody needs to always try to be "in somebody else's shoes" mentally to try to get a handle on what they are all about.

I have definitely felt myself to be unaccepted overall by society at large LOL, but I am sort of at peace with all of that. I would agree that humanity needs to work together and understand and accept each other, but on the other hand, I can understand why there are different groups of people - religious and other categories etc - where people of like-minds can work together. Because, generally speaking, there is an incredible amount of ignorance out there in the world and it is often hard to see eye to eye with your neighbors. So much suspicion and uncertainty.

I tend to understand and accept most people, and don't really have anger for people, but I have a considerable amount of self-doubt and tend to avoid getting close to others.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 03:47 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

i agree with you.....but may i ask you one question....?...

I have noticed that you refuse to answer people in threads if they disagree with you and or do not see things the way you do....what does acceptance mean to you ?
edit on 6-5-2015 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: bad layout

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Most people don't accept themselves or their own lives, there's no chance of accepting others until one has accepted themselves and their own life.
edit on 14-5-2015 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join