It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mom, beaten by ex for 7 hours, faces jail if she refuses to let her kids write to him

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Anyafaj

I would send him a picture of me and my children giving him the finger 3 times a year.

BTW...judges need to be reined in as much as cops as they are just as rouge.

edit on 17-2-2015 by IslandOfMisfitToys because: Stupid Smart Phones

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Hack that. When did people lose their ability to fight back sensibly? When did it become normal to call the media, or accept an interview about your situation instead of fighting the situation in court?

I'd rather take a chance at jail time, which would never, ever happen, than comply with a court order which was probably a standard copy and paste family court add on mistake. Stories like this are click bait and give us all something to be mad about, when in reality it doesn't affect us in the least. (Sorry about this small rant.)

A reply to: Anyafaj

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   
To the OP.

The worst type of family dispute is when kids are involved.

While I abhor domestic violence in all its forms, so have sympathy for the victim, I also think (a minority view here) that the kids should keep in contact with the father. When the kids grow up they can make their own objective judgement.
They should not be used as pawns in this, so if the mother obstructs this, then she deserves sanctions, if she has been warned.

Regards

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct
Hack that. When did people lose their ability to fight back sensibly? When did it become normal to call the media, or accept an interview about your situation instead of fighting the situation in court?

I'd rather take a chance at jail time, which would never, ever happen, than comply with a court order which was probably a standard copy and paste family court add on mistake. Stories like this are click bait and give us all something to be mad about, when in reality it doesn't affect us in the least. (Sorry about this small rant.)

A reply to: Anyafaj

It's possible she wasn't getting any relief from the courts and thought maybe the media could put some pressure on the court and give her the relief she'd been seeking. I don't know how things are done in England, compared to the states.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
To the OP.

While I abhor domestic violence in all its forms, so have sympathy for the victim, I also think (a minority view here) that the kids should keep in contact with the father. When the kids grow up they can make their own objective judgement.
They should not be used as pawns in this, so if the mother obstructs this, then she deserves sanctions, if she has been warned.

Regards

And if the kids saw this 7 hour attack and are scared of their father and don't even want him to BE their father?

2nd

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Re-read my post. The kids should not be prevented by the mother of writing letters to the father. That's what this is about. Contact between children and parents is vital, regardless of the circumstances. They are not with the father, it's about contact by letter. When the children grow up they can make their own judgments on whether they want any contact.

Violence within relationships is nasty. I've seen it. However, regardless of the here and now, children losing contact with a parent has lasting implications on the children. Again, see that too.

Regards

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   

To the OP.

Regards

Your #ing kidding me?

There mom was tortured in front of them.

What sort of positive influnce could this POS have in there lifes?

Forceing contact is tortureing them all over again!

Its child abuse!

Your basicaly forceing the kids to stay in contact with a child abuser.

And yes I class forceing the kids to watch the torture and attempted murder of there mom chid abuse.
edit on 17-2-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

To the OP.

Regards

Your #ing kidding me?

What sort of psitive influnce could tha POS have in there lifes?

Its child abuse!

And yes I class forceing the kids to watch the torture and attempted murder of there mom chid abuse.

Thank God I'm not the only one who sees it this way. For a minute there I thought I was losing my mind again. Hey your dad beat the crap out of me, write him a nice letter, will ya? WTH??? Yup, he'll be an awesome role model, he will!

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Re-read my post. The kids should not be prevented by the mother of writing letters to the father. That's what this is about. Contact between children and parents is vital, regardless of the circumstances. They are not with the father, it's about contact by letter. When the children grow up they can make their own judgments on whether they want any contact.

Violence within relationships is nasty. I've seen it. However, regardless of the here and now, children losing contact with a parent has lasting implications on the children. Again, see that too.

Regards

Are you blind?

This goes beyond simple domestic abuse (bad in itself).

This was torture and attempted murder!

This sadistic POS doesnt deserve to be round other adult humans let alone have any contact with children!
edit on 17-2-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Re-read my post. The kids should not be prevented by the mother of writing letters to the father. That's what this is about. Contact between children and parents is vital, regardless of the circumstances.

The kids aren't being prevented by mom from communicating with the biological parent and this court order is not in place to enable the kids to have contact with the worthless sack of flesh. In addition to that, they are only 5 years old. How much letter writing do you actually think Kindergarten students are capable of? I've got a first grader so I'm very familiar with the writing capabilities of that particular demographic. It's not about contact between the boys and their father. It's about complying with parental rights laws and the mother sending reports on how the kids are doing and updated, recent photos of them etc... Contact with THIS parent is in no way, shape or form vital and despite your protestation, the circumstances should be of critical consideration because this guy doesn't deserve to have children in his life and I can guarantee you that when he gets released he's going to attempt to initiate a physical, in person relationship with them.

They are not with the father, it's about contact by letter. When the children grow up they can make their own judgments on whether they want any contact.

Have you taken 2 seconds to consider how traumatized these children are from what they witnessed? I would imagine they likely have anxiety disorders and probably some PTSD.As for making their own mind up when older... they've already made their minds up and want their step dad to adopt them because he acts like a parent not a sociopath. "Dad" isn't a dad and doesn't deserve to have these boys in his life in any way at all, not even via letter. The constant and reinforced reminder of what they witnessed is far more damaging to them than not having a relationship. It's sheer insanity to support this nutter and his quest for contact.

Horrified Natalie Allman, 29, has been ordered by a judge to send letters three times a year to brutal Jason Hughes who tortured her for seven hours in front of their twin sons.

Under parental rights laws, Natalie is being forced to send updates on the five-year-olds along with photos.

The boys were just two when they saw their father batter their mum with his weight-lifting dumbbells, slash her throat with an Army knife and try to ­suffocate her with a pillow.

yup...a real sweetheart and definite father of the year material right?!?

Are you insane? Losing contact with a parent under normal circumstances I will agree is not healthy. This is NOT a normal custody/visitation/contact issue. This man beat the boys mother half to death with dumbbells. slit her throat from ear to ear and then tried to smother her with a pillow...in front of the children. This guy lost his right to be a parent when he committed this brutal assault where he tortured and tried to kill their mother as they sat and watched. Just because he provided the genetic material to conceive the twins doesn't mean he's a parent let alone one who deserves to be in their life as a constant reminder of past horrors. I'm sorry, but what they were forced to witness will have far deeper implications on their mental well being than never hearing from him would. From what I could gather from the article, it seems that the twins step dad has actually stepped up and become an actual father figure and genuine role model for these kids and they want him to adopt them. Clearly that indicates they aren't too keen on reestablishing a relationship with dear old dad. Being a parent isn't a right, it's an honor and a great responsibility to be able to raise your children and give them morals and values. What values would they get from the biological father? how to lose your marbles and attempt to kill mommy?

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Anyafaj

originally posted by: crazyewok

To the OP.

Regards

Your #ing kidding me?

What sort of psitive influnce could tha POS have in there lifes?

Its child abuse!

Thank God I'm not the only one who sees it this way. For a minute there I thought I was losing my mind again. Hey your dad beat the crap out of me, write him a nice letter, will ya? WTH??? Yup, he'll be an awesome role model, he will!

Oh no you are not alone..looking at mom with her throat wound..nope the sorry assed POS has given up all rights. I couldn't imagine a child being forced to communicate with the person who did that.
When the children are older and they want to communicate so be it.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

Now that his name and face are out there I hope a fellow inmate serves him the justice he deserves that the UK refused to do.

Bunch of nutters.

I NEVER want to hear from a brit how screwed up OUR justice system is EVER again.

Fix your own mess.......

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: IslandOfMisfitToys

I can totally get behind that. It would be in everyone's best interest for an "accident" to happen to this upstanding citizen. What a POS this guy is. One can only hope that justice Is dispensed with extreme prejudice towards this filth pig.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   
In fact this woman and her children should be offered new identities imo.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   

You know as fracked up as the US justice system is, at least we don't force a victim of attempted murder to even face the murderer in trial. Let alone make them be in constant contact with him after he has been incarcerated.

Tired of Brits thinking they have the high horse.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
In fact this woman and her children should be offered new identities imo.

That I could DEFINITELY get behind! Especially considering there's a possibility this POS may get out next March. She's been sending the letters from her dad's house. He already knows where her dad lives, it's only a matter of time before he follows her to her new address and finishes the job.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: IslandOfMisfitToys

You know as fracked up as the US justice system is, at least we don't force a victim of attempted murder to even face the murderer in trial. Let alone make them be in constant contact with him after he has been incarcerated.

Tired of Brits thinking they have the high horse.

Sadly there have been a few rare cases. I remember one where a guy raped a woman, got her pregnant, then through the courts got visitation with the kid in the jail. Sick bastardo! Can you imagine having to see your rapist over and over and over! She didn't believe in abortion or adoption. That lady had stones! Let me tell you!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join