It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photographer Stumbles Upon Century Old Pet Cemetery

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Very old and fascinating discovery in the ruins of Katrina. A 100 year old Pet Cemetery.

Visiting New Orleans, Ohio native Seph Lawless was astonished to find a pet cemetery dating back more than 100 years tucked away in swampland. “The house that used to run the cemetery had fallen because of Hurricane Katrina and yet the vines were still in the shape of the house, so it was like there was a ghost of the house there

And this sums it all up for me:

“It was just extraordinarily creepy,” he added.”I’ve never been in a place that was so haunting and creepy than this place.” Lawless, however, said he was touched by the “relationship between pets and their owners.”

I for one would like to see it. Creepy? You betcha! But to see grave stones from the pet owners with their last words uttered to them would be an amazing journey through time. One pet was even named Satan but no idea as to what it was.
I know that many of us have had either a dog or cat with that moniker. Either their real name or just in passing. My guess? CAT! (little spawns of hell)

But most likely a 130lb pure black monster of a canine.

And this one is a little strange as well:

“It was very moving what they wrote on the (tombstones). One in particular put dog food that’s sitting over 30 years,” he said.

He wrote the book “Pet Cemetery…In Loving Memory.” after his experience.

Just another addition to our new and beloved Pets Forum.

Peace

edit on 17-2-2015 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   
No mention of an ancient Indian burial ground behind it, right?

Your right, it would be cool, yet creepy to see. I would love to.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: jude11

Awesome Thread S&F! Gotta LOVE the "Lassie" stone in the cemetery..lol I'D LOVE to wander round the old cemetery's in Nawlins!
Cheers
edit on 2/17/2015 by DjembeJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
No mention of an ancient Indian burial ground behind it, right?

Your right, it would be cool, yet creepy to see. I would love to.

I think creepier than a human burial ground IMO.

Peace

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: DjembeJedi
a reply to: jude11

Awesome Thread S&F! Gotta LOVE the "Lassie" stone in the cemetery..lol I'D LOVE to wander round the old cemetery's in Nawlins!
Cheers

If you ever do make it there be sure to take some pics for us back on ATS.

Peace

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Great find! I have heard of pet cemeteries before, though they re rare. I find any cemetery eerie, yet peaceful at the same time.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
Great find! I have heard of pet cemeteries before, though they re rare. I find any cemetery eerie, yet peaceful at the same time.

If I ever walked thru this place and heard a faint "Meow"...I can't say that I'd be responsible for what happened next.

Peace

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: jude11

“It was very moving what they wrote on the (tombstones). One in particular put dog food that’s sitting over 30 years,” he said.

how is this possible? ive seen dog food that had sat outside for one year turn to dust! water gets into it expands it and it crumbles away, in new orleans?! hot, humid, once flooded! i just dont see how thats possible, more believable yet still a stretch would be the owners still visit yearly and put fresh dog food on the stone...

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: pryingopen3rdeye

originally posted by: jude11

how is this possible? ive seen dog food that had sat outside for one year turn to dust! water gets into it expands it and it crumbles away, in new orleans?! hot, humid, once flooded! i just dont see how thats possible, more believable yet still a stretch would be the owners still visit yearly and put fresh dog food on the stone...

Yeah could be family. Unless it's been petrified.

Or perhaps it's just some animal feces. Thought about that as well. Very large rabbit?

Peace

top topics

join