It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi cleric says Earth doesn’t revolve around sun

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: wastedown

Okay Wastedown,

The plane is moving along with the earth at about 600 mph, kind of like when you ride a bus and you are sitting in the back of the bus. You are cruising at a stable speed, and you get up and walk down the bus to high five the driver and walk back to your seat. Does it take you less time to walk down the bus or back to your seat?

It will take you as much time, if you are walking at a constant speed. Indeed, if the bus is going at 50 mph on cruise control, your inertia will be equal to the bus's inertia, that is how you ride a bus, not at different speeds, but at the same speed as the bus.

The atmosphere is like a liquid that is spinning with the earths rotation and we are in it along with planes and clouds and children who eat pop rocks! Gravity is acting on mass, keeping it all locked down spinning at 600mph and dashing through space at 67,000 mph.

So, after reading this, if you can jump straight up, high enough, as high as an airplane, will you land on the same spot?

edit on 17-2-2015 by bitsforbytes because: it's not miles per per hour mp/h, rather mph or m/h.

edit on 17-2-2015 by bitsforbytes because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: rokkuman

Wow good one - I still think my personal favourite is this one though.

Women to blame for earthquakes, says Iran cleric

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: bitsforbytes

So, there is (since I nor anyone can explain what gravity is and how it really works i'll just go with magic) a magic gravity bubble that contains Earth and Atmosphere admittedly two different things. One is solid and the other mostly gas that behaves like a fluid. Correct? This bubble is moving through a near vacuum space, inside and tied to another bigger magic gravity bubble attached to the sun, also being propelled through near vacuum space under influence of other magic gravity bubbles. I'm with you still at this point, I hope. Let's go small scale. If we put a solid ball inside of a bigger clear plastic ball, then filled the empty space with a fluid, we should have a fair representation Earth and atmosphere. Put this in a near vacuum and spin the inside ball, does the fluid spin at the exact same speed? Does a pin stuck in to the solid ball not feel turbulance, as it pushes through atmosphere? The reason is because the outside clear ball uses a magic force to hold everuthing inside it together? Wasn't it gravity that had to be overcome to get the plane in the air to begin with?

As far as your bus analogy, that is apples to oranges as the bus is still on the surface of the spinning ball. If your bus had no roof and I jumped high enough the bus could surely drive out from below me, I don't see that it matters if this bus is spinning by it's own power the physics of motion are still the same. Attach the bus's wheels to a ball spinning 1600 miles an hour stand on it and jump high enough it will still move from underneath you. Even if you, the ball and the bus were underwater.

The rational explination to my inital question is I have to believe it is a general effect of gravity. Okay? I was hoping someone could help make it clearer. I truly am not being crass or a troll. I truly want to understand.

Kinetic forces of gravity are at play all of the time. I often wonder what force is at play keeping an electron from flying away from a nucleolus, gravity?

When it comes down to it, it's only what you believe, you can't really know, you have to take somebody's word and then believe it is true...

I'm not saying that i truly believe the Earth is not spinning and is the center of the Universe, but it could be. Gravity could be a consciousness driven force, and I have been leaning more and more to that train of thought. consciousness collapses the waveform, I am beginning to believe that it is this action that truly holds everything together. Sometimes I feel that we are the creator and wonder if it is conditioning that makes me put belief in things that suit others and benefit their agendas instead of living the truly free lives that we are supposed to live. Sometimes I don't know what to believe. My thought experiments run into ignorance fear and doubt. How are we supposed to know what to really believe. So many question so few real answers.
edit on 18-2-2015 by wastedown because: editing is my fave

<< 1   >>

join