It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Aisha Myth

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: glend

The article and all the other articles I have seen that go with this picture in the past clearly state these are the brides, not the bridesmaids.

But if you don't believe me then lets look at other examples:

www.dailymail.co.uk...
www.theblaze.com... -trying-to-bury-the-story/

The horrific report of an 8-year-old girl who died of internal injuries on her wedding night in Yemen after an arranged marriage to a middle-aged man is being flatly denied by local officials, Gulf News reports, but the journalist who broke the story says the officials are trying to cover up the tragedy.

An 11-year-old Yemeni girl, Nada Al-Ahdal, recently made international news after fleeing her parents’ home when faced with an arranged marriage. In a video she made, the girl asked “what have the children done wrong?” to deserve such a fate. She cited the story of her aunt, who was put in a similar situation at age 14. After a year of beatings, sometimes with metal chains, Nada said she “poured gasoline over herself and set herself on fire.”

www.ibtimes.com...

Hundreds of girls below the age of 10 each year are forced into marriage in Iran every year -- and the trend is experiencing a dramatic increase. According to recent data released by Iran's Association of Children's Rights, the number of girls married in Iran under the age of 15 went from 33,383 in 2006 to 43,459 in 2009, a 30 percent increase in three years. In addition, while 449 girls were married in 2009 before reaching the age of 10, as many as 716 girls were married under the age of 10 in 2010, a 59 percent spike in one year. These alarming figures were accompanied by an official statement from the Iranian parliament's legal affairs committee that the Islamic Republic will push to lower the legal marriage for girls to 9 (before they even reach puberty) from the current 13.

www.nydailynews.com...

An imam in Australia was detained by cops for allegedly presiding over the marriage of a 12-year-old girl and a 26-year-old man.

www.gatestoneinstitute.org...

Campaigners against forced marriage -- which is not yet a crime in Britain -- say thousands of underage girls -- including some under the age of five -- are being forced to marry against their will in Muslim nikahs every year, and that the examples exposed by the documentary represent just "the tip of the iceberg." The documentary, entitled "Forced to Marry," was first broadcast on October 9 and involves two reporters posing as the mother and brother of a 14-year-old girl to be married to an older man. The reporters contacted 56 mosques across Britain and asked clerics to perform a nikah. The imams were specifically told that the "bride" did not consent to the marriage to an older man from London.

www.frontpagemag.com...

Last year Yemeni police broke up the wedding a 9-year-old girl. But how representative are these horrifying cases? More representative than you would think.

Portrait of Said Muhammid age 55 and his 8 year old bride:
www.slrlounge.com...

I could go on and on with other stories.

This IS happening and Imams are performing marriage ceremonies between
children and adult men.
This is not a myth.

As long as Imams believe it is right to do and teach their followers it is right to do,
then very few will believe that
Aisha is a myth
even if it is.

edit on 7Tue, 17 Feb 2015 19:13:36 -0600pm21702pmk172 by grandmakdw because: format

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

The Bible was written down by men as well correct? Anything done by MAN IS FALLIABLE. The qurans words that were written were in spoken form before they were codified and put on lambskin. Same as the Bible.

SO nope i am afraid it has soem issues just like the king james has here and there. Does it make it any less relevant though? NOPE.

Thank you, yuppa. Except for the question: "does that make it any less relevant?", I agree with you.

NONE of those 'books' have credibility except as ancient literature or mythological texts.

I have NO confidence in the Bible, or Torah, or Qu'ran, or ANY of those books.

If the "Aisha myth" was solved as just that - myth....it would HAVE TO MAKE thinking people wonder about "the Bible." Adam and Eve? A talking snake? Still alive (Jesus)? Was resurrected so he "still lives"? Well - apparently, Mohammed "flew to heaven on a winged horse" or some such nonsense like that -

Just like Elijah or Elias or whoever else "never died."
EVERYONE DIES.

PERHAPS they (we) come back in another life - but those bodies are long gone. Dead and turned to dust. Do they come back to continue teaching? Maybe.

In my opinion, even if you leave out the story of Aisha altogether, it doesn't erase the fact that Mohamad's (or however people want to spell it) recitations are suspect. They gloss over his violence and his polygamous nature, at the VERY LEAST.

The guy - Mohammed - has NO MORE credibility than any other dark-ages person who claimed he 'heard it from God'.

No, sorry, but he didn't. And Paul never met Jesus - and neither did Constantine.

Mohamed went into a cave and decided what he was going to tell his starstruck followers (who would prefer to have women and children as slaves and to slaughter any tribal groups that opposed his 'revelations'). He was going to tell them that "Allah" told him something. Something that Mohammed wanted to happen! What a coincidence!

It is ridiculous.
Like "God" told GW to invade and decimate Iraq (for an invented reason).

yeah, right.

That is why it's being ridiculed.....just like the Christian myth .....
The Bible stories are STORIES - they are MYTHS.
Expect ridicule where it is due.

Look at Netanyahu - a warmonger. Look at ISIS....another group of warmongers. Look at John Hagee - wants (for years now) to drop a nuclear bomb on the ME.

RELIGION is a problem. A big, fat, undeniable problem: one that the world needs to purge from its collective consciousness. STAT.

edit on 2/17/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

I starred your post - BUT - you should NOT read and cite "'The Blaze" or "Daily Mail" as your sources. Just - NO.
Might as well buy copies of the National Enquirer at your local grocer's. Seriously.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

His revelations and prophecy prove he is a Prophet.

Mmm..
No, Charlie. They don't.

They prove that he was a guy who went into a cave and came out of it with some things to say, which he then convinced other people that he had been told by "someone else" in that cave who happened to have a direct line to your 'God'.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle

You'll note that Sufis are treated as badly by the main sects of Islam as most of the rest of the world. I wouldn't have much trouble with Sufis in my neighborhood. They seem to be much like the gnostics of Islam.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I wouldn't have much trouble with Sufis in my neighborhood. They seem to be much like the gnostics of Islam.

They ARE "the gnostics of Islam".

Cool that you see that.

So - do you have trouble with the non-Muslim gnostics? The ones who are known as the earliest followers and chroniclers of "Jesus"?

edit on 2/17/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   

That is falsified information.

www.hoax-slayer.com...

However, this supposed photographic "evidence" is in fact meaningless because they do not actually depict child brides at all. Instead, they show young family members of either the bride or the groom.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   

India has the highest number of child brides in the world and it is not an islamic country so the problem is cultural not religious. US has over 400,000 registered sex offenders with many of them high in society (Franklin child prostitution ring) so paedophilia isn't restricted to just poorer cultures but pervades all societies.

If you want fight for the children in cultures that don't protect their young then do so with love.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

No actually his wife's cousin convinced Muhammad it was divine revelation.

Muhammad was hesitant to reveal these messages because he thought he would be driven out of Arabia...

Allah told him if people fought against him just for sharing the message he would have the backing of the Lord in fighting back.

Allah also told Muhammad he was not so important that he could force the Faith onto anyone. hence my sig!

Point being, he never went out to become some sort of Cult leader as some very uneducated people have been saying in this thread.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: ketsuko

I wouldn't have much trouble with Sufis in my neighborhood. They seem to be much like the gnostics of Islam.

They ARE "the gnostics of Islam".

Cool that you see that.

So - do you have trouble with the non-Muslim gnostics? The ones who are known as the earliest followers and chroniclers of "Jesus"?

In general, people are free to believe what they choose so long as they aren't prone to trying to force me to believe in it too. People will see more of my private thoughts here than they would ever get in face to face reality because this is a place where we are invited to put our private opinions forth in the name of open discussion.

I may not share the beliefs of Sufis or Gnostic Christians, but people are free to follow those faiths as they choose. The same generally applies to Wiccans and atheism. I don't even have a problem with the concept of a faith system that believes gays can marry. That system isn't mine, but I know there are those that do believe it can happen. OK.

Sure, you may wind up with the uncomfortable knowledge that someone's faith thinks you are condemned for how you do or don't choose to live, but that's the risk with allowing pluralism. And tolerance only requires you to accept that they have the right to go about their business, not that you have to approve of what they think or believe.

Where I draw the line is when those other systems are impressed on me against my will.

And honestly, if there was a good way to weed out the radicals, I wouldn't bat an eye about Muslims in general.
edit on 17-2-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   
It appears this issue all comes down to dates and ages of other Hadith personalities. The hadith expands heavily on geneaologies and gets mucked up quite easily. Even amongst early islamic scholars there were debates about when Mohammad was born which varies up to 50 years, but 570 A.D (year of the elephant) is the date most attribute his birth year.

One must remember that Hadith producing machine commenced from about 750 A.D onwards under the Abbasid dynasty operating out of Bagdad in Iraq. The Sunna was also created from this time onwards and there are obviously going to contradictions and memory lapses and of the course a severe case of Chinese whispers over a 150 year period.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 05:18 AM
link   
The OP deals quite comprehensively with the question of Aisha's age, so aside from that,

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
Mohamed went into a cave and decided what he was going to tell his starstruck followers (who would prefer to have women and children as slaves and to slaughter any tribal groups that opposed his 'revelations'). He was going to tell them that "Allah" told him something. Something that Mohammed wanted to happen! What a coincidence!

Except the problem being that the narrative is a bit different from that.
If power was all Muhammad was after, he wouldn't have had to go through all that trouble. Way back when he started his preaching, his uncle came with a message from the tribal leaders that they'd give him an important position and loads of riches if he'd just shut up (preaching 'One God' in a community build around a shrine they had converted to the worship of 365 gods is bad for business).
He didn't, so they cast him and his followers out, forbade anyone from sheltering them, feeding them, trading with them or even giving them water, and that was just the beginning of their oppression (the result of which his uncle and wife died in the same year).

If he wanted women and children as slaves then he certainly wouldn't have gone about constantly freeing them. I think the tradition is that him and his household freed almost 40,000 slaves, also making Islam the ONLY abrahamic religion (and possibly the only written religion) that explicitly made it a good deed (regardless of the religion of the slave, which matters if we're talking about judaism).

I can perhaps understand the argument you are trying to make, but the thing is the examples or way you said it don't back up what you wanted to say.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: babloyi

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Women are treated horribly in the Koran.
I had a muslim Father of one of my daughters friend send a koran to our house, the first page i opened was the rules on how you could rape your females slaves.
All the religins of the book, Christianity, Judaism and Islam have horrific laws for the treatment of women.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: WilsonWilson
Women are treated horribly in the Koran.

Post the phrases or it isn't true.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 12:37 AM
link   
a reply to: WilsonWilson

The facts are clear, and the mission is clear, if we do not remove the source of these religions and the horrible need for them all, NOTHING will ever get better.

It is high time to find those who started and foment all of this in the name of SPIRITUALITY.

Something that does not even exist but is used to CAPTURE and SHIELD from the truth of existence.

Not one SOURCE exists and has a plan, but many others do, and they all are desperately trying to keep the percentages at certain levels here on earth.

The fear they have of the experiment getting out of hand and actually succeeding is too much for the "GODS" so they have wrapped a tight grip on the earth, and push as much BS into this world as possible, like the DRILLING MUD into the well.

I can see religions dissolving in SECONDS in the not to far future.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 06:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

originally posted by: hellobruce
You then have people believing such nonsense, and trying to do the same

www.dailytelegraph.com.au... s/story-fni0cx12-1227215985202

A 12-YEAR-OLD bride was found to be pregnant after the 27-year-old man she had ­“married” in an Islamic ceremony was charged with child sex offences. The man, who cannot be named for legal reasons, was initially charged with 25 counts of having sexual intercourse with a child in February last year. He later pleaded guilty to one count of persistent sexual abuse of a child, which carries a 25-year maximum jail ­sentence. The statement of facts, ­which was tendered during his sentencing hearing in the Downing Centre District Court yesterday, revealed that soon after the man was charged, the girl was taken for a medical examination. The girl, who is now 14, was suffering from “sharp right lower abdominal pain” and medical tests revealed that she was having “an ectopic pregnancy and miscarried”, court papers said.Text

A very sick religion

I agree, I don't know how anyone can follow the word of a pedophile.
. People do it all the time with the King James version of the bible.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: ToneDeaf

I cant post the exact phrase but it was telling Muslim Men not to practice Coitus Interruptus on their female slaves to prevent them getting pregnant. Apparently it is illegal to sell pregnant slaves.
I closed the book and never went back.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: shaolyn

originally posted by: thesaneone

originally posted by: hellobruce
You then have people believing such nonsense, and trying to do the same

www.dailytelegraph.com.au... s/story-fni0cx12-1227215985202

A 12-YEAR-OLD bride was found to be pregnant after the 27-year-old man she had ­“married” in an Islamic ceremony was charged with child sex offences. The man, who cannot be named for legal reasons, was initially charged with 25 counts of having sexual intercourse with a child in February last year. He later pleaded guilty to one count of persistent sexual abuse of a child, which carries a 25-year maximum jail ­sentence. The statement of facts, ­which was tendered during his sentencing hearing in the Downing Centre District Court yesterday, revealed that soon after the man was charged, the girl was taken for a medical examination. The girl, who is now 14, was suffering from “sharp right lower abdominal pain” and medical tests revealed that she was having “an ectopic pregnancy and miscarried”, court papers said.Text

A very sick religion

I agree, I don't know how anyone can follow the word of a pedophile.
. People do it all the time with the King James version of the bible.

How about be specific. thats kind of vague no?

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   
this may have absolutely nothing to do with the original debate but ill say it anyway. nearly all organised religions are written filled with lies and contradiction.(Buddhism not so much) islam and Christianity specially so. they both spread so much hate
Quran (22:19-21) - But as for those who disbelieve, garments of fire will be cut out for them; boiling fluid will be poured down on their heads; Whereby that which is in their bellies, and their skins too, will be melted; And for them are hooked rods of iron

Any city that doesn’t receive the followers of Jesus will be destroyed in a manner even more savage than that of Sodom and Gomorrah. Mark 6:11
in my opinion all religion should be outlawed it just cause pain and suffering. not spirituality though thats like thinking drugs

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join