It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jeb Bush calls brother 'A great president'. Sculpting a do-it-yourself Mount Rushmore there, Jeb?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Apparently Jeb Bush called his brother George W. Bush 'a great president'. Well now Jeb (as his mother would say), don't get your brother mixed up with Abraham Lincoln, Theodore Roosevelt, Thomas Jefferson, George Washington, or even (cough, chokes on phlegm, as his mother would do) Ronald Reagan.

Jeb did not criticize his brother during his presidency, or after as far as I know, and has stood with him and, more importantly, his aides, administration officials and strategic consultants since 2008 and up to and including Jeb's probable run in 2016. Family considerations aside, Jeb, really???

theweek.com...

I'm not talking about Jeb Bush's policies or his abilities as a campaigner (though for the most part he has been deft in avoiding the usual pitfalls and has handled the media well). I'm talking about his most glaring drawback: the fact that he's a Bush. It seems too obvious to mention, but as Republican elites rally around his flag, it appears they need a reminder. Just a few years ago, the idea of another Bush running for president would have been laughable. Today, the party is so desperate for a winner that it is willing to entirely overlook eight disastrous years in the White House.

In early February, Jeb Bush said his brother was a "great president." Maybe that's just what a younger brother has to say to avoid seeming like a heartless back-stabber. Then again: Really?

George W. Bush's Iraq war was a horrible blunder — the worst foreign policy disaster since Vietnam. There was a brief moment at the dawn of the Arab Spring when conservatives were crediting Bush's pro-democracy agenda for a wave of anti-authoritarian protests across the region, but you don't hear them saying that anymore. Iraq was a really, really bad idea, and nothing has changed that.

edit on 17-2-2015 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 07:29 AM
link   
It's his brother, of course he's going to stand up for him. What do we expect him to say, " This idiot brother of mine gave the world wars, terrorism and allowed the murder of over 3,000 people on American soil" ?

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
It's his brother, of course he's going to stand up for him. What do we expect him to say, " This idiot brother of mine gave the world wars, terrorism and allowed the murder of over 3,000 people on American soil" ?

If he expects to be President of the United States and the leader of the free world, yes.

Will he ask George Jr. to campaign for him? Make ads for him? No, he will not. But he will use his aides, consultants, and others to work on his campaign and, if elected, to work in his administration. The same people will be in the offices and at the desks, or at least within reach of a phone call and a 'private lunch'. Jeb will have to carry the weight of his brother across this river and man, he sure is heavy.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Jeb was a good Governor but, his brother was a terrible President. We will be cleaning up his mess for decades. Granted he thought he was doing the right thing but, he could not have been more wrong. When you look at the state of the country from the day he started to the day he left, a booming economy, peace and the US postition as a world leader solid to a economy collapsing, multiple wars with no plan, and US leadership in the world lost. Those things are all getting better but, it will still take time maybe a great deal of time to fix some of it.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Great at what? Starting a federal programs like medicare d (which costs more than the ACA) and not funding it? Bailing out his buddies on Wall Street and the banks with tax payer money when their ponzie scheme went belly up? Starting two wars based on lies then saying "we don't think much about Bin Laden" when asked if they were close to catching him? The only thing Bush was great at was making people believe he actually did something good while in office.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Aleister

Jeb did not criticize his brother during his presidency, or after as far as I know, and has stood with him and, more importantly…

'Helped' get him elected. Remember the controversy surrounding election results between Gore and Bush? The "swing state" was Florida, Jeb was governor at the time.

Under orders from Governor Jeb Bush (Bush Jr.’s brother), state troopers near polling sites delayed people for hours while searching their cars.

Stolen Election

edit on 17-2-2015 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Of course Jeb is going to say his brother was a great president. He's talking about his BROTHER. He's not about to come out and say anything negative about him.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Jeb did not criticize his brother during his presidency, or after as far as I know, and has stood with him and, more importantly…

'Helped' get him elected. Remember the controversy surrounding election results between Gore and Bush? The "swing state" was Florida, Jeb was governor at the time.

Under orders from Governor Jeb Bush (Bush Jr.’s brother), state troopers near polling sites delayed people for hours while searching their cars.

Stolen Presidetnial Election

Yes, the 2001 Floridian antics by Jeb can easily be the subject of a few half-minute or one minute political ads if he somehow gets the nomination. Democratic pacs might even be stockpiling up on creative ads like that now, and pick the best of the litter come election time.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 07:43 AM
link   
They should carve out Mt. Bushmore on Fla's highest peak.

Space Mountain.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

As a brother and private citizen, fine, "don't talk nuttin about the family". But as a person who hopes to take over the most powerful office in the world praising a former president of ill-repute, a president capable of lying about things which embroil the world in war, yes, I certainly expect him to come out and say he's sorry for helping to elect him and for not criticizing him during that presidency. Blood is thicker than water, yes, but it is not thicker than the blood of literally hundreds of thousands of victims of those lies and manipulations. Jeb should make that clear, and if he doesn't, what trust will he bring to the campaign?

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aleister

originally posted by: intrptr

Stolen Presidetnial Election

Yes, the 2001 Floridian antics by Jeb can easily be the subject of a few half-minute or one minute political ads if he somehow gets the nomination. Democratic pacs might even be stockpiling up on creative ads like that now, and pick the best of the litter come election time.

What 'elections'? These are done deals nowadays, right?

Jimmy Carter says… the justices gave unlimited freedom to special interest groups representing corporations and lobbyists to provide campaign funding through third parties that don’t have to disclose their donors.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
Of course Jeb is going to say his brother was a great president. He's talking about his BROTHER. He's not about to come out and say anything negative about him.

He just shudda said nothing! Like, anyone saying G.W. was a great president, is a candidate for the funny farm themselves.

edit on 17-2-2015 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

The only thing Bush was great at was making people believe he actually did something good while in office.

Don't forget convincing people he was a Grade A moron with Special Needs level intelligence...

That's the greatest trickery I've ever seen in my Lifetime.

The Devil would be jealous of that feat.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Great?...Yip, He's the Greatest Idiot i've ever known and i've known a multitude of idiots.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   

He was great!

Great at starting a land war in asia.

And great at tanking the economy.

Technically Jeb isn't wrong.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Maybe he meant he was great compared to the current idiot in office. In a sample of the last two presidents Bush was "great".

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: buster2010

Don't forget convincing people he was a Grade A moron with Special Needs level intelligence...

That's the greatest trickery I've ever seen in my Lifetime.
The Devil would be jealous of that feat.

Getting elected wasn't a bad trick either, was it?

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

For sure...

But that involved more than just his Oscar worthy performances that would have crushed the Rainman at any awards ceremony!

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Bush is a toxic brand name as it is.

To say he supports his brother?

Yikes you american have got to be really really stupid if you ever vote jeb in...really stupid.......

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
Bush is a toxic brand name as it is.

To say he supports his brother?

Yikes you american have got to be really really stupid if you ever vote jeb in...really stupid.......

Now you see, you have just made me all consprisilly.. the penny has just dropped!
This is why Obamboo is not going into Iraq to sort out IS, he is going to let ol' Jeb Baby have the honour for all the ensuing mayhem. Sad, isn't it?

edit on 17-2-2015 by smurfy because: Text.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join