It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Refused to Give Jordan, Egypt Information on ISIS Targets

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

What cloth is that?

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   
For starters, I don't believe the story is even factual. I mean, Ollie North? Really? I guess everybody knows that he's a truth teller extraordinaire.

But even if it was true, it makes a lot of sense to let Egypt & Jordan compile their own target list.

The last thing I want to hear when one of them bombs the crap out of an orphanage or hospital is; " The Americans told us to bomb here!"

I for one, am quite content to let them find their own targets.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Perhaps this might have compromised missions already in progress. Or put Jordanians or Egyptians in harm's way.

I'm sure they're cooperating in other ways.

Perhaps there's more to this (either good or bad) than they're going to tell us or any alleged journalists.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   
A) Jordan is part of the Arab coalition conducting air strikes against ISIS in Syria and Iraq along with the U.S. Why would the U.S. not share targeting info?

B) From what I can find, Oliver North appears to be the only source of this story. What's he been doing lately besides working on video games and T.V. shows that gives him access to inside information like this?

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: DelMarvel

Because they don't share unedited overhead imagery. Which is needed for targeting.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Considering Oliver's past i doubt anyone would trust him with this sensitive information.Not to say the administration isn't keeping this intel but am saying consider the source.
edit on CSTTuepm2461 by TDawg61 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Even if this is true, I quite understand it. When giving Intel on a target you inevitably give Intel on your acquisition of the Intel. Military guys know this, they often ask for non necessary Intel purely for this reason. Consider the ramifications of leaking positions of enemy in the context of covert surveillance and you may begin to understand why there might be reticence to share. After all, if I tell bobby I saw sue kissing Fred, bobby, Fred and sue now know where I was. Just my opinion in the case of this being true. Think about the long game, card games etc...

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   
There is this from WSJ:

U.S. to Give Some Syria Rebels Ability to Call Airstrikes
After training, moderate rebels to get pickups with gear to call for American B-1B bombers

WASHINGTON—The U.S. has decided to provide pickup trucks equipped with mounted machine guns and radios for calling in U.S. airstrikes to some moderate Syrian rebels, seeking to replicate the success Kurdish forces, aided by American B-1B bombers, had over Islamic State last month.

www.wsj.com...

This seems to me to be putting more trust in Syrian rebels to share accurate intel on ISIS positions, then the trust the U.S. places in Jordan or Egypt by sharing it's own intel on ISIS positions.
edit on 17-2-2015 by IAMTAT because: comment added

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   
So funny, people don't want to hear anything besides this was barry just being a terrorist sympathizer and that is the sole reason.

Any sort of thinking past "I hate anything and everythig obama" will get you into much lager realm of possibility than incompetence or treason.

As Zaph has been pointing out, it isn't just "Oh ya those guys are here at these cords bomb away"

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darkblade71
a reply to: UnBreakable

Maybe they just don't have the information to give out.

Everyone seems to think the US knows where everyone is and what they are doing,
and maybe so at home, but abroad?

I don't think the US knows as much as people think it does.

With a huge number of Intel Satellites, listening stations up the rear and massive manpower that determines what every spec of data is you can bet that we do. Never mind the fact that they can read the newspaper from way the hell up there.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

They're getting radios to tell our pilots where ISIS is. They're giving us Intel. It's not even remotely close to the same thing.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   
He won't disclose because, he has a different agenda than he says. He has to cover his AZZ.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Patriotsrevenge

No, they really can't. Optics can only do so much. You'd need a massive lens to read a newspaper from orbit. And how many of those satellites are in an orbit that takes them over the right area.
edit on 2/17/2015 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

(post by Patriotsrevenge removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

No, they really can't. Optics can only do so much. You'd need a massive lens to read a newspaper from orbit. And how many of those satellites are in an orbit that takes them over the right area.

Oh yes they can, Headlines anyway. Not the small print im sure. It has been said from a ton of people who work in the field and different mil sources. They can also read license plates at the right angle.

How many do you think since that is the focus of just about every military op these days!!!

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Patriotsrevenge
POST REMOVED BY STAFF

If you reread your own post you might wonder why they need the intelligence then, after all your very own words are it is well known where they are.
edit on Tue Feb 17 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Jordan and Egypt should wage all out war against ISIS and tell anyone who says anything about it, to shove it.

I agree, but they and we don't need to be up in arms when they ask us to share our intel.
It would be a curtsey if we did, we do not have to and usually don't.
Our alphabet boys barely share intel with each other and we are up in arms about them not sharing with a whole other country?
edit on thTue, 17 Feb 2015 17:48:58 -0600America/Chicago220155880 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   

a reply to: IAMTAT

They're getting radios to tell our pilots where ISIS is. They're giving us Intel. It's not even remotely close to the same thing.

So they are doing the same job a forward air controller does. That is just to give them air cover in battle.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   

And? If they weren't already in orbit over the area they'd have to reposition, which means burning precious fuel. And many CANT be put over the area because of the orbit they're in.

If so many satellites are collecting souvh amazing Intel on ISIS why is so much air breathing ISR in the area? Apparently satellites should be getting it all and have ISIS positions to a faretheewell.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   

They do have massive lenses on some satellites. They did a demo for me in the 90s where they read the title of the cassette tape on my seat in the parking lot. I'm sure it wasn't a magic trick and imagine that the tech is even better today. And they can reposition them. and it's a safe bet there is more than one positioned over the Middle East.

And whats more, the drones have some pretty killer optics on them as well.

ETA: ISIS blends in with the local population too. That's a challenge, has always been a challenge in these wars.

edit on 2/17/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join