It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This strange weather is killing my ankle!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Hi wonderful ATS
my 2nd home, my mental escape, my mind expanding hub of craziness.........Have you all heard the old wives tale, that changes in barometric pressure cause joint pain, and/or inflammation of old injuries?

Three years ago I tore ligaments and chipped what was described as a "bone fleck" off of my ankle in an unfortunate skateboarding mishap.

Most days, it feels 98%, but over the past few years I have noticed that the pain flares up like crazy every now and then, and I'm pretty darn sure there is always some sort of front on the way.

Now today....my ankle hurts worse than ever! Just pure aching soreness.....also the weather is freaking erratic! This morning it was hailing, then it got windy and rained, then it snowed for a brief moment, then it got beautifully sunny, now it's overcast and grey.........our weather has been like this basically all dang winter.

If true, I wonder if crazy weather is going to bring about more pain in us people abroad?

So I'm hoping to address a couple topics; one, does that old wives tale have any truth to it,? And two, (though wrong forum) what's up with this seemingly strange winter?

Any thoughts ATSers?
edit on 16-2-2015 by GoShredAK because: Words

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I think there may be something to that. I have no idea what causes it; though.
I have shoulder and knee injuries. It hurts even worse when it's raining or snowing.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Most doctors will tell you that it is impossible for this to be so.... Most people with old injuries (arthritis) will tell you that those doctors are dead wrong. Myself included. I have bad knees and a bad back. I can tell you days before it's going to snow/rain. A front can move in and my body knows it before the weatherman does.

I have heard that it has something to do with the barometric pressure, but I am not sure if that's true or not.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 10:12 PM
link   
See!? two testimonies right there.........

I can say for a fact that this won't be the first time doctors were certain of something they are completely wrong about.

Thanks writer Skid mark, and thanks Mod Kangarue for gracing my thread.

edit on 16-2-2015 by GoShredAK because: Capitals

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 11:05 PM
link   
My left ankle, sprained numerous times in my life, usually will let me know when heavier than usual rain is due within 24-48 hours. The treacherous lil bugger strikes when I take my 1st step down a flight of stairs. I've learned to be careful during the rainy season wen starting down a stairway, after almost falling a few times from the sudden, sharp pain my ankle treats me to.

I've had it most of my adult life in various degrees of severity. Years ago when I lived in New York, the pain would be murderous when I was walking around just before a fog would roll in, or when a light drizzle was building up. Once the actual fog or drizzle showed up, my ankle would be normal again, instantly.

Here in California, it gradually eased off to its relatively benign state, maybe because there's much less humidity here than in NY for most of the year, & maybe because I've managed not to sprain my ankle for the last 30 some-odd years. I'm also not sure if it's a sudden large change in barometric pressure or humidity that causes my ankle to flare up, but rainy weather joints are definitely not an old wives' tale.
edit on 2/16/2015 by BuzzCory because: It needed fixin'

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I have broken my left foot 5 times in my life. Once so bad, after being run over by a car, that doctors were considering amputating it.
I have wondered if there is a voodoo doll somewhere with a pin stuck in its foot.
I can definitely feel when cold, damp weather is coming.

CX

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Yep, i've done exactly the same...started off with a shrapnel injury from a mortar attack that busted up one side of my ankle and twisted it over, snapping the ligaments.

One rebuild later and not enough time to rehab properly thanks to the British Army, it now goes over regularly, the proprioception is just gone. Every time i twist over on it, it dislocates, chips a tiny flake of bone off, then pops back in again all before my brain gets the message to stop it.

With cold or damp weather especially, it plays up really bad, but like today it's killing but ut's quite sunny out. Might be a pressure thing i don't know.

My sympathies anyway.

CX.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Thanks everybody! Funny, it is my left ankle as well, 3 left ankles, imagine that

@CX, I appreciate the sympathies but I am undeserving....I hurt my ankle having fun, trying to land a kickflip off of a 4 1/2 foot loading dock trying to impress my wife.......(I landed it clean the day before for her dad and blew his mind lol)

Description of your injury makes me feel like weakling in comparison....
edit on 17-2-2015 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I can tell when the weather is going to take a turn for the worse when my knees start to hurt.
I ice skated a lot as a kid....and fell a lot on them ...don't really know what happened to them.

We've been taking generic Osteo-BiFlex for several years now.....and I think my knees don't react to the weather as much.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   

m.youtube.com...

Here ATS, a gift, a presentation of what I do best. That's if you happen to be interested. It is only 1 minute and 41 seconds long.

A few disclaimers;

.I know it is unwise to reveal who I am on this site, but I figure if TPTB or any nefarious individuals wanna find me they could have done so already before this video.

. I know longer sport the Afro-like hair, all the girls in high school loved it and wouldn't let me cut it.

. All the tricks are at least 8 maybe 10 years old, but I am still very much at it. In fact, last summer I skated the best I ever have in my life. God has truly blessed me with this talent which I consider a spiritual pursuit, and a rewarding form of art.

.see if you can spot the ramp displayed on my avatar in the video!

.Had I chosen the music myself it would have been very different, probably something Reggae or maybe something melodic by lindsey stirling, or something similar.

.Thanks to anybody who takes the time to view it

edit on 17-2-2015 by GoShredAK because: Oops

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Well we just started what has been forecast to be a three day rainstorm so I guess that's some more evidence saying there is something to this.....

top topics

join