It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curious about your avatars

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Mine's simple... as a youth one of my favorite bands was BOSTON, and the avvy is an artist's rendition of their guitarist Tom Scholz...

I liked the color scheme although since I sported this one, the Seahawks have been to the Super Bowl in back to back years...

Might be time for a change, one that would help my Panthers return to claim the trophy for the first time!

edit on Mon, 16 Feb 2015 21:39:05 -0600 by JacKatMtn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: JacKatMtn

Not if my Falcons have anything to do with it! Let's forget about this year though, that didn't count.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Mine is the kind of place I dream of one day retiring too. Space. Earth. Hopefully with some views out to sea. A fireplace to have a fire at night. And hopefully stone construction so I can listen to music properly without all my cheap plaster boards vibrating and ruining the volume I prefer...

Anyway, took much wrangling to get mine all working and it's only kind of noticeable where the smoke get chopped off. But I try and keep mine subtle gentle, with a calm to them. By the way, I tracked down the creator of mine and he camped out in that hut for a few days with friends out in the french countryside while working on his photography. It gives me a time and place to focus on when some days get a bit 'too much'.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Qumulys

It is idyllic. Wonderful. I have past-life memories of being in a place like that.
So does my mom.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I live in NC and a friend of mine back in high school had a T-shirt that was similar to my avatar. I've always thought it was funny.

I'm usually not a very serious person.

North Carolina - first in flight... and in lung cancer!

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I just can't stop grinning. I'm really enjoying all of these avatars and the stories behind them.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Your avatar makes me have a sensation of longing, almost like a homesick type of feeling. It's lovely.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Always appreciated your avatar, it represents serenity to me....

I am fortunate to live in a similar place though you need to envision a forest surrounding the quiet home on a hill, with the smoke of an old woodstove billowing....

Just make sure to sweep the chimney each spring!!!

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

It's all about the D bout the D!!

Hopefully the ATL and NO can start playing serious D and one of the NFC south can take the trophy....

You can get Greg Hardy, you need some pass rush

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Just myself.

Reminds me of a great meal I had.

Food for thought.

Symbolises what ATS does for me.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   
My avatar I settled on just recently. I designed it to convey identity information which can be read by both human and machine intelligence.

BINARY ABOVE ASCII BELOW

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: JacKatMtn

That's why we got Dan Quinn! He's a defensive genius, hopefully he can get some of the kinks worked out on defense. We're good on offense, just need a defense to match it.

But yeah, if ATL doesn't make it, I hope someone else in the NFC South takes it home (preferably the Panthers).

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ChiefD

I'm a huge fan of RPGs and horror films. This is a Black Mage from the Final Fantasy universe, and looks Halloween'ish... kinda a creepy atmosphere going on ^_^

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a famous ukiyo-e block printing of the training of famous japanese hero Minamoto no Yositsune, learning the ways of battle from the king of the tengu Sojobo near mt hiei

a classic piece of artwork depicting my favourite historical figure, and the mythology of the magick teacher bringing him all the knowledge of warfare and strategy.

historically all japans greatest warriors were taught secrets by tengu.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: machineintelligence
I really like your avatar, very cool design!

@OP:

My avatar was made for me by Cody599 over in The Avatar Creations Thread. My username "Operation Mindcrime" is the name of an album by a rockband I used to like in the 80's. This album is a rock opera and tells the story of a recovering drug addict who becomes disillusioned with the corrupt society of his time and reluctantly becomes involved with a revolutionary group as an assassin of political leaders.

It has all the elements of a good conspiracy and I found it very fitting for a username on this site.

I started out with the logo of the album and over the years it morphed into what it is today. Nice black and white and still having a connection to the band that created "Operation Mindcrime" via the logo on it's forehead.

Peace

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Oh, thank you all for posting! This is proving to be educational, as well as entertaining.

I love all the stories and creativity, and art. It's truly wonderful.

This will give me something to think about when I'm at work tomorrow. I'm training a new person, and I enjoy looking at art, as it sparks some creativity to work better.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Glad so many of you feel the same way about my avatar!
It does have that feeling of longing, like "this is how life is supposed to be". But instead we slave to pay bills in homes cramped up together bombarded with power lines and advertisements endless noise pollution. I just long for that calmness and slowing down of life to the simple things. One day

Your place sounds lovely Jackatmtn, I use to love forrest too as a destination - but with so many devastating bushfires here lately (and spiders) I think I'd prefer a little more openness. But having grown up in a forest it is just so cool and calming and so much wildlife.

Oh well, back to reality (the traffic noise outside came quickly into focus :-/ )
edit on 16-2-2015 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: okamitengu

Great story behind your avatar and a very beautiful image

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 10:37 PM
link   
nice thread...

I have had a lot of disasters in life. I had a body bag called for me in 84 after an accident, shot with a 12ga 00 mag buck shot in 2001, written up as a fatality in 2006 car accident, and a few other adventures I will leave out. I died twice but brought back here.

I had a good friend that was a Native American and he told me about the 'spirit horse' which he believed comes to pick you up when you die. Since I have one foot in this world and one in the spiritual world, I decided to be a ghost rider on the spirit horse! It reminds me of my life experiences and how tenuous existence is in this life.

And now it has been revealed!

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Pretty simple. SonofaSkunk. Big skunk, little skunk. You get it. Dad worked at "you know where."

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join