It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Italy Fears ISIS Invasion From Libya

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: DelMarvel

Sometimes sacrifices need to be made in order to get a job done.

Sorry for saying this but it's true.

And also, yes some of these 'Migrants' are trying honestly to get away from wars in their own Country's but how many are we honestly supposed to take? Times are hard everywhere and we don't know who these 'Migrants' actually are, just look at what happened to 'Rigby' in Greenwich as an example.

We are at War officially I think.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

This is all just chicken little sky is falling hysteria. ISIS is a big problem but let's not give in to their psychological tactics.

They don't have that many men and they can only tenuously hold some territory in destabilized areas with a sympathetic population. Even most Muslims don't want to live under their rule when push comes to shove.

They can't even invade Iraqi Kurdistan or Baghdad and they're right there. Or Jordan or western Syria or Israel or Lebanon or Turkey for that matter. They could maybe , MAYBE stage some kind of minor suicide raid in Europe and that would be it.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Sometimes sacrifices need to be made in order to get a job done.

That's just a meaningless platitude. No offense. Of course sacrifices need to be made. But let's think in terms of long range strategy and not be idiots. We've been bumbling about like bulls in a china shop in the region for 12 years.

And I said nothing about immigration one way or the other.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Apparently another terrorist group in Libya as got their hands on some planes.

looking for link

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: RustyHook
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Yes unbelievably mighty fine. They are being allowed to roam the destabilised countries, otherwise they would have been obliterated already.

There is no way that ISIS can just walk into Europe like that. They don't even have an airforce or a navy.

And what happens if/when they attack an airbase in Eygpt or Libya? If they win the battle, they will then have Aircraft!

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Maybe they will see 'Italy' as more easier target and unprepared. 'Iraq' 'Syria' have armies prepared already as they have been fighting for many years! Do you know what I mean?

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: RustyHook
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Yes unbelievably mighty fine. They are being allowed to roam the destabilised countries, otherwise they would have been obliterated already.

There is no way that ISIS can just walk into Europe like that. They don't even have an airforce or a navy.

And what happens if/when they attack an airbase in Eygpt or Libya? If they win the battle, they will then have Aircraft!

That's a joke right?

1) they need to be trained pilots
2) they likely won't have combat flight training
3) the plans they will capture would be a handful of 3rd fighters or 4th gen fighters at best
4) they will need tec and maintaince staff
5) they will need Spare parts ect.
6) most equipment is us or eu made and we won't be selling them the spare parts and ammunition so they will be useless
7) stuff that is not us or eu built will be old Russian crap

So I put it to you that even IF Isis capture a handful of planes and even if they have a few pilots and they can get them in the air. USAF or even the RAF in Cyprus with highly trained pilots and 5th and 4.5 gen fighters would shoot them down before they have barely taken off if they haven't carpet bombed the captured airbase in the first place.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

To put it another way:
RAF well trained pilot in a typhoon verse a jihad joe that can barely fly in a badly maintained plane= Slaughter

USN well trained pilot in F18 verse jihad joe who can barely fly in poorly maintained plane = slaughter

USAF well trained piloit in f15/16 verse jihad joe who can barely fly in poorly maintained plane= slaughter

USAF well trained piloit in a f22 ...... Well that would be like squashing ants.
edit on 18-2-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Ok... you make a fair point but I was just countering the poster who said that they will never have aircraft!

It is a possibility but as you say will most likely get shot down before they've left the airbase!

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   

a reply to: crazyewok

Ok... you make a fair point but I was just countering the poster who said that they will never have aircraft!

It is a possibility but as you say will most likely get shot down before they've left the airbase!

You just have too look at the ease ano fly zone usa / France and UK put on Libya when they had a trained airforce under gaddafi or the scrap metal we made of saddams airforce....

edit on 18-2-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Knowing history, they'll probably convert and switch to their side, till they start losing, and cause a mutiny, hanging the leader, switching back like nothing happened.
edit on 18-2-2015 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   
How do you say "Allah akbar" in Italian?

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Maybe they will see 'Italy' as more easier target and unprepared. 'Iraq' 'Syria' have armies prepared already as they have been fighting for many years! Do you know what I mean?

The Iraqi army is a joke. Half of them took off their uniforms and ran away when ISIL attacked. That ain't going to happen if they somehow manage to "invade' a NATO country. I seriously doubt the military and police state apparatus of any nation in western Europe can be described as "unprepared."

Once again, I'm talking about an outright attack which appears to be the topic of the thread. Hit and run terrorism would be another thing but I actually wonder about their current capabilities there as well.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: DelMarvel

The Iraqi army is a joke. Half of them took off their uniforms and ran away when ISIL attacked. That ain't going to happen if they somehow manage to "invade' a NATO country. I seriously doubt the military and police state apparatus of any nation in western Europe can be described as "unprepared."

Once again, I'm talking about an outright attack which appears to be the topic of the thread. Hit and run terrorism would be another thing but I actually wonder about their current capabilities there as well.

Exactly

Most of europe police are likely better trained and equiped than the iraqi army.

NATO has 21st century equipment and training.

A toe to toe open battle with ISIS would be slaughter.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: St Udio~~~posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 21:12

I am emphasizing this brief line of thought in a post I made way before today...

...did anyone here attempt to analyse the 21 Coptic Christians Video & Message of the victims beheaded on the Sea Shore?

... it was very important that the very large, hooded in black, executioners give the visual impression that the
'Soldiers for the Caliph' are 'Giants' compared to the Egyptians in orange
jumpsuits being led to the slaughter...

here is the link to this Johnny-come-lately 'news' from the MSM...

the article:
"Terrorism

ISIS' army of 7-footers? Experts say video of Copt beheadings manipulated

By Malia Zimmerman
·Published February 21, 2015

...Video of 21 Egyptian Coptic Christians being marched along a Libyan beach before being beheaded by black-clad members of ISIS is hard for any civilized person to watch,...
...the jihadists featured in the film look to be more than 7 feet tall, towering as much as two feet above their victims

“The shot that seems really tampered with is the one with the really tall Jihadists and the dwarf Christians.”
- Mary Lambert, horror film director~

·FoxNews.com
"
www.foxnews.com...

so, fellow members... just another example of how ATS eyes and minds steadily precede the analysts from MSM..in this case about the ritual beheadings of the Coptics by way oversized Giant Terrorists is a ploy by ISIS to instill a psychotic fear into the western world news and the hearts & minds of non-Jihadist Muslims in the Levant about the power and scope (practical scope and Mystical attributes to the Caliphate/radical Jihadists of IS, et al)

ATS first told of the 'Giants' on 17 Feb... the MSM (FOX news.com) broke their revelation 4 days later on the 21st of Feb...I say you = we are the winning team

edit on st28142455593021582015 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join