It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State Department wants Jobs for Jihadis, no, not a joke; launches #Diplomacy Effort

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Indigo5

The original Christians were oppressed and martyred by the Roman Empire. I'm not sure where they were getting their swords from. It wasn't until Constantine that they had any kind of power base to use for any sword spreading and that was hundreds of years after they became a religion. Please don't call someone ignorant until you get your own facts right.

So...The Roman Catholic Church are not/was not Christian?...OK then...I will depart the discussion before you engage in any other mental gymnastics that might risk a brain injury..

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   
While I would ordinarily say this proposal may be an honest attempt to fix the insane way its currently being handled, it will do NO good...and will just waste more time and money....

Sharia law seeks to kill, mutilate, or severly supress any other ideal that opposes it..That ideology doesn't compromise ever, at all, with anyone.....I do not think violence the way its being employed currently can solve this problem but surely this proposal does not work either...How to deal with it? I don't know...these people will decide to do what they decide to do...

My thoughts on this are that these people that make up ISIS are funded/recruited directly by the US/Saudi Arabia/Qatar to achieve an unfulfilled agenda:

1) Remove Bashar Al-Assad from power in Syria and pillage that country for its resources, install their central banks, gain a strategic advantage over its regional enemies ( Iran, Russia, China, NK, etc)
2) Scare global citizens in to giving up more rights(whatever is left) for fake perceived protection they will never get
3) Accelerate gov't spending worldwide to combat a manufactured threat in order to collapse world economies to bring about the desired 1 world economy, religion and government

The name of the game is control...They will be successful as well...Anything being " reported " on CNN, MSNBC, FOX is all lies and propaganda

Isaiah 17:1 - The burden of Damascus. Behold, Damascus is taken away from being a city, and it shall be a ruinous heap.
(Prophecy in progess at this moment)

just my 2 cents on all of these world events...

a reply to: karmicecstasy

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Talk about being stuck on dumb dumb.

Marie Harf could not be a more perfect example of some of the mentally deranged imbeciles that work for Obama at the State Department.

It's true, you really can't fix stupid. ~$heopleNation

edit on 18-2-2015 by SheopleNation because: Video Edit

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   
The last time I checked there were people in Western countries leaving their jobs to go fight with ISIS. Having a job has nothing to do with whether you become a terrorist or not.

This has got to be the dumbest idea I have ever heard.....but wait, I can see if now, this may spawn a brand new government bureaucracy. It may just be this administrations idea of a new way to throw our money down a rat hole.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sparky63
The last time I checked there were people in Western countries leaving their jobs to go fight with ISIS. Having a job has nothing to do with whether you become a terrorist or not.

This has got to be the dumbest idea I have ever heard.....but wait, I can see if now, this may spawn a brand new government bureaucracy. It may just be this administrations idea of a new way to throw our money down a rat hole.

Not to mention the fact that 'Fort Hood Shooter', Nidal Malik Hasan, was employed as a U.S. Army major and psychiatrist while he was yelling "allahu akbar" and shooting everyone in sight.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Yes thats 100% correct....Roman Catholics as I've said 1 million times are pagans...Sun/Idol worshippers....Roman Catholic doctrine says a priest and Mother Mary can absolve your sins...They pray to idols ( Saints, statues, pictures, etc) who have no power to do ANYTHING....You are not saved by your " works ".

I will include a video for you providing an aerial breakdown of the St Peter Basicila ( House of the Crowned Serpent )

Its long so i apologize but if you want to know the truth of the Roman Catholics, a slice is shown to you here:

www.youtube.com...

" According to the Church of Rome, Christ did not accomplish a full, finished and completed salvation in his work of atonement "

www.christiantruth.com...

This is a LIE

5Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way?
6Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: No Man Cometh unto the Father, but by me

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Not to mention the fact that 'Fort Hood Shooter', Nidal Malik Hasan, was employed as a U.S. Army major and psychiatrist while he was yelling "allahu akbar" and shooting everyone in sight.

He was AQ...and as much as it might pain us to differentiate...AQ and ISIS are two completely different animals in Demographics, Practices and beliefs...they actually are at war with one another.

ISIS comprises a majority of disenfranchised and psychotic youth.

AQ is a more mature, sophisticated breed of sociopath.
edit on 19-2-2015 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   
First we have the President bragging about how he has destroyed Al Qaeda:

'Al Qaeda Has Been Decimated, Osama Bin Laden Is Dead' -- Barack Hussein Obama

And then we have the Administrations's exciting new 'Jobs For Jihadis' Program to stop ISIS:

we cannot win this war by killing them. We cannot kill our way out of this war. We need in the medium to longer term to go after the root causes that leads people to join these groups, whether it’s lack of opportunity for jobs...
-Marie Harf, Top spokeswoman U.S. State Dept.

So, simple question:

WHAT Jobs program did Obama use to stop Osama Bin Laden and Al Qaeda?

edit on 19-2-2015 by IAMTAT because: highlighting

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

He was AQ...and as much as it might pain us to differentiate...AQ and ISIS are two completely different animals in Demographics, Practices and beliefs...they actually are at war with one another.

If Hasan was AQ, then why was it 'workplace violence'...and not 'terrorism' ?

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Sounds like many people are locked in to the MSM endless loop of deception.

#cantwinbylikkingthem

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   

So, simple question:

WHAT Jobs program did Obama use to stop Osama Bin Laden and Al Qaeda?

Well in the real world Obama had nothing to do with Bin Laden and Al Qaeda at all. So no he did nothing.

The US government on the other hand had a jobs program which employed Bin Laden aka "Tim Osman" to fight a proxy war with the Soviet Union in Afghanistan under the flag of the Mujahideen and then betrayed them and abandoned them once the US had gotten its way.
Al Qaeda is a database of Islamic fundamentalist freedom fighters aka "terrorist" groups from around the world.
Al Qaeda is so last decade, we have a new boogieman now, ISIS.

Which consists of people from western democratic countries going to fight a war for God.
Including well educated doctors and disaffected youth.

Now the real world question which should have been asked years ago is this...

"How on earth do kids with no perceived prospects AND well educated doctors, demonized in the MSM on a weekly basis just for being Muslim get "brainwashed" into believing sacrificing their lives to take the lives of others in a brutal fashion for a crazy, misogynistic, totalitarian warped ideology is in any way moral, just or honourable in the eyes of God?"

And there you have the reason for "ATTACKING THE ROOT OF THE PROBLEM"
Not giving brainwashed jihadist murderers jobs at McDonalds.

I dont understand what part of "ROOT OF THE PROBLEM" people are having trouble getting to grips with.

I understand that on face value, if you dont bother to even think about whats been said and just let your emotional knee jerk reaction cloud your judgement, then yeah I understand the shock and horror at the headline.
The story goes much much deeper than just the shock jock headline.
This is a serious problem, it needs intelligent solutions and intelligent discourse not clouded by stereotypical preconceptions based in primitive emotions. Thats what has gotten us here in the first place.

Kids that think the world hates them have EVERYTHING to prove. And some will go to great lengths to earn their acceptance in the world. Even if that means strapping a bomb to their chest and blowing up women and children at a busy market. I know, gaining acceptance while giving up your life in the process is totally counter productive, but then I didnt say the totalitarian perversion of Islam was based in sanity. Give a vulnerable naive kid a worthy cause and he might just go for it. Once there, it could prove to be too late to turn back.

Some of the crazy fundamentalists have come back from the dark side, just look at the Quilliam Foundation.
Some "crazies" that woke up to the errors of their ways now teach others to avoid those same mistakes.

Please dont tell me you never got involved in anything stupid as a teenager, I wont believe you.
Its just some teenage mistakes lead to nightmares much worse than others.

Not all of the "Jihadist" fighters in the middle east are psychopathic barbarians. Just the ones given the world stage by the MSM and slick, maybe the slickest Ive seen, propaganda videos.

The goal is to make you angry, so why are you getting angry?

Why do people become foaming at the mouth barbarians calling for more death and destruction to fight death and destruction dealing barbarians?
Its an oxymoron.

I see normally sane westerners calling for the nuking of a whole world region as an answer. And then they have the affront to call the Islamists nuts.

Im intrigued by human nature, and how we get to deal some of the most appalling atrocities on each other, and what thinking or mass hypnosis gets us down that path in the first place. Its the "Them vs Us" mentality.
Now thats the root of the problem.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   
According to Harf, us Americans are just too stupid to understand what she is saying! That's all. We need to be smart, like her guys!

State Department Harf doubles down and says it's 'too nuanced an argument for some.'

*Translation, you people are dumb, we smarter.

'Countering violent extremism' conference continues in Washington but the White House insists 'we are not treating these people as part of a religion'

Obama seemed to throw Harf under the bus, saying 'poverty alone doesn't cause somebody to become a terrorist'

A young US State Department spokeswoman is responding to Monday night's self-set media fire by adding more fuel, insisting she wasn't wrong to say the Obama administration should help jihadis from the 'Islamic State' find jobs as a way to stop them from engaging in bloody terrorism.

'In the longer term – and this isn't specific to ISIL,' Marie Harf said Wednesday morning on MSNBC, 'military commanders, politicians of both parties, counter-terrorism experts all agree that if you're going to prevent terrorist groups from spreading to other places and getting more recruits, you have to look at the root causes that can lead people to extremism.'

On Tuesday night she told a CNN audience that 'we cannot kill every terrorist around the world, nor should we try. How do you get at the root causes of this? It might be too nuanced an argument for some.'

On Fox News, Bush-era White House press secretary Dana Perino said Harf should stop talking.

'If a deputy spokesperson for the Department of State is the lead story for three days straight ... if the spokesman is the story, you've got the formula wrong,' Perino said during an afternoon broadcast.

President Barack Obama seemed to undermine Harf's argument Wednesday afternoon, telling the White House's 'Countering Violent Extremism' conference that 'poverty alone doesn't cause somebody to become a terrorist, any more than poverty causes someone to become a criminal.'

'There are terrorists who come from extraordinarily wealthy backgrounds,' Obama said, 'like Osama bin Laden.'

Is someone about to lose her job in 5...4...3...2...1?

Is it me, or does she look like she just graduated college, or barely, and they just pulled her out of there, cap and gown still on, and said, sit down in front of the cameras doll, look pretty, recite these lines, you'll do great! Where do they find these guys?

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   

So does this mean that every single native born American citizen with legal parents can opt to wage Jihad on our own government if we are out of work or do not have satisfactory full-time employment especially as our government seems more preoccupied with bringing in illegal citizens and foreign born citizens and getting them jobs and them finding jobs for people who are busy throwing people off of buildings, burning them alive, raping them turning them into breeding slaves and beheading them?

Is this how you get attention by our government these days?

well gee, with so many stars...that's exactly what is meant, and there are so many people that agree with you, that it can't be wrong....the state department wants to only give jobs to those that practice jihad.....the American government is going to spend taxpayer dollars to make jobs for ISIS....what a brilliant deduction of what was said!!!!! you cracked the code!!!

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

So does this mean that every single native born American citizen with legal parents can opt to wage Jihad on our own government if we are out of work or do not have satisfactory full-time employment especially as our government seems more preoccupied with bringing in illegal citizens and foreign born citizens and getting them jobs and them finding jobs for people who are busy throwing people off of buildings, burning them alive, raping them turning them into breeding slaves and beheading them?

Is this how you get attention by our government these days?

well gee, with so many stars...that's exactly what is meant, and there are so many people that agree with you, that it can't be wrong....the state department wants to only give jobs to those that practice jihad.....the American government is going to spend taxpayer dollars to make jobs for ISIS....what a brilliant deduction of what was said!!!!! you cracked the code!!!

Since the State Department assumes we're all stupido, I'm going to wager a guess and say.......sarcasm? Ohhh please tell I'm right, am I right, am I right? Huh, Huh? Am I? Well am I?

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Anyafaj
According to Harf, us Americans are just too stupid to understand what she is saying! That's all. We need to be smart, like her guys!

State Department Harf doubles down and says it's 'too nuanced an argument for some.'

She is correct. As evidenced by your post which doesn't understands the difference between the words "Some" and "Americans".

Actually it is not nuanced at all...Most ISIS members were being potty trained when 9-11 happened..So there is FLOW of NEW RECRUITS...Primarily from depressed/oppressed Middle Eastern Nations.

Any effort to combat ISIS without encouraging the Middle Eastern Govs to get their sh*& together is like bailing out a boat while not plugging the hole. AKA endless war on terror.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Careful with this Marie Harf.

She has plenty of education and experience as a professional BS artist....

Marie Elizabeth Harf (born June 15, 1981) is the deputy spokesperson for the US Department of State and a former spokesperson for the Central Intelligence Agency. She worked on the 2012 Obama campaign.

Marie Harf Pro BS

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   

You guys crack me up...Hassan was sentenced to Death and convicted of 13 counts of premeditated murder and 32 counts of attempted murder...but you would have rather the prosecutor risked the case to prove "terrorism" with spotty evidence. He was a lone wolf, buddies with an AQ affiliated IMAM...I'd say he got his due.

Of course none of that has anything to do with your confusion that somehow he was ISIS? But changing the subject seems to be the best weak strategy.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   

You guys crack me up...Hassan was sentenced to Death and convicted of 13 counts of premeditated murder and 32 counts of attempted murder...but you would have rather the prosecutor risked the case to prove "terrorism" with spotty evidence. He was a lone wolf, buddies with an AQ affiliated IMAM...I'd say he got his due.

Not to mention $300,000.00 in back pay.

Of course none of that has anything to do with your confusion that somehow he was ISIS? But changing the subject seems to be the best weak strategy.

Who's changing the subject, other than you?
I never claimed Hasan was ISIS. AQ and ISIS are BOTH Jihadi groups...correct?
'State Department wants Jobs for Jihadis...' is the title of the Thread currently under discussion...(take a moment to look at the thread you're currently in)...correct?

edit on 19-2-2015 by IAMTAT because: comment added

edit on 19-2-2015 by IAMTAT because: comment added

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: karmicecstasy
Why would anyone be upset by this. They are not talking about giving American jobs to terrorists. They are putting forth the novel idea. That instead of bombing countries to the stone age over and over again. That we help build stronger economies in the middle east. Which place do you think has the better chance of creating a terrorist. The flaming pile of crap, in a crater, stuck in the middle ages. Or a modern country with a modern economy.

Creating jobs in the middle east does no equal taking jobs from Americans.

We tried this for how long with Iraq ... you know nation building. And the American left crapped all over the idea and whined and complained about how much money we wasted on it when we had our own poor who needed that money so much more.

Well, I guess it didn't work.

You forget the part were we actually bombed half the place to rubble and then invaded the country....

Thats the the part that pissed most of them off......

There is a huge diffrence between helping nation better themselfs through diplomatic means and invading a country and nation building at gun point.

If thats lost on you Americans then there is no hope.......
edit on 19-2-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   

The State Department refused to call it "terrorism" until after the bastardo was sentenced. So for years and years and years families had to wait to get their Purple Hearts and benefits. State Department's theory?

"They didn't want to hurt their case against him, yo!"

Drops the mic, peace out!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join