It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Driver causes ten-vehicle collision in Wisconsin car park

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   

A driver has been filmed crashing into several cars at a car park in Mayville in the US state of Wisconsin.

BBC

I haven't ever been in an accident this bad or seen driving this bad before! It is surprising, a hit-and-run involving multiple cars... the driver must have been drunk I would think... definitely an entertaining video. I thought I would share it with ATS.
edit on 17amTue, 17 Feb 2015 10:02:29 -0600kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Looks like they left it in forwards gear instead of putting it in reverse, lunged forward, hit a car, then the rest is just a panicked fast escape!!

Got to be drunk, even if not probably would claim to be drunk as it would be super embarrassing to do that sober!!

Score +1 for the CCTV network.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Biigs

I would hope they were drunk, too! That would be a very embarrassing day otherwise, like you said...
edit on 17amTue, 17 Feb 2015 10:08:39 -0600kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake

A driver has been filmed crashing into several cars at a car park in Mayville in the US state of Wisconsin.

BBC

I haven't ever been in an accident this bad or seen driving this bad before! It is surprising, a hit-and-run involving multiple cars... the driver must have been drunk I would think... definitely an entertaining video. I thought I would share it with ATS.

Looks like someone needs to retake Driving 101.

LOL

What did they do? Fall asleep at the wheel, wake in a panic and try and take off? WTH?

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

$100 says that is a police chief's daughter.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   

just look at the space in that car park it's huge and still the dummy get's into trouble .

i think the space that we have in the UK would give him a heart attack .

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: greencmp

$100 says that is a police chief's daughter.

Good, good. Let the hate flow through you!

@ OP- thanks for the entertainment! That's some crazy crazy driving (or lack of)'

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Sister?

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   
That dude in the red truck was ready to beat some ass.

Some people really shouldn't be on the road.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Seems there won't be any charges.

www.wisn.com...

and another piece in the ongoing discussion as to when we pull licenses from the elderly.

This man may have been in great shape, but 92 is pretty old.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

www.wisn.com...

and another piece in the ongoing discussion as to when we pull licenses from the elderly.

I honestly don't know who to say "Poor guy" to more here. The old man who's foot got stuck, or the people who's cars he struck. Heck with it. I'm feeling generous. "Poor guys" all around!

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   

www.wisn.com...

Dang it, OK, who do I send the $100 to?

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I'll take it

My first thought was elderly when I saw the vid- I live in a place with a fair number of old folks in the summer time, and they pretty much all have a 5+ second reaction time to anything-

imagine that.

Hit the gas- five seconds later you realize it and let go, hit the brake, five seconds delay before the input translates to a reaction....

It's downright scary. I don't drive much in the summer.

edit:

You can see the reaction time.
Slowly back up, stop. think.
slowly back up. Back up a bit more.
A bit more.

Okay, forward.
OK, stop
OH NO I MISSED THE BRAKE AND HIT THE GAS INSTEAD
let go of gas
etc...
edit on 17-2-2015 by lordcomac because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: greencmp

www.wisn.com...

Dang it, OK, who do I send the $100 to?

I'll take it..........

ETA: Damn, Lordcomac beat me to it.
edit on 17-2-2015 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Granny!!!!

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   

That makes sense all of a sudden...

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   
It's possible he was a diabetic and missed the medication, we've had something similar happen here.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I was hoping a "car park" was something more like a skate park. Turns out its what I call a "park & ride". Still an interesting video I guess though...

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 02:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac
I'll take it

My first thought was elderly when I saw the vid- I live in a place with a fair number of old folks in the summer time, and they pretty much all have a 5+ second reaction time to anything-

imagine that.

Hit the gas- five seconds later you realize it and let go, hit the brake, five seconds delay before the input translates to a reaction....

It's downright scary. I don't drive much in the summer.

edit:

You can see the reaction time.
Slowly back up, stop. think.
slowly back up. Back up a bit more.
A bit more.

Okay, forward.
OK, stop
OH NO I MISSED THE BRAKE AND HIT THE GAS INSTEAD
let go of gas
etc...

no no, no etc, lets keep going here, because people are saying it was an accident, he wont be fined or cited at all, no punishment, not even a slap on the wrist, people feel sorry for the man, so lets really lay out the sequence so people can see his actions that they are apologetic over.

picking up where you left off he hit the accelerator instead of the break - first collision,
he used his arm to switch into reverse and then his foot back to the accelerator - second collision
he again uses his arm to change gears into drive and again foot back to the accelerator and uses arms to turn the wheel to its maximum but straightens it out once in the next lane only to turn it a bit again into the - third collision

now i get the "accidentally hit the wrong pedal" situation when its a one time action, but this is alot of body movements thoughts and actions to say "oops it slipped"

oop i accidentally rammed you then reversed into them then forward into them then around the bend into that other guy, whoops.......

it seems kinda outrageous he is getting let off with "all an accident" seems pretty clear he was trying to flee and botched the attempt. i suppose its ok cause he's old. definitely would not have been the ruling had the driver been in his 30's or 40's i think age discrimination is something that will never stop, it is so commonly rationalized away.

top topics

join