It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats seek relief from health law penalties

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 02:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: xuenchen
So it looks like a Democrat law is victimizing too many Democrats?

Actually, it looks like people who didn't sign up when they had the chance is the problem... Although I'd support an extension? I can just see you go through the roof if a sign up deadline was extended. Or would YOU support an extension to the sign up deadline?

Actually, we're laughing at the very same people who passed the law they're now complaining about. Didn't they read it? Why is it not fair? I thought that was why they passed it ... you know so that EVERYTHING would be FAIR for EVERYONE, including the precious snowflakes in their own districts who are now complaining it's not fair.

These are the people who voted for the people who sold them a false bill of goods when we all tried to warn them, but WE were the liars.

Well now we're laughing at them getting what's coming to them good and hard.

I have no sympathy and want to see them get no relief at any level. They deserve it all.

I agree, every republican and libertarian on the planet was screaming "are you guys crazy? This is a terrible idea!!"

Now " it is the law of the land"- basically every democrat after the aca passage.

So now they need to suck it up......this is what happens when short sighted dems pass "deal good " bs.

" it isn't that my liberal friends know too little, it is that they know so much that isn't so."- Ronald Reagan

They created rose Marys baby, now they get to deal with it, and stop whining about it.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 02:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
a reply to: stirling

THAT way we can be forced in a single payer system which is it's final objective ,WELL ,that and killing the sick and old off.

Shhh!!!

"There are not going to be death panels"
" if you like your plan"
" save the average family"
" rein in healthcare spending"

Uggh.......

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 02:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan
a reply to: xuenchen

So their plan is... the ACA without an individual mandate. That's even more unworkable than the current solution (and is very close in principal to Obama's original proposal to have no mandate, the mandate was added to gain Democrat support). Politics are a funny thing.

Your article closes with Boehner saying there's a plan, it's just super secret right now and that we can all see it in the future.

Never trust a republican politician as far as you can throw a decratic politician.

This works both ways.

Both are lying pos.

If they propose a law, a rational person should oppose it automatically.

And never approve unless it is less than 6 pages long period.

Every law should be able to be easy read and understood by the average layperson.

Anything else should meet the shredder without a second thought.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 04:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657
You're kidding right? You can pretty much drive right out at the Canadian or Mexican border. Stop show your liscense state your destination and business in those countries.
That's not so hard. Is it?

you are right leaving the US, especially for places like Canada or Mexico is not all that hard, well except for needing a passport thanks to the US government after 911 where before just a birth certificate or a standard drivers license was acceptable. so first you have to get a passport, so many people could not just leave anytime they want now. so before you can even think of leaving you need to jump through all the hurdles to gain one as well as pay for it, then wait to receive it. oh and good luck when you get to the border and tell them you are leaving the US, and do not want to return there. chances are you will be turned around and sent right back. sure you can visit another country for a time no problem, but to emigrate to another country is yet another often long and drawn out process. and if you are lucky, you might just be allowed to go. now you could illegally immigrate to another country, where you will find out that most countries are not so tolerant as the US is with illegal immigrants from South America. yet again chances are once caught you would be shipped back to the US, with a "do not return" notice, otherwise known as being deported. or you could be imprisoned for your crime. does anyone have the death penalty for illegal immigration?

so you have left the US, you are good now right? WRONG you are still a US citizen, and they still want your tax money, you still BELONG to them (if there is a military draft for example, they still fully expect you to go), etc. heck the US government has even been stealing money off of non-US citizens, even those that have never even been to the US in their lives, voted, used any US government service, or to be brutally honest even know the US sees them as belonging to them, and are happy, tax paying, CITIZENS of another country. this is because the US government considers any person with a US citizen as a parent (possibly even ONE grandparent), no matter of where born (and likely thus a citizen of), or the other parent's citizenship, an American citizen. many of these people have no clue that they are considered an American citizen (or that a parent or grandparent is an American citizen) by the US government, until the IRS comes knocking wanting back taxes from them, and trying to raid their (outside of US) bank accounts for "back taxes owing". so you can see just leaving the US, does not remove you (or your descendants), from US government control. now currently those who reside outside of the US are exempt from having to buy into the UN-Affordable Care Act, yet that is no guarantee that they won't look abroad for extra money for it by forcing it onto them as well, just like they have with other taxes in the future.

now there IS a way to denounce US citizenship. there are hoops you must jump through and fees (extortion), you must pay. but where then will you be a citizen of? not all countries will even let someone who was not born there of citizen parents become citizens (and will of course not let non citizens do things like own property in their country, even marrying someone from that country does not let you become a citizen). so can you even denounce citizenship, if you can not be a citizen of where you live? and if you can, will another country even let someone who is not a citizen of any country into their country (like the fact you need a passport for example). after all if you are not a citizen of a country, just where do they deport you to if you tick them off?

so you can see leaving the US is not just as simple as "You can pretty much drive right out at the Canadian or Mexican border. Stop show your liscense state your destination and business in those countries.". it can be rather difficult.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Actually, it looks like people who didn't sign up when they had the chance is the problem... Although I'd support an extension? I can just see you go through the roof if a sign up deadline was extended. Or would YOU support an extension to the sign up deadline?

Sorry, but it does not matter how many times they extend the deadline, my partner and I can not afford to sign up. Even at the 'Obamacare discount rate' the monthly premiums are more than we can afford. This is not about "left vs right or liberal vs conservative" or whatever else you want to call it. This is about money. Right now we are paying a penalty because we are too poor to buy the insurance. How is that fair?

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Khaleesi

Sorry, but it does not matter how many times they extend the deadline, my partner and I can not afford to sign up. Even at the 'Obamacare discount rate' the monthly premiums are more than we can afford. This is not about "left vs right or liberal vs conservative" or whatever else you want to call it. This is about money. Right now we are paying a penalty because we are too poor to buy the insurance. How is that fair?

it's really not fair to penalize (monetarily of course) someone because the "Affordable Care Act" insurance, is NOT affordable. it really has to be the most asinine insurance plan i have ever heard of. seriously they are forcing people to buy this "insurance" or pay a monetary fine if they don't. how does this even make sense? what makes it even worse is that for many people to even come close to having a premium they can afford, it means that there is no way they can afford to pay the high deductibles to use it. in other words for many it becomes an insurance policy they can't afford to even use. an insurance policy they have to have. but i guess not being able to use the insurance is a profit maker for the insurance companies since it means the money comes in, but they won't have to pay out. now how exactly does this actually help people? you know the whole reason behind it being so that people can access the medical care they need.

in all seriousness this is hurting people, not helping them. i think it's a rather telling thing when someone leaves what used to be a decent paying (before the required "ACA insurance", including having to pay recurring medical expenses under their old health care plan), full time job, to move out of the country without a job in hand, and most likely going to a "part time" job in order to be able to afford to live. all because of the ACA. quite frankly all the (UN)-Affordable Care Act, did was make the medical care they had been receiving (but was affordable), now out of the question because of the added expense (by thousands of dollars per year).

the only thing that could be worse is bringing medical care down to the poor quality of care found in places with socialized healthcare like in Canada. something i have no wish to see happen to others. i have too many friends suffering in pain (some for years now) because of it.
edit on 17-2-2015 by generik because: typo

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: infinityorder

Not wanting to and not being able to are not the same.

The only FACT I see is that americans are still living comfortably enough to complain but not to act.
edit on 17-2-2015 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Khaleesi

The short answer is that it isn't.

However, this is what they did to people, and the people who are calling this unfair are three of the people who worked the hardest to push it through so we all get to suffer under it.

Why should we do anything to help them out of it other than get rid of the whole stinking mess they foisted on us in the first place?

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: generik

Really how hard is it to get a passport?
Online guidelines say, provide proof of citizenship, an I.D., a photo and pay a fee.
So, your birth certificate, to show citizenship, your drivers license, or state I'D, submit a new photo, pay the fee. I believe that's around $70.00.
To leave the country your immunizations must be up to date but smart people would already know and have immunizations sufficient to insure good health .
If I wanted to travel out of the country this doesn't seem too hard.
The way you phrase this makes it sound arduous and painstaking but is it really?

link   
Damn kindle 3 times!!!
edit on 2172015 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

link   

link   
No 4 times!

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: SubTruth

Well sorry. I was actually looking for an answer to a specific question asked of a specific member and that member wasn't you. Nice nose by the way.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   
NO! No more exemptions, let the people who voted for these crooks pay the price for their ill informed voting choices.
Laws are made for everyone to abide by,Either everyone is held accountable to the law or the law should be repealed.
Exempting some people from abiding by a law while holding others accountable to that same law is discrimination and undemocratic.
Make the people who voted for Obama bare personal responsibility for the ACA,people never learn from their mistakes if they are never held personally responsible for those mistakes.Hold the politicians who voted for the ACA accountable don`t let them squirm their way out of this mess.They are trying to buy votes and ensure their re-election by making exemptions and changes,they voted for the ACA and now they need to own it and take responsibility for it even if it means they don`t get re-elected.
enacting laws and changing laws for the sole purpose of getting re-elected is un-democratic and defeats the whole purpose of making laws.Laws are meant to be things that are for the good of the people not for ensuring re-elections.
Making laws that are not for the good of the people,but only serve to ensure re-election is treasonous.

Right from the get go, common sense should have made it clear to everyone that if a person needs government credits to pay the monthly premiums then they don`t make anywhere near enough to be able to afford the deductibles.
The government is buying insurance for people who can`t afford to use it, the only ones gaining are the insurance companies.They have a guaranteed government backed income and a guaranteed limit on liabilities due to the unaffordable deductibles.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   
That's nothing I went and picked up my taxes it's in a poor part of town the woman said she is getting tired of people complaining about not getting any money back and the ACA paperwork.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657

Really how hard is it to get a passport?
Online guidelines say, provide proof of citizenship, an I.D., a photo and pay a fee.
So, your birth certificate, to show citizenship, your drivers license, or state I'D, submit a new photo, pay the fee. I believe that's around $70.00.
To leave the country your immunizations must be up to date but smart people would already know and have immunizations sufficient to insure good health .
If I wanted to travel out of the country this doesn't seem too hard.
The way you phrase this makes it sound arduous and painstaking but is it really?

it takes time to do, and can be a pain in the butt. get everything together then it takes time for it to be made and delivered. so while not a very difficult thing it is not something where you can decide to go tomorrow. it takes even more time when you need to replace a document. i added a couple weeks my first time getting a passport because my birth certificate was worn in a critical spot for example, so i had to wait for a new copy. i know i am right now waiting for my new passport, it should be ready to pick up at the embassy in a couple more weeks. at one time there was about a 6 month wait due to demand.

and where do people get this funny idea about "To leave the country your immunizations must be up to date"? since when? i have never been asked about immunizations when leaving or entering ANY country, such as the US, Canada, South Korea, Mexico, Japan, Hong Kong. considering i have been living outside of North America for a few years now and go back and forth a couple times a year, you would think if that was something needed at least some country would have asked for it by now. in fact the only time i have ever run into anything regarding health and possible diseases (other than being scanned with heat scanners at some airports, and questions on immigration forms about when i last visited a farm), was when shipping a body back to North America. in that case you need permission from both the country the body is being shipped from (allowing it to leave) and the country the body is being shipped to, all done by hospitals and embassies. other than that i have never, ever been even asked about my health other than if i was traveling primarily for medical purposes (medical "tourism" is on the rise, from the US to gain cheaper help, from countries like Canada to get help that is unavailable or will take to long to receive proper care due to socialized medicine), never been asked about things like have i been immunized at all. nor have i been asked about immunizations when getting "visas" or extending them. now if you are going to emigrate permanently to countries like the US, that is part of the process you go through, but then people and their doctors are more than willing to lie about things like having Tuberculosis (so much for that) to gain permanent residence in the US. one thing to note when it comes to recommended vaccinations and inoculations traveling. you are much better off getting anything you need in the country you are traveling to. this ensures you actually get the one you need for that area. too many people get shots or medicines to prevent Malaria for example only to find out that what they were told to get in North America as recommended by the World Health Organization, find out after arriving to the country they are traveling to that it was not the right stuff for that area, and what they got is useless (has happened to several people i know like my parents and likely why a friend got malaria while traveling). what is "having immunizations up to date" anyway? now i'm sure i got all my vaccinations and such as a child, but i couldn't tell you what, where, or when, seriously that was a long time ago. no doctor has ever told me i need anything more than a couple tetanus shots in the last 20 years when i badly cut myself on rusty and/or contaminated objects, or a "flu-shot" which is just a bad idea.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Comparing legal travel to illegal immigration is apples and oranges.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
a reply to: stirling

THAT way we can be forced in a single payer system which is it's final objective ,WELL ,that and killing the sick and old off.

That is untrue. A single payer system would put the health insurance companies out of business. The ACA was written so that wouldn't happen. ACA and single payer are WORLDS apart. The ACA is straight up forced consumerism while single payer is just paid for out of your taxes. Seeing as how politicians don't like making anyone upset, I doubt that ACA will cede way to a single payer system. What is more likely is that the politicians will try to "fix" the ACA (probably make it even worse than it already is though).

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   
So the democrats put in place a program designed for the citizens that is a forced purchase but many can't afford it and are penalized for not purchasing it nor can they afford the penalties. And now the Dems want to reverse the penalties because the citizens are too poor to afford them instead of reversing the unaffordable program which iniated the unaffordable penalties in the first place. Makes sense

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: stirling
Point is.....
The affordable health care is UNAFFORDABLE................nuff said
Its neither universal nor is it comprehensive....
The absolute worst program for health care any country has ever initiated.....
Should have NATIONALZED the doctors and the hospitals and ousted the for profit idea to start with.....
The concept of making money off peoples misery is just egregious.....Cuba has a better health care system....

Exactly! The deductible for most is so high that most people don't have the money to pay the out of pocket costs to even meet the deductible for the insurance to even kick in and offer the relief many people expected!

Therefore, it's a death sentence! How can one justify spending a couple hundred dollars for a doctors visit then the meds prescribed? This is an Insurance Companies dream come true!

So much for those evil corporation our president stands on his pedestal and pretends he hates?

This is beautiful and I would just like to add that on top of ALLLL that, they also have to pay some outrageous medical premiums. Yes, it's a death sentence especially to the lower middle class.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: infinityorder

I suppose I AM motivated since I AM a target who should die,as a result of injuries from service.

AND a potential terrorist.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join