It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fighting was my drug of choice

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
a reply to: MountainLaurel

Fighting IS the job.
Killing is part of it unfortunately.
I watch as my troops die and wish I WAS with them fighting and YOU seek to impair YOUR emotional judgement.
YOU HAD BETTER THANK what ever creator you pray to we are this way.
OTHER WISE ther would BE no volunteer there would be CONSCRIPTION and who knows,YOU might be stuck in my place and we would LOSE!
Enough with the philosophy about violence garbage when adressing warriors.
STOP WAR first.

Lighten up brah. She is one of those we are supposed to protect. As a soldier, you should understand that some people just aren't cut out for what I do.
I fight so she is afforded the opportunity to be "disgusted" by what I do. So she can be comfortable at home enjoying the freedoms we fight to preserve. Less hostility, more understanding, troop.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 11:21 PM
link   

WHO ASKED for happiness?
WHAT are you BIPOLAR?
YOU ...SHOULD...BE..HAPPY IT IS I instead of YOU who goes forward on your BEHALF,because THEY will still be fought. REGARDLESS of what it FEELS like.
BE SICKENED.
I AM one of the people who knows first hand,WHAT ELSE need you be taught?

TRY to keep up.
edit on 17-2-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: 35Foxtrot

Such ingorace is simply intollerable I don't abide foolishness from Hippies and the infestation of P.C. GARBAGE that I am indeed at war with against the culture that pervades it.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 02:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: 35Foxtrot

Fighting IS the job.
I watch as my troops die and wish I WAS with them fighting and YOU seek to impair YOUR emotional judgement.
OTHER WISE ther would BE no volunteer there would be CONSCRIPTION and who knows,YOU might be stuck in my place and we would LOSE!
STOP WAR first.

Lighten up brah. She is one of those we are supposed to protect. As a soldier, you should understand that some people just aren't cut out for what I do.
I fight so she is afforded the opportunity to be "disgusted" by what I do. So she can be comfortable at home enjoying the freedoms we fight to preserve. Less hostility, more understanding, troop.

Thank for your chivalry and consideration of my participation in this thread. I didn't use the word "disgusted" , I used the word "disturbed"......but your actually right. I am "disgusted" not so much by soldiers, but I am VERY disgusted at putting good, honorable soldiers in harm's way to defend a lie. I am disgusted that soldiers who pay the ultimate price for this are forsaken by the very Government that they believe they are fighting for. Maybe I am unable to grasp this concept completely, but I know the this much........the "liberals" are the one's fighting for Veterans once they are used and abused by the "Industrial War Complex" .......Henry Kissinger and the "elitist" rulers of this World don't give a poop about the casualties of War.....out of his own mouth......soldiers are "Dumb" ....

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 02:46 AM
link   

WHO ASKED for happiness?
WHAT are you BIPOLAR?
YOU ...SHOULD...BE..HAPPY IT IS I instead of YOU who goes forward on your BEHALF,because THEY will still be fought. REGARDLESS of what it FEELS like.
BE SICKENED.
I AM one of the people who knows first hand,WHAT ELSE need you be taught?

TRY to keep up.

Well.....Americans asked for the "pursuit of Happiness" as the very good, hard working people that established this Country. I don't buy your BS and HEY I DON"T WANT YOU TO KILL and INVADE any more Countries on MY Behalf !! Take a look around, Vets killing themselves at record rates, Vets being portrayed as "domestic terrorists" and completely disregarded. You tell me what War has ever done for Humanity other then generate profits for a select few. I am SICKENED by your inability to see the truth, and loyalty to the REAL enemy !

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 02:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: MountainLaurel

originally posted by: 35Foxtrot

Fighting IS the job.
STOP WAR first.

Thank for your chivalry and consideration of my participation in this thread. I didn't use the word "disgusted" , I used the word "disturbed"......but your actually right. I am "disgusted" not so much by soldiers, but I am VERY disgusted at putting good, honorable soldiers in harm's way to defend a lie. I am disgusted that soldiers who pay the ultimate price for this are forsaken by the very Government that they believe they are fighting for. Maybe I am unable to grasp this concept completely, but I know the this much........the "liberals" are the one's fighting for Veterans once they are used and abused by the "Industrial War Complex" .......Henry Kissinger and the "elitist" rulers of this World don't give a poop about the casualties of War.....out of his own mouth......soldiers are "Dumb" ....

We don't fight for the government per se. We swear an oath to support and defend the Constitution.

The oath I took:

I, _____, having been appointed an officer in the Army of the United States, as indicated above in the grade of _____ do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic, that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservations or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office upon which I am about to enter; So help me God." (DA Form 71, 1 August 1959, for officers.)

... but, some will argue that's a distinction without a difference. And, while I may disagree with many of your opinions above, that's the beauty of our system. The aforementioned Constitution gives you the right to express those opinions freely; soldiers' support and defense of that Constitution makes that possible.

Anyway, this has little to do with the topic. Sorry. 'night.
edit on 18/2/15 by 35Foxtrot because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 02:55 AM
link   
I apologize OP....I know this wasn't the direction you intended to take this thread ......it's tough to accept the end of something you loved so much. Hopefully you will continue to coach younger people and harness "aggressive" energy in more positive ways .......God Bless America.......

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   

MY inability?
ARE wars NOW going to be fought?
YES ,as they have been THROUGH OUT recorded history THEY WILL be fighting wars.
.FACT so you are mistaken in YOUR logical paradigm.
YOUR inability to respond to OBVIOUS threats in our reality are confusing me.
I DON'T see what the leap of intelligence YOU are missing could be told if YOU DENY reality altogether.
BE sickened BUT GET to the problems YOU CAN fix instead of shunning VETS and THEIR self worth as HUMAN BEINGS thus CAUSING their deaths through being CRITICAL of THEIR choices which are SELFLESS service and electing MORONS who cause the ENTIRE issue.
DUH!

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   
It sounds like allot of people on here are talking about adrenaline and BJJ. I guess that's the case if you do sport competition, but when you drill or spar, you should be learning, and thinking, and not spazzing out for some adrenaline rush. Those are exactly the kind of people that get frustrated, injured and never learn.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: v1rtu0s0

Yeah when your training its more about focus, its like a meditation. the adrenaline part only comes into play during a competition for me like you say. The daily grind is very different.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Well getting a headshot in a first-person game isn't the same thing as all this. But I'll say I had some moments in Quake-style games in past years when I was in the zone. I had a few matches where it just clicked. I was somewhere special, doing shots before the other person came into view. It's hard to explain. It's a rare moment in the zone and it's hard to forget. It was a drug. My audience were the others playing with me.

And it happened to others playing too. Sometimes it was me that got it in the head. Some other person was high in the clouds.

Not in anyway taking away from the real work of people. I'm just sharing the adrenaline rush and hte being in the zone feeling.

I don't think it should be surprising that some of the work people do, including learning how to fight or defend themselves, should sometimes be enjoyed in limited ways. Might actually be a good thing. However, I'd think if it were extreme or disabling it'd be a negative trait.
edit on 19-2-2015 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Jakal26

i have always found the better the fighter the less of an ass hole he his. but in my experience its not the loud fighter you should keep an eye out for its. the quiet introverts they are the ones to be feared. i heard a quote once funny but disturbing "dont mistake my silence for weakness. no one plans someone else's downfall out loud"

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: jonnywhite

not just you. its different kind of high than fighting. but when you rack up kill after kill man that feeling

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: ibelievethemsm

In personal reality it's WAY different, as a life is GONE by your hand which eventually is painful to the participant.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

wasnt really talking about beating someone to death just the high you get when beat someone with the odds stacked against you

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion
I have always loved fighting. Used to pick fights with bouncers growing up on OSU campus. Buddies would smoke weed, I drank and fought.
Even love arguing.

Trained in BJJ as well, and loved it.

Had to give up training and fighting due to family commitments. Not enough time. And fighting outside the ring now comes with a possibility of jail time.

I will second that it is a huge adrenaline rush. So is kicking in doors.

Not much of a substitute in life that can measure up to it.

edit on 20-2-2015 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: ibelievethemsm

Wasn't dicussing the RING,myself.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join