It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Aisha Myth

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: hellobruce

If the child in the video below was american and her attackers muslum wouldn't that have been echoed across all media for weeks on end?

So you need recognize that your belief system is being manipulated by masters to support wars for profit. A great many innocent children that never get mentioned in western media die so you can have a better life.

We really need to trade the hatred in our hearts for love and protect all children regardless of their race, colour or religion.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
Proof... Or it didn't happen!

After you provide proof Muhammad was really a prophet and not just a murderous paedophile.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Of all the criticisms I could level at Mohammad and how he lived, this particular one is the least nefarious for his day and age. In those days, child marriage was not uncommon. No, in this day and age, we do not like to embrace that reality and all it means, but there it is. Men well old enough to be their fathers married girls scarcely old enough to have an inkling of an idea of what that really meant.

But this was not at all unique to Mohammad or even the tribal cultures he came out of. It was a practice that was found all across the world.

Notice that I am not saying that makes it right, far from it. I am merely saying that it was likely something like the cultural practice of slavery - so common that no one even had an idea that it might be wrong.

Where I part ways with Muslims on this issue is when we get into the idea that Mohammad was the perfect example of how to live one's life so they use it to justify marrying girls as young as Aisha in this day and age where it very much IS understood to be wrong.

Now, we can discuss where the right to practice one's religion and follow one's beliefs clash with the laws of society.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: hellobruce

His revelations and prophecy prove he is a Prophet.

You don't have to believe them.

Nothing proves he was such a thing you are claiming. In truth, those claims are contradicted by others.

But you can believe it all you like.

But way to go not proving it...

I guess next time you think about telling people to prove 9/11 was an inside job you'll take a step back and cease the hypocrisy of believing fallacious statements for one thing, but not the other!

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: glend

Love the sentiment that humans should love and protect all soul regardless of race, color or religion. But sometimes the role models are the problem and until humanity deals with the role models, the damage/suffering continues since people idolizes them and their flaws.

I hope that the soul that was in Muhammad body have transcended to higher levels as I wish for all souls. My problem is with the legacy that have been left behind that is from my point of view holding all of humanity back. And from my point off view Paul is a similar problem in Christian faith. Not good enough to teach spirituality from my point of view. To much ego and need of idolizing (mentioned that he is the prophet and no one else know Allah except thru his teachings).
edit on 16-2-2015 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Now that is one of the things that I do have to quibble with Mohammad on. So he received revelations ... OK. It seems to me that sometimes, he seemed to have revelations, and sometimes, he seemed to receive revelations of convenience. By that I mean that while some of them seem OK, there are others that seemed to arrive just in time for Mohammad to justify exactly what he wanted to do.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

It could definitely appear that way.

& I can't say that's not the case...

What I can do is look toward Judgement Day...
& the fear of Allah...

& with those two things in mind...

I'm a believer that while timing may have seemed convenient...
It is not impossible for a revelation to occur at an opportune moment.
& I'm not sure if Muhammad would have forsaken the Afterlife for an Earthly desire...
That, considering his teachings revolved around working hard in this life to avoid the Earthly, to gain Paradise.

And example, even if a little basic...
Have you ever heard a voice saying "such and such will occur" & then 30 seconds later, it occurs...

Now if you believe in psychic abilities...
You could put it down to that...

If you believe in divine intervention...
It could be that...

I don't know if that's an acceptable reply, it's difficult without a specific revelation you may be talking about to fully answer, or attempt to answer at least.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Arrangements between families were made even before
the children were born. Those that do not understand have
hyped it up, and should get their heads out of their arse.
The english monarchy arranged marriages as well;
Even before the child was born,
they were predestined to marry into the bloodline. This has
absolutely nothing to do with pedophilia.

On another point, the word 'adoption', is
mistranslated between the languages.
Family additions, unions, were regarded as 'marriages'.

definition example:
a marriage of science and art

Besides, Mohammad staunchly and adamantly made
a declaration to protect all children especially the orphans.

Those that live in the dark know nothing but hate.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

edit on 16/2/15 by ToneDeaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Now if you believe in psychic abilities...
You could put it down to that...

If you believe in divine intervention...
It could be that.

From my point of view it is both. CharlieSpeirs if you can be a better spiritual you by following the Quran follow the Quran.
. I unfortunately cannot see the beauty there that you can see.

Now this I could get interested in.

edit on 16-2-2015 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle

Muhammad is only mentioned four times in the Quran and any idolization of his image banned so Quran isn't about Muhammad. I agree message of Christianity has been muddied by Paul, instead of idolizing Jesus death, Christianity should be idolizing his footsteps. The Gospel of Thomas hints he was an enlightened master.

But even if both books have faults, they both teach prayer, and that perhaps is more powerful than the books themselves. If people took religion seriously, instead of wearing the badge, the world would be a better place. We need less ego, more faith.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 01:25 AM
link   

I do not agree and see his subjective teachings as ego boosting putting himself as special privileged who can act immoral and even break his own commands as he pleases but others should follow his will. Strange that it was allowed to depict Muhammad in 14th and 16th centuries.

hereandnow.wbur.org...

I can maybe agree on the prayer as a way of getting light from source if it is effective. We need more spiritual knowledge and experiences of the source of all, than faith in religion from my point of view.

I wonder what kind of faith Islam would have been if Muhammad was less dualistic in his views and more turn the other cheek? Instead of seeing his teachings as flawed I might have seen a big part of the divine shining thru.
edit on 17-2-2015 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Muhammed was Jim Jones basically.

That's my interpritation of the prophet anyways.

edit on am20000002815Tue, 17 Feb 2015 03:28:43 -0600 by AnuTyr because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: glend

Muhammad is only mentioned four times in the Quran and any idolization of his image banned so Quran isn't about Muhammad. I agree message of Christianity has been muddied by Paul, instead of idolizing Jesus death, Christianity should be idolizing his footsteps. The Gospel of Thomas hints he was an enlightened master.

But even if both books have faults, they both teach prayer, and that perhaps is more powerful than the books themselves. If people took religion seriously, instead of wearing the badge, the world would be a better place. We need less ego, more faith.

We don't idolize His death, but we do celebrate it another part of His life. After all, He did not die but rose and lives to this day. His life is not over yet and we are not celebrating that.

It's like celebrating how you overcame cancer in a way.
edit on 17-2-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   
It may be a myth, but it is one that is believed in in the Middle East and condoned by Imam's as the truth and a right way to live.

www.godlessgeeks.com...

450 Grooms Wed GIRLS Under Ten In Gaza .... A gala event has occurred in Gaza.

Hamas sponsored a mass wedding for four hundred and fifty couples. Most of the grooms were in their mid to late twenties; most of brides were under ten.

Muslim dignitaries including Mahmud Zahar, a leader of Hamas, were on hand to congratulate the couples who took part in the carefully staged celebration. We are saying to the world and to America that you cannot deny us joy and happiness, Zahar told the grooms, all of whom were dressed in identical black suits and hailed from the nearby Jabalia refugee camp. Each groom received a gift of 500 dollars from Hamas. The pre-pubescent girls, dressed in white gowns and adorned with garish make-up, received bridal bouquets. "We are presenting this wedding as a gift to our people who stood firm in the face of the siege and the war," Local Hamas strongman Ibrahim Salaf said in a speech.

That is where the real problem is, and why the myth has taken root and is believed.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   

But as I have already mentioned, Muhammad is only mentioned 4 times in Quran, Jesus 25 times and Allah 1567 times so I don't agree with your argument that Muhammed is the role model of Islam. He was an ordinary man recognized as an apostle in the Quran. He received the message from Allah through Gabriel.

If you look Christianity, Paul is mentioned 163 times in 159 verses so if your argument holds true then Paul must be the role model for Christianity because he wrote much of the new testament. But he clearly is not.

"Instead of seeing his teachings as flawed".

We have different books for different cultures that teach a similar message. If God is the brightest of white lights do you think any of us are prepared to take on the whitest of teachings. Perhaps all religions are various colours of grey for reason. If you read Quran with a 4AD mindset you should be blown away, its inspirational. Many of todays Muslums read it with that mindset. Likewise with Christianity, not many Christians travel by donkey no

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

We don't idolize His death, but we do celebrate it another part of His life. After all, He did not die but rose and lives to this day. His life is not over yet and we are not celebrating that.
It's like celebrating how you overcame cancer in a way.

I have no doubt that Jesus (Yeshua) is one of the greatest lights that has ever shone on our planet but our spirits are unconquerable so the resurrection shouldn't be revered or even surprise. Jesus (Yeshua) did not die for our sins, he was born to help us realize our sins and step up to them. Instead of celebrating his life we should be walking the desert.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

Those young girls are young bride maids to marriages. But you have turned their fun with your sickness. Tells much about you, no?
edit on 17 2 2015 by glend because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Those young girls are young bride maids to marriages.

Are you sure about that? I went looking for more info on that picture and only came up with more articles about child brides. From the look on their faces, they look like they're with their daddies or some other beloved and trusted family member, and they look like they're having fun, not marching toward a life of rape and child birth.

I want to believe you. Can you provide a link?

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

The Hadith are not part of the Quran.

I don't know how that is semantics, it is common knowledge.

I'm saying both...

& those oral traditions are fallible.

The Quran isn't.

Hold on there kemosabe. COrrect me if i am wrong but was the Quran written down by men? OK. The Bible was written down by men as well correct? Anything done by MAN IS FALLIABLE. The qurans words that were written were in spoken form before they were codified and put on lambskin. Same as the Bible.

SO nope i am afraid it has soem issues just like the king james has here and there. Does it make it any less relevant though? NOPE.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Yes. There is also a video which tried to turn flower girls into brides which is talked about here

The minimum age in gaza for female marriage is 17 today (some sources say 16) which is same as many states in the US.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join