It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My blood is boiling!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   
There are laws against elder abuse in many countries. Perhaps you could inquire if there are any in your country? If she has dementia and is being beaten, then she has the right to protective custody, does she not?

Good for you for speaking up. I would encourage you to see this through until change comes about. You can contact the Alzheimer's Association and other health groups as they surely will provide you with some valuable information and suggestions. You could also raise public awareness by contacting a talk radio program for instance. I hope your efforts at justice bring about the changes you want to see. Please keep speaking out and make her the focus of your attention. I spoke out for a while against an injustice and was eventually successful in changing government policies in the application of a law touching a somewhat similar problem. All the best.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: orbitbaby
By law that cop has to investigate it. That is BS! You can call the elder
abuse hotline. They have them in most counties these days. And be
sure and let them know the cop did nothing about it.

Someone told me to pursue it because of the lack of motivation from the police officers.
edit on 16-2-2015 by ATF1886 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ATF1886

I feel bad for you.
I would find it enraging too.

You should perhaps question what the laws are in your state and investigate why nothing is being done. In the UK this woman would have been taken to hospital and examined, and if there was physical evidence of abuse they would have arrested the husband and given her care.

In the UK, she would be considered a vulnerable adult, and as such there would be a wealth of care facilities and support systems to help her, while he would be charged with assault based on your statements and evidence.

I know I've heard it said plenty of times that social systems and mental health in the US are atrocious, but surely there must be some kind of social care system looking out for vulnerable people?

If I were in your shoes, I probably would have made it clear that if anything later happened to that woman at the hands of her husband, I would be going straight to the media to tell them how the local police department did absolutely nothing. Maybe that threat would have encouraged them to do their jobs?

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   

I'm assuming it's the US?

I don't know how things work there.

Surely to god there is some form of safeguarding for vulnerable people?

In the UK in a similar scenario, you wouldn't need to bother with the police, just contact the local safeguarding team.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   

I'm not sure your story is true, first you say that you preceded to call the police when you seen him beat her but then you say you didn't have a phone because you could drop it, are you Feeding us B.S?

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013

I feel bad for you.
I would find it enraging too.

You should perhaps question what the laws are in your state and investigate why nothing is being done. In the UK this woman would have been taken to hospital and examined, and if there was physical evidence of abuse they would have arrested the husband and given her care.

In the UK, she would be considered a vulnerable adult, and as such there would be a wealth of care facilities and support systems to help her, while he would be charged with assault based on your statements and evidence.

I know I've heard it said plenty of times that social systems and mental health in the US are atrocious, but surely there must be some kind of social care system looking out for vulnerable people?

If I were in your shoes, I probably would have made it clear that if anything later happened to that woman at the hands of her husband, I would be going straight to the media to tell them how the local police department did absolutely nothing. Maybe that threat would have encouraged them to do their jobs?

Star and bravo!! Thanks for the great idea.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

I'm not sure your story is true, first you say that you preceded to call the police when you seen him beat her but then you say you didn't have a phone because you could drop it, are you Feeding us B.S?

I didn't have my phone on me when I saw the occurrence I then proceeded to walk back to my work truck to call the police are you kidding me wow lol for humor and a star as well I wouldn't lie about this...

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   

I can't see why this guy wouldn't have been arrested if you witnessed the beating. Just because she can't communicate coherently doesn't let this guy off the hook. I question if this cop really applied the law correctly. Did this lady have any marks or bleeding? If she did, that's enough proof she was physically assaulted!

If this cop did his job right, he should have had a women police officer checking her for any cuts or redness. They should be checking up on this lady the next day to see if bruises or swelling appear.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: orbitbaby
By law that cop has to investigate it. That is BS! You can call the elder
abuse hotline. They have them in most counties these days. And be
sure and let them know the cop did nothing about it.

Yea, it has to be investigated "by law." No visible bruises, and the two people involved say nothing happened, there's not much that can be done. "By law" the cop can't really say well that guy over there says it happened so I'm taking you in anyway. State laws vary widely on that point.

I would suggest the OP contact local social services and report what they witnessed to them. It sounds like a completely crappy situation that the abuser is taking full advantage of. Because he's such an all around winner in life

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

I can't see why this guy wouldn't have been arrested if you witnessed the beating. Just because she can't communicate coherently doesn't let this guy off the hook. I question if this cop really applied the law correctly. Did this lady have any marks or bleeding? If she did, that's enough proof she was physically assaulted!

If this cop did his job right, he should have had a women police officer checking her for any cuts or redness. They should be checking up on this lady the next day to see if bruises or swelling appear.

That's what I thought but it was two male police officers and they were there maybe a total of 30-45mins

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   

That's what I thought but it was two male police officers and they were there maybe a total of 30-45mins

I wonder if they were at the end of their shift and didn't want to take the time out to haul her husband down to the jail and fill out the extra paper work. Since they didn't see any bleeding or swelling, they probably didn't care and just wanted to go home for the day.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   

I wonder if they were at the end of their shift and didn't want to take the time out to haul her husband down to the jail and fill out the extra paper work. Since they didn't see any bleeding or swelling, they probably didn't care and just wanted to go home for the day.

Probably and then what happens when the husband snaps and kills her would those cops be held liable???

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: ATF1886

Probably and then what happens when the husband snaps and kills her would those cops be held liable???

Just beat the hell out of the Coward. The Cops won't care.

Put it on YouTube .....It will go viral.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere

originally posted by: ATF1886

Just beat the hell out of the Coward. The Cops won't care.

Put it on YouTube .....It will go viral.

Your tempting me....

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   
If a concerned citizen were to knock on this couple's door, gain access and lamp the guy there is a reasonable chance they'd get away with it.

After all, the lady has dementia so couldn't possibly be a credible witness to the event...

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Yeah I'm still not buying it stinks almost as bad as the story of your crazy neighbor hiding in your attic last year.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

Yeah I'm still not buying it stinks almost as bad as the story of your crazy neighbor hiding in your attic last year.

And I think you have nothing better to do grow up I have a police report on the attic lunatic and if I get a copy of the recent event I'll send you a copy in the mail if you'd like so are you one of those people that has nothing better to do than try to make people look wrong with your false accusations...your kind of funny I'll give you another star for your continued pathetic sense of humor!!!

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   
That is not a nice thing to see. My grandmother had Alzheimers and got quite violent at times toward my grandfather.He had put her in a home for his own health. I have also experienced my grandmother go from really nice to completely evil in just seconds.I'm not condoning his actions but maybe he doesn't know what to do or handle her. Mental illness is a terrible thing and it is a tough situation to be in.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: celticdog
That is not a nice thing to see. My grandmother had Alzheimers and got quite violent at times toward my grandfather.He had put her in a home for his own health. I have also experienced my grandmother go from really nice to completely evil in just seconds.I'm not condoning his actions but maybe he doesn't know what to do or handle her. Mental illness is a terrible thing and it is a tough situation to be in.

That still does not condone those actions , she has a mental disability and he has money it's as simple as putting her in a home!!

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   

I know how that is. The neighbor woman sounded like that. Lucky you didn't do it. You would have been arrested, most likely.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join