It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats seek relief from health law penalties

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

It's VIRTUALLY a Cloward and Piven MANDATE.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I understand its "my money", but credits I get are triple what I pay throughout the year. Its not really a preferable situation, but as long as the fees don't cut into the money of my return that I've actually paid into, I'm OK with it.

But like I said, there's not a lot of people that are as broke as I am that still fall into the fine bracket, so it's really going to affect them

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: Elton

That would be true, except the fines, penalties, and deadlines have been a major discussion point for the past 2 years. If there is any tax payer out there who sincerely can say "I was unaware of these penalties," I'm not exactly sure what would have educated them on the reality of the bill shy of a personal phone call to each American.

It is bluntly obvious that many of the ACA detractors' predictions on just how damaging this law would be are coming true. The current crop of Democrats in DC are trying to kick the can down the road in an effort to salvage their political careers because, let's be adults here, voters vote first and foremost based on their financial situation. Nobody in their right mind votes to make themselves poorer or give themselves less financial freedom and choices.

There's a lynchpin point, Burd and I believe our approval rating
disconnect from Congress is the rusty Smith. These guys have had
no problem voting against opinion and 'will of the people' polls
for three maybe four generations of cobbling up bad laws.

For the other side of the Lord and Taylor suit, I can't think of quite
that many people that signed onto Obamacare with full knowledge
of the ramifications. It wouldn't be construed as being delusional--
but this never would have been allowed by an informed population.

When somebody looks at me as if recently stabbed six months after
getting on the big exchange, and his medical supplies aren't covered:
while his nonexistent preems are being paid by someone else:
"You were expecting..."

Chickens coming home?
The vultures are lining up in sufficient numbers to slap land on the
Nimitz so the old guy's maybe going to capsize instead of mothball...
graak I tell you graak. And if they try to garnish my SS pension it'll
go badly downtown. Title 26 willl eat them all.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

originally posted by: dothedew
Meh, I'm fine either way. How it's looking so far, I'm going to have too little annual income to actually face any fines next year.

Even if I did, my annual return is high enough to where they'd simply end up taking the fines out of my return.... (Basically, they end up fining and paying themselves)

Wait...your return???

something to consider: your income tax return is your money. YOUR money. You give it to the government in small increments each month, and it amounts to an interest free loan. They do not return your overpaid taxes with any sort of interest payment or anything.

You are really fine with them taking some of that interest free loan principle, and adjusting it off with a newly made up penalty?

Different issue, but relevant. Another reason why I didn't quite make it in
time to Judy Barr Topinka's funeral. (Edit for clarity... yes in Illnoise,
slightly more crooked in political cross-section than my 63YO unmentionable)

The invented and quite novel, arbitrary penalty was levied as a function
of failing to file on my corp... which by the way under Title26 didn't earn
even enough gross (much less) net to file a return.
They don't care.. yet. But back to the thread proper, when the Rathscabal
gets pried out of the Supremes and we go back to some real law, they WILL
in Spades.
I'm worried about how many people are just fragging their dreet in order
to get standing in tax court-- and clog that toilet forevermore Amen.

edit on 17-2-2015 by derfreebie because: Would like the red overall color scheme, if it wasn't so ominous

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Unless you want government to control the rate structure
Perhaps the free market should contro the rate structure, or a new agency. They can do whatever they want, but I have no health coverage and found a way to make them think I do. One day when the Republicans bring back the liberty of choice, I wont have any then either. If I have to live with Insurance companies who get to pick and choose who they cover to have that choice, then so be it.

People have the liberty to make the worst health decisions they want and drain our medical system as a result. I should also have the liberty of not having to be forced to play a part in that system. It is simply another cog in the wheel of product ownership, the citizen being the product, and the malicious profit first corporate model (Morganised) being the owners. This mandate simply solidifies that ownership to another level.

We are stuffed full of their poisons they pass of as food and beverages. entertained into being idle and sedentary. pumped full of more toxins to allegedly "combat" the effects of the poisonous foods and lack of physical activity. Now those of us who dont play into the system the establishment imposes on the masses of mind controlled self destruction, we do not want to be forced into it. This is another way of them attempting ownership and turning the people who dont play the game by way of wit and craft into reluctant payers into a broken system.

That is an infringement upon liberty and I will not accept it. I will not play the game, and I will find every way possible out of it. In fact I already have, and it is not that difficult. I prefer not to have my "knees broken" in a manner of speaking by IRS thugs so I wont exactly make that public how. Perhaps those who want the loophole should browse anonymous chat forums and simply inquire. You may very well get the answer that will give you the choice not to buy insurance and dodge the fee.

There are still loopholes for dodging car insurance and still keeping your tags/license, but that is a more dangerous game to play than dodging ACA, as it is a very well established system that has gotten the police involved. And if the past decade has taught us anything, your chances of death in America skyrocket any time the police are involved.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: DYepes
One day when the Republicans bring back the liberty of choice

Good luck with that.

<< 2  3  4   >>

join