It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The eternal NOW

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: miomo

I take it you have never heard of the double slit experiment. The Observer effect. Dear oh Dear, here was i thinking you might actually know something, anything!

www.spiritscienceandmetaphysics.com...

“I regard consciousness as fundamental. I regard matter as derivative from consciousness. We cannot get behind consciousness. Everything that we talk about, everything that we regard as existing, postulates consciousness.” – Max Planck, Nobel Prize winning originator of quantum theory, as quoted in The Observer (25 January 1931)

A Nobel prize winner no less.

edit on 23-2-2015 by DrunkYogi because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-2-2015 by DrunkYogi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: DrunkYogi

its embarrassing this stuff is such a big part of your life and you have no idea whats going on

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   

(post by miomo removed for a manners violation)

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 12:26 AM
link   
*****ATTENTION ALL MEMBERS*****

We would like to remind you that we expect civility and decorum in all forums, topics, and discussions. Continuing to post in a manner not in accordance with the T&C's can and will result in post removals and/or posting bans. Please continue your discussions with an eye on the topic and not your fellow members. Please also remember to stay on topic and cease any and all attempts to derail the thread/discussion before you.

Thank you.

You Are Responsible For Your Own posts.

We Expect Civility & Decorum In All Topics.

Ad Hominem Attacks And You

Courtesy Is Mandatory

*** Do Not Reply To This Post ***

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 11:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: miomo
These discussions always devolve into new age nonsense circle jerks, like alcoholics slurring their bs around the campfire after everyone else goes to bed.

I have a hypo. In year 2300, humans have finally completed a train which has tracks along the equator and circles the entire Earth. It runs about 99% the speed of light, and just keeps going around the Earth and around again, about 7 times per second. The government has mandated several safety features be on board, one of which is a hard land line telephone system. Essentially the telephone lines run parallel to the train tracks all the way around the Earth, and as the train speeds around it never loses contact with these telephone wires, allowing for passengers on board the train to make outbound calls for the continuous duration of their trip. On February 23, 2300, 20 wealthy passengers board the train for its maiden trip. All is well. After several hours, passenger Jimbo, after innocently flirting with the stranger seated near him, decides to call his wife, who could not travel and is instead at that moment sitting in a chair in a restaurant on land formally known as the great state of Ohio. The couple begins the conversation, as they have since they first met back in college, with a duet of a Nickleback song. Jimbo simply calls his wife, she answers by saying "hello", Jimbo the replies "hello", and then the two sing Nickelback in harmony for the next 2 minutes. As it stands, the National Security Agency directly monitors every communication, part national security part jobs program. As agent Hugo, who sits in a cubicle in Old York, listens to the conversation between Jimbo and his wife, Nola, what does he hear?

Well, Drunk Yogi's initial response - the sound of one hand clapping - is, in my opinion, about as good an answer as any to your hypothetical scenario. It is a paradox, just like trying to describe what the room actually looks like that two people are sitting in. What does the room really look like beyond all limited points-of-view? The room still exists beyond any point-of-view but as what? A paradox that only by transcending all point-of-view, mind, attention itself, can one possibly understand.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 06:18 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

doesn't mean trigonometry isn't an actual thing that can be understood. It just means you have to work on the idea and try to understand it through study.

Intellectually I understand that living only in the now alleviates suffering..

...But...but using some of the responses by the "now brigade" ...

there is no thing to be understood.
Who is the 'you that has to work"
What is an idea....where does it reside.
What is trigonometry but an abstract language using imaginary points in space

I think these are serious questions

edit on 26-2-2015 by TheConstruKctionofLight because: edit

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join