It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It IS TIME to build the car MTSU Drove across the USA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   
There are other colleges I am sure who have made inroads to replacing gasoline. I am posting links to things that are proven to work.

The primer:
www.tnenvironment.com...

agreenroad.blogspot.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

I have seen the prototype car NISSAN of N. America built over 20 years ago. It has never failed to win 1st place, to my knowledge, in alternative fuel contests. Phage attempted to 'debunk' it in an early thread I started. I think, if he has further studied it, he will be on board with this idea. The company that provided the electrolysis device to the NASA space shuttle and the ISS, asked the School to pay $1 Million (I think in a clear attempt to stop the project) for it shortly after Dr Cliff Ricketts was presented with the prototype.You could contact this Ag Professor to this day at MTSU in Murfreesboro TN. And I am sure you can hear him describe how they were playing hard ball with him. Being creative, he talked the Tennessee Valley Authority into help him crack the water and compress it in cylinders until the expenses can be manageable. Eventually, MTSU set up solar panels and worked the solar angle.
The EPA has events where the environmentalist like me can discuss coming changes. One year about 20 years back when Clinton was in the White House, a then young star of the EPA speaking to the states designated environmentalist's was highly agitated at us over something pollution related to automobiles and said "You people don't deserve automobiles". To which, during a question and answer session, I asked what about the car that they can split the water atom into H2 and O2 for on demand use that uses a solar panel to start the process?.Upon pointing out the car that MTSU built, an even more prestigious employee of the EPA stated (paraphrasing) "Big Oil controls our government behind closed doors". The 100's of scientist in that ballroom became upset at that point, calling them idiots for cramming more regulations down our throats, thwarting growth of business in the US, driving it to places like China to just destroy the Earth while this alternative fuel idea was ignored. Most of you would be proud of our effort to bring this exciting tech to consumers world wide only to be crushed by inaction of the EPA who claim to be about preserving the environment. Obvious to me that our governments are still controlled by "big oil" or the power that oil gives a select few governments over all of mankind. But even more so, an attempt to maintain control of economy's by an apparently powerful group of people hell bent on taking money from us while ignoring better plans. Skeptics will have a hard time saying it won't work because it is working now.

edit on 17-2-2015 by Justoneman because: grammar needed tweaking

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

Sadly, genuine innovation will not occur in the US.

On energy, finance, civil liberty or human health. These are all Fascist captures.
Start looking around at other countries.
Better to be ahead of the rush.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

I think it can happen but it takes education of our fellow 'slaves', if you will, to overthrow their political apparatus in play here. Science will be our champion, as long as we can overcome those now who would make money off of a CO2 tax scheme that would not be needed if the by products of combustion are only Water and NO2.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I was under the impression that using hydrogen was not efficient. The amount of energy required for electrolysis is greater that the output gained from the hydrogen.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71
I was under the impression that using hydrogen was not efficient. The amount of energy required for electrolysis is greater that the output gained from the hydrogen.

We all were brother.. However, I find it is not if you use the stored output of the Sun (solar panels) in batteries to kick start enough H2 to allow the action of the motor spinning, There is a loss of energy to the system but the Sun has plenty of it to spare for us on this Earth at this time. Remember it is already proven that it works and the car wins 1st prizes.
edit on 17-2-2015 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   

My wife drives 25 miles to work and 25 miles back 5 days a week. I wonder how big of a solar bank it would take to keep her on the road?
Just curious..

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71

My wife drives 25 miles to work and 25 miles back 5 days a week. I wonder how big of a solar bank it would take to keep her on the road?
Just curious..

Small solar panel with batteries in the garage is one design i saw. This professor is using the TVA stuff now. But his original design is H2 on demand.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Hoosierdaddy71

One can charge the fuel cell/H2 storage overnight and use the H2 with another design, not at my fingertips, that I believe will work.

bravenewclimate.com...

affordablehydrogenfuelcells.webs.com...

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   
With newer tech in batteries and them being a lot lighter and faster to charge than SLA batteries, I bet this is closer to being a reality then ever before. I can't imagine the amount of energy required to propel a car powered by SLA batteries...

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Because the US is run by a corporate Oligarchy technology and techniques are suppressed in many industries including Automotive.

Eventually the common man is going to see this for what it really is thanks to the internet and rising awareness. And the end game will include criminal trials for these criminals. Especially in areas of healthcare and drug companies.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   

I think the main issue isn't that company's like Ford or Toyota do not want to get into these fields, it's the transitioning of technologies, the hoops they need to jump through to get approvals, etc.

Back in the early 90's Ford actually had a fully functioning Ranger pick up truck that was electric, it lasted a long time, it was durable, and still had pick up capabilities. Chevy, Dodge, Toyota, all of them were on board. But all those vehicles were recalled and vanished. The main reason was they didn't know how to mass produce it without taking a lose.

Company's like Tesla work because they started with electric only facilities, and can build from there.
The city I live in has a massive Ford plant, it's the head quarters for Ford Canada as well. I can't even imagine the overhaul, the training, the approvals they would need to just get electric going, let alone a whole new technology.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I used to think think it might cost too much also.. But Nissan built the prototype by slightly altering the valves on an existing motor, they normally put in their car, to handle the higher temp that H2 burns in our atmosphere.. Seems to me, someone really is holding it back. I am not going to say that Nissan wants to do it but i do suspect someone does want to build it at Nissan. A BMW that is coming out is a similar concept and if it wasn't a "Beamer" that $100 k price tag would be more in the 60$k range. Meanwhile i believe we can find more examples of running H2 engines doing work if we look a bit more.... Still a bit pricey for the common man, me included, but a bit more likely to be a profitable product with some mass purchasing. Imagine if we could pull up to a water hose or a pond and fuel up.

Last week someone at work found the story about a bacteria that has been altered to produce liquid fuel using solar panels as an energy source to "kick-start" the bacteria. Maybe, someone here can find that for us.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Concept is the key word. It's an exception outside the norm of your typical electric or combustion engine.
Sure we do have the technology, and a lot of the big car makers do recognize it, but can you fathom the mass production of these vehicles?

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman
There are other colleges I am sure who have made inroads to replacing gasoline.

Until the price of oil increases by a lot none of them are necessary or cost effective. Yanks love their big inefficient cars too much, and there are too many idiots like these

edit on 17-2-2015 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=19016937]hellobruce[/post

That triggered a thought. I Forgot to mention that the prototype vehicle made the Hydrogen powered speed record at the Bonneville salt flats and the transmission gearing was not at that time prepared to the Professor's initial request. Thus allowing us Yanks a chance to keep those powerful engines that empowers one and gives a true feeling of the freedom to pursue happiness concept so many on Earth embrace.

I certainly get that having rocket ship qualities of power on a personal vehicle is a bit overkill for many but it sure is fun. Fun often propels innovations that ratchet up the desire for more. More power under the hood, in this case. Once one has driven at speeds that convey several G forces on the body, there is a thrill factor that makes the Indianapolis and Daytona racing events become desired. I recall getting to drive a 6 cylinder version of the NASCAR series race car on one of their tracks, designed for such activities, at tremendous speeds. I was simply thinking I was "flying" as the instructors voice echoed in my head. "This is not like strapping a rocket to your butt". When indeed it felt like I had control of a rocket at my disposal as I "put the pedal to the metal" and reached max speeds of 170 mph. That especially inefficient car was an absolute thrill seeker moment as any I could have ever imagined. I would rather we all had a chance to feel that controlled power.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman
I recall getting to drive a 6 cylinder version of the NASCAR series race car on one of their tracks, designed for such activities, at tremendous speeds.

NASCAR eh, I have heard of that. However in the civilised world in motor racing they have found these things called "corners", in both the Left hand and Right hand variety, even with different angles and mixed up! eg

Also it appears NASCAR has yet to discover OHC engines, unlike most of the rest of the world where the vast majority of engines are OHC!

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: hellobruce

TOUCHE',, I do like the corners too! We did this type of racing when i was young for the pink slips... Not me, because I wanted to live to a ripe old age. Yet, it is a lot safer to race on a left hand turn for 500 miles and exciting when people rub fenders at 205 mph. STAR for you!
edit on 18-2-2015 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Tesla announces a new battery for the house too... Might be coming together nicely after all. Let us hope.

www.theverge.com...

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce
Also it appears NASCAR has yet to discover OHC engines, unlike most of the rest of the world where the vast majority of engines are OHC!

Due to the airflow, power, and fuel flow regulations of NASCAR, OHC would be a lot of extra moving parts for no gain (OHV engines already need to be limited down to meet spec).

Has nothing to do with technological competency.

I believe that they are going to be reducing the maximum power again, this year.

top topics

join